MKS will debut in LA, on sale by Summer

igor

Re: the 20-pounder from hell —

I take it yours is a good hunter?

There appears to be a thumbnail in this post. It isn't mine, and I can't seem to find it to kill it.

rats lizards and little old ladies on walkers...and anyone that throws the neighbours Camry an admiring look.........I dye him blue........

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

funny that I got this today.........2. If you have a cat, you are a Flaaaaming homo. A cat is like a dog,but

gay -- it grooms itself constantly but never scratches itself, has a

delicate touch except when it uses its nails, and whines to be fed. And

just think about how you call a dog... "Killer, come here! I said get your

ass over here, Killer!" Now think about how you call a cat..."Bun-bun, come

to daddy, snookums!" Jeeezus, you're fit to be framed, you're so gay. What was the subject of this thread...HAHAHAHA....Richard screwed me up....LOL!

Edited by Deanh

Apparently, whoever wrote this has never seen a dog groom itself, or a cat scratch its ears.

Whoever they are, they don't own cats. Calling a cat! There's an exercise in futility.

You know how you call a cat? Rattle its supper dish, open a can of cat food, or shake the food bag.

No other animal will so thoroughly repay its treatment in kind than a cat.

Cats may come to you for food and shelter, but they will never acknowledge your superiority.

Edited by RichardJensen

MKS: Looks good and look forward to seeing it. It won't have the D30 PIP and after looking at the spy pics the data info center looks like another version of the dreaded 'brick' used to describe the current Fusion center stack for example.

Anything else I can tie in?

How the heck is it hard to calibrate for emissions? Just give it the same darn gearing as the automatics and the emissions would be identical.

Obviously you have never actually observed EPA emission testing being done ! The real time results show a huge spike every time you take your foot off the gas to shift.

My 200 Contour 2.5L, 5 speed would had a HUGE dashpot, that would actually cause RPM flair between shifts.

I'm not saying it can't be done. I am saying that given how few emission calibration engineers are left, Ford is not going to waste them, the thousands of miles of driving and the dozens of dyno test that it takes to certify a vehicle when the projected sales don't warrant it !

Sounds great to me. Is the Transmission the Ford/GM 6A in the Edge/MKX or the Aisin unit in the MKZ?

Most likely the 6A.

The 6A will eventually be the only transmission used in C/D cars (at least in NA) replacing all Aisins which ar more expensive.

Looks like I'm wrong ! :doh:

Buried in Volvo C30 Efficiency Achieves Hybrid-Like Performance, it says

Volvo also says it will offer the Powershift gearbox, developed by Getrag GmbH, in the upcoming ’08 Volvo C30, S40, and V50. The 6-speed, dual-clutch, automated-manual transmission,
also to be employed by parent Ford Motor Co. in the all-new ’09 Lincoln MKS sedan

:party2:

Whoever they are, they don't own cats. Calling a cat! There's an exercise in futility.

You know how you call a cat? Rattle its supper dish, open a can of cat food, or shake the food bag.

No other animal will so thoroughly repay its treatment in kind than a cat.

Cats may come to you for food and shelter, but they will never acknowledge your superiority.

I have 3 cats and two of the three come when their names are called, but getting a treat or feeding them is a surefire way to get them to come to you. The oldest cat is a pain in the butt sometimes, he walks all over you in the morning so he can get fed...

I even have a 25lb Pug thats stupid as a doorknob, but he's a great companion and does everything that I expect out of a dog, want to be in your lap all the time and clean up after any food you might drop on the floor :P

My 140lb Mastiff will eat every one of your cats and thus end this stupid discussion.

This is what you'd have if you had a 140 lb house cat:

cougar6.jpg

Anyway, as has been mentioned a few times, the GM/Ford JV transmission can't handle over 300lb ft of torque, so it's nice to see Ford putting a homegrown solution into the MKS instead of buying a 6 speed from Aisin (or wherever) that works.

My 140lb Mastiff will eat every one of your cats and thus end this stupid discussion.

There is a video on YouTube of a domestic house cat put some serious hurt on a black bear and other animals...never under estimate a cat...

Anyways, with that being said, I like cats for what they are and I like dogs for what they are...one isn't better then the other, but I often get this feeling that people buy big dogs because they are like penis extensions to them

Most likely the 6A.

The 6A will eventually be the only transmission used in C/D cars (at least in NA) replacing all Aisins which ar more expensive.

Looks like I'm wrong ! :doh:

Buried in Volvo C30 Efficiency Achieves Hybrid-Like Performance, it says

Volvo also says it will offer the Powershift gearbox, developed by Getrag GmbH, in the upcoming ’08 Volvo C30, S40, and V50. The 6-speed, dual-clutch, automated-manual transmission,
also to be employed by parent Ford Motor Co. in the all-new ’09 Lincoln MKS sedan

:party2:

A post that's on topic...isn't that against the rules?

Seriously though, that is great news. A "6-speed, dual-clutch, automated-manual transmission" mated to the D37 should make the MKS pretty sporty. I hope it makes its way into the MKZ & MKX as well.

This is what you'd have if you had a 140 lb house cat:

cougar6.jpg

Anyway, as has been mentioned a few times, the GM/Ford JV transmission can't handle over 300lb ft of torque, so it's nice to see Ford putting a homegrown solution into the MKS instead of buying a 6 speed from Aisin (or wherever) that works.

Nice looking Cougar. For the big dog owner. A male Cougar can put a 100 pound German Shepherd in its mouth and carry it in such a way that the big dogs legs won't touch the ground as it leaves to eat it. This has been video taped. Btw, Cougars have been spotted in Michigan and many believe they live here in small numbers. If you are a jogger and one is stalking you, stop running, raise your hands up into air, and yell as loud as you can at it. If you run away, you are dead and eaten. Not far away from where I live, a big Cougar was spotted a few years ago, and within weeks of more than one sighting, most of the wildlife in area like racoons, cats, and big and small outdoor domestic dogs pretty much vanished. Cougar seemed to move on after he had his fill.

Now to keep this car related, sure would be nice for Ford to bring the big cat back. Loved those commericals with the Cougar growl. The Cougar is right up there with the Eagle as great representative of North America and its beauty, courage, and danger.

Now to keep this car related, sure would be nice for Ford to bring the big cat back. Loved those commericals with the Cougar growl. The Cougar is right up there with the Eagle as great representative of North America and its beauty, courage, and danger.

Just FYI, Cougars live in S. America, too (AKA Puma).

Yeah, the old Mercury commercials were great, but I don't think Farrah would look quite the same. :D

You can bring up the LS -NOW- because it's gone and Ford didn't spend a dime on it and you can howl over its carcass and weep and mourn and lament what was, but the reality is the LS was poorly fitted out on the inside, generally unreliable, and underpowered. Other than that it was f-a-n-t-a-s-t-i-c.

Unreliable was what Consumer Reports called it.

I want to know what TrueDelta has to say though.

The car does look good in the photos from the Batman movie filming location. Thankfully, it is not a copy of anything else, since many other new cars look very similar. I am glad to see that they kept the large trunk of the Taurus/Sable, instead of following the trend towards tiny trunks on large cars. No only is the large trunk very useful, it enhances the proportions of the car. I think I would prefer that the trim around the fog lights and the lower grille to be body color, but I'll have to see the actual car at the LA Auto Show to decide.

The talk of the DI 3.7, the automated manual transmission, the TwinForce, and superior fuel economy all suggest that Ford will have a product which stands out from the competition. The Lincoln dealerships are already highly rated for service, so let's hope that the advertising is as good as the car.

Cats are good for one thing. Target practice.
I hope you don't try to teach such foolishness to any children you contact. Also, what on Earth does such nonsense have to do with the new MKS?

• 3 weeks later...
As far as I'm aware, the MKS will be offered in an AWD-only configuration with a RWD bias, much like they did with the Jaguar X-Type sold here. So enough with the "FWD Platform" blathering.

And we all know what a resounding success the AWD luxury car derived from FWD Ford underpinning was - so resounding, it may yet put Jag out of business...