First uncovered shots of the 2009 Lincoln MKS!

DetroitWonk

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank God.

Interesting points:

-Fender vent is indeed gone... perhaps a TwinForce-only appearance package?

-Concept wheels MADE PRODUCTION

-They sure didn't hold anything back in terms of slathering it with chrome

-Anyone else see where they spotted this car? Might this be a featured car in the new Batman movie?

This is the first real Lincoln in a long time, with the 1998 Town Car seeming to be the last vehicle they really put any effort into. I like what I see so far... I'm looking forward to official photos and mechanical information. Compared to the new CTS, this Lincoln gives up absolutely nothing exterior-wise.

Thank God.

Interesting points:

-Fender vent is indeed gone... perhaps a TwinForce-only appearance package?

-Concept wheels MADE PRODUCTION

-They sure didn't hold anything back in terms of slathering it with chrome

-Anyone else see where they spotted this car? Might this be a featured car in the new Batman movie?

This is the first real Lincoln in a long time, with the 1998 Town Car seeming to be the last vehicle they really put any effort into. I like what I see so far... I'm looking forward to official photos and mechanical information. Compared to the new CTS, this Lincoln gives up absolutely nothing exterior-wise.

The TF will have functional vents. The hair dryers make a bunch of heat.

Took awhile for the Wonk to find it

I'm actually very impressed from what I can see. I think it actually looks better than the concept, particularly on the nose. That new Lincoln grille design looks great and should be relatively easy to adapt to the rest of the lineup (I REALLY hope they ditch the egg-crate crapola on their SUVs and get the vertical bars back on there somehow). I really like the back end also with the vertical reverse lamp element. I'm sort of sad to see the side vent go. While I think they are becoming overkill on cars these days, I really liked the way Lincoln did it with the badge incorporated...I see the badge is still there though...I'm not sure if I like it by itself without the vent behind it.

I'll withhold final judgement until I see some clearer pics without so much sun glare going on.

Took awhile for the Wonk to find it

I guess you mean the media...I know when Ford does anything movie related with upcoming products, its not made a big deal out of...like the CTS with the Matrix movies...I didn't even know that Ford was doing ANYTHING with the new Batman movie...

I wonder if this is Bruce Wanye's new ride...besides this:

tdk012nd7hl5.jpg

Pleasantly surprised. The concept car looked kind of boring to me. This looks great. I really like the proportions and the aggressive nose. This car looks like it belongs in the move. Looks very classy yet mysterious. Perfect for Bruce Wayne (not sure if that is who is driving it though).

Not sure how it will fit into the scheme of things or really what luxury sedan will be its primary competition, but it looks really good from what I can tell. I'd still rather see a MKR as the Lincoln flagship, but this is a gracefully styled automobile in its own right. Good job, Lincoln.

I think that's just it, there is no real direct competition for this car. It's a large luxury sedan for midsize luxury sedan prices, so it could appeal to a broad range of buyers, only time will tell though. I think it'll be a great seller for Lincoln. They did a good job w/ this vehicle.

I'm actually very impressed from what I can see. I think it actually looks better than the concept, particularly on the nose. That new Lincoln grille design looks great and should be relatively easy to adapt to the rest of the lineup (I REALLY hope they ditch the egg-crate crapola on their SUVs and get the vertical bars back on there somehow). I really like the back end also with the vertical reverse lamp element. I'm sort of sad to see the side vent go. While I think they are becoming overkill on cars these days, I really liked the way Lincoln did it with the badge incorporated...I see the badge is still there though...I'm not sure if I like it by itself without the vent behind it.

I'll withhold final judgement until I see some clearer pics without so much sun glare going on.

I agree w/ you about the vent. I think it looks odd w/out it, but that could be b/c we are just used to seeing the vent there from the concept. As somebody said though, the vents will be on the TF model.

I like the front quite a bit, although the rear I'm mixed on...it's not bad, but doesn't have a family resemblence to other Lincolns. And thats mainly my styling beef with Lincoln...there's really nothing familiar with one another. The SUV's get Egg-crate grills, while the cars get Waterfall...now in the MKS it's divided waterfall. And the Town Car, and Mark LT..well why even bother if both will be shut down soon. But again, the styling of Lincoln is all over the place... I was hoping for horizontal tail light design, but this is obviously cheaper to produce.

Last time was around 2000. The LS, Conti, Town Car, Navi all had similar matching chrome grills and were sort of cresent moon onto the front bumper, same with the rear decklids (hatch for Navi) into the rear bumper (cept Conti). The license plate surrounds were also similar in design and chromed. You also had chrome rub-strip trim around the bumper, and thru the sides (except Navi), and on the lower window weatherstrip for all.

If I remember correctly...

Last time was around 2000. The LS, Conti, Town Car, Navi all had similar matching chrome grills and were sort of cresent moon onto the front bumper, same with the rear decklids (hatch for Navi) into the rear bumper (cept Conti). The license plate surrounds were also similar in design and chromed. You also had chrome rub-strip trim around the bumper, and thru the sides (except Navi), and on the lower window weatherstrip for all.

If I remember correctly...

Even then they weren't all the same. The Conti and Town Car grilles were fully chromed while the Navigator and LS only had the chrome brow with the rest of the grille blacked out.