Lincoln introduces MK Z

robertlane

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lincoln introduces MkZ, entry level (LUXURY) sedan...

Hello, haven't we met somewhere already? :lol:

Kewl, yearly model changes

and it's nice to have the Awd confirmed

and even nicer to have something to prove that Introduce&Abandon is over

Foul--- It's not fair.

Illegal passing--- for the added power of the 3.5

False start---for naming it Zephyr in the first place.

Off-sides ---for the much needed AWD.

I'm not sure but Lincoln just might have a formula after all with this new Team.

Damn! They wheren't kidding about when they said they where going to keep doing improvements to CD3 Trio..didnt know that included name changes too!

Anyways..didnt something like this happen to the restyled Contential back in the late 90's? They had one body style for a year then it was replaced by something totally new and thankfully better looking?

Unfortunately it looks like all they did back there was change the badge.

More photos on Autoblog

Some of those postings on Autoblog were flat out ignorant (in the comments section), but then again that's par for the course.

Anyhow.....

The front end of that car looks alot more cohesive, funny what chrome trim does when used sparingly. The best thing of course, is the useage of the Duratec 35 with AWD, it will be in very rare territory especially if Ford keeps the price down. As is the: Audi A4 3.2 Quattro, MB C350 4Matic, BMW 330xi, all start north of the $36K watermark, and the only price competitive vehicle in that segment would be the G35x (more powerfull, down a cog, and marred by a chintzy interior).

If Zephyr sales are doing this well now, I can only imagine what they will be like down the road. That being the case, I say bring on the mkS, if it's priced right and the refinement is there, I'm sure it will follow in the footsteps of the Zephyr. If cars like the Lucerne make it to production, I don't see why the mkS can't.

I kinda expected this when they said they were going to a new naming system. I think they came up with the alphnumeric idea after the name Zephyr had been set in stone.

Admittedly though, if this had been another carmaker doing this, you guys would be all over them. :lol: