MKS will debut in LA, on sale by Summer

igor

I think the V6 Fusion has better take rate then the Camcord duo because its a value leader..you can get a V6 Fusion for the same as a I4 Camcord...

I'm wondering what the FOE means for 2.5 I4 engine...

I guess the 3L PIP is just going to be an Escape/X-type engine now.

In the Escape/Mariner/Tribute......that should be more than enough engine. It would be nice if they could shoe horn it into the Focus.

And the X Type, ugh........KILL IT! What a lackluster heap of metal.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why the heck would it need a 3L V6?

I agree about the 2.5L I4 going into the Focus, but I think its a bit too large for C car like the Focus unless its a performance option

Ah, our C1 Focus comes with 2.5 litre Turbo I5 in the sporty version.

Maybe someone wants a simpler V6 version?

Richard, I didn't add this thumbnail,

can you see why it's appeared?

post-18828-1115064458_thumb.jpg

Edited by jpd80

Ah, our C1 Focus comes with 2.5 litre Turbo I5 in the sporty version.

Maybe someone wants a simpler V6 version?

Richard, I didn't add this thumbnail,

can you see why it's appeared?

Hey that's my car! And my guitar! That's in my Mustang picture post in the Mustang forum. I took that picture in April 05 after I got that car.

So if the 3.5L is going into the Fusion, where does that leave the "supposed" 2.5L I-4, TT GDI, OPP, ABS blah blah, engine?

where it was before - it will get better mileage than the D35 - it was never there for POWER - it was there for ECONOMY

Igor

Jackass, its going to be a 2.5L TT application, not the 2.3L engine that the CX-7 has in it now. Not to mention that the 2.3L engine doesn't have enough grunt to move the CX-7 effectively also...if you do som research, you'll see that the CX-7 is only about 150 lbs lighter then the Edge, and the Edge gets better MPG then it with a more powerful V6 engine. Your not going to automatically get better MPG by putting a less powerful engine in a car if it can't move it effectively. The current non-turbo 2.3L gets about 30 MPG already in the Fusion and I haven't heard any complaints about its power in the Fusion, besides the automatic being trashy with it. As long as you don't have your foot into the boost all the time it should do fine with MPG.

There you go with the insults again, what, is your little mind not capable of formuklating a response to anything people say on here without showing what an ignorant hick you are?

I guess you have serious penis issues if your worrying about the fusion making 8-10 HP less then the competition with a I4 GDITT engine vs their V6's...

Now you're talking about my genitals, what are you? Some sorry little faggot? I love how nerds like you talk trash safely behind their computer screens. Now please, don't reply to any of my posts again you sick fuck.

There you go with the insults again, what, is your little mind not capable of formuklating a response to anything people say on here without showing what an ignorant hick you are?

its Formulating not formuklating....and you say I'm ignorant?

Now you're talking about my genitals, what are you? Some sorry little faggot? I love how nerds like you talk trash safely behind their computer screens. Now please, don't reply to any of my posts again you sick fuck.

Wannnahhaa gonna tell mommy that your getting picked on over the internet?

Get a set of balls if you can't take it...

So then somebody at Ford with a brain took the right action, woner who that was??

This won't go over well here.

No, I would say it will. The argument before that we were giving is that there was not enough capacity to put the D35 in the Fusion. This means they have that capacity and it is a very good thing.

Because silverSVT implied that wanting to be competitive or beat the competition means you have some kind of issue with male genitals.. :shrug:

Sounds like something I'd hear from some feminist group..

Well, now that Elena Ford is gone, the feminist performance haters within Ford just lost their biggest advocate ;)

So Ford's performance Fusion will make less power than the competitions run of the mill cars?

And where is this proof that a 260 horse fusion can get 30mpg? The CX-7 uses a similar set-up and gets horrible gas mileage..

3 words...weight, gearing and aerodynamics..........

So then somebody at Ford with a brain took the right action, woner who that was??

This won't go over well here.

Kuzak, and Mulally .. and maybe Fields. The first two definitely .. the latter - maybe - I do not know how much he was involved in the approval of the PIP D30 program. Kuzak does not want any more complexity than he needs to worry about ... managing development of one engine family is ways easier than managing 2,3,4, or 5...

Igor

Ugh, thank God! I can finally stop reading the incessant btching on here about the D30 in the Fusion/Milan. Yeah, it'll still be in the escape, but everyone knows that that's getting a house cleaning in a few model years and that its selling well in spite of having the D30.

Interestingly enough, the PIPD30, if the 235/216 numbers from the D30PIP thread are to be believed, will be one of the best production engines ever of that particular size. Comparing it to what was widely lauded as the best 3.0L 6 cylinder to have ever graced an engine compartment, the 3.0L I6 from last year's BMW 330i (255hp/220 tq, dual vanos, magnesium components, no throttle body, tuned for premium) its got almost as much tq and is only down about 20 hp. Again, if that other post is to be believed, and that is a tune for regular gas, then potentially the PIP D30 would be capable of producing about 10% more hp and torque when tuned for premium, resulting in conservative numbers of 235 lbs of torque and 257 hp. That's a non trivial amount of torque advantage over the BMW engine with similar hp. Its a v, so it may not be quite as smooth, but, it'll go transversely where you want it to. The Honda accord 3.0L was pushing 240 hp and around 220 lbs of torque when it was fed premium. The 3.2L did a bit better in the 3.2TL, but, it had 7% more displacement.

I wonder if the improved X-type will see that engine tuned for premium and not have AWD related exhaust restrictions (a hamstring of the existing D30 that it currently has).

No, I would say it will. The argument before that we were giving is that there was not enough capacity to put the D35 in the Fusion. This means they have that capacity and it is a very good thing.

Sounds great to me. Is the Transmission the Ford/GM 6A in the Edge/MKX or the Aisin unit in the MKZ?

if you start bitchin about it only being avail with an Auto I will give PC and Ovaltine along with Tommy a fake invitation to a Tractor Pull party at your place :hysterical:

Well, I can pray for a manual. If not, I still won't be buying one. :shrug: But at least a lot of other people might.

Edited by NickF1011