TOYOTA Quality?????

Footballfan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a 2000 Toyota Blundra back in 1999 when the Blundra was supposed to be sending the domestics running to the hills, did it strand me two times or three...I lost count....

that's what he said, its not in his list, so i asked why not.

No, I owned a 1997 Toyota T-100, Toyota's first attempt in the U.S. market at a full size truck. Phenomenal 2.7 4cyl and auto tranny, ate brake pads for lunch and rode like hammered a$$. I logged over 270K miles on mine before I just got scared of it (nothing ever really broke except the A/C) and decided it was time to jump ship before something did. I bought it from my employer then at 230K miles.

The 2000 Blundra I used for two years was a company truck, a regular cab with a horrid V6, body was an overall improvement, same brake pad replacement required every oil change. It like munching on spark plugs every six months, shooting them out of the head, thus totally stranding me on the side of the road. When we asked Toyota corporate about all of the problems, the response was, " Our trucks are made for commercial use". :hysterical:

My '00 Focus averaged almost 39 MPG from New Jersey to Michigan. :stirpot:

Na na.

MY '98 NEON R/T modified only with a MORAR cold air intake got 40 MPG from Wisconsin to NE Pensilvainia. Hey old Honda CRXs used to get over 40 MPG in the 80s! The Camry is just HUGE comparied to the cars we are talking about. Size matters!

Edited by Tico

MY '98 NEON R/T modified only with a MORAR cold air intake got 40 MPG from Wisconsin to NE Pensilvainia. Hey old Honda CRXs used to get over 40 MPG in the 80s! The Camry is just HUGE comparied to the cars we are talking about. Size matters!

You must be a chick, My Fusion is also a mid-sized car comparable to the Camry. A GEO metro also gets 40 MPG but I would not drive any of the sub-compacts mentioned!

My brothers 04 camry 4 banger gets 28 city and 34 hwy wasjust with him on a 500 mi. trip it is pretty gutless but it sure will get the mileage!!

Yes. But mind that I'm getting 29 mpg city and 36 hwy in real-world conditions in my Fusion.

The 22mpg comes from government testing.

Ouch...22 MPG out of a 4 banger?

If anyone is getting that, it definitely needs to be worked on. My roommate got 35mpg over a full tank on a highway trip (90mph and with A/C running full blast, but otherwise optimal conditions: perfectly flat, constant speed, warm temps - a trip down the Central Valley in California).

I'm very eager to see the future Fusion, though... if that turbo I4 Igor was talking about really gets 40mpg highway, that will be awesome!

Edited by Noah Harbinger

The 4 cyl in the fusion should do over 30 highway, my Mark VIII gets 28.7 on the highway if I stay off the gas!

I don't even see how that's remotely possible. My Cobra, back when it was stock even, could never manage better than 22-23 mpg no matter how I drove it....it typically got around 19-20. Now? 15-16!! :hysterical:

Damn so IT'S YOU!! You're the one who drives at the left lane and goes 70KM/H...

Never, actually the F-150 is at home at about 110 km/h, and thats the speed I drive all my vehicles. The only one it really seems to make a big impact on in the way of miles is the Intrepid....and oh yes, we can't forget the beautiful, stripper, white with gray bumper no cruise control Neon.

Whenever I can get deals, I rent 4 cylinder Camys and Accords for my monthly trips from Central Florida to NC mountains and back. I admit to only going the speed limit, and using cruise control all i can, and it's only me with one suitcase in vehicle. I usally get 34-36 MPG from these vehicles for these ideal trip driving conditions.

Why wouldn't the 4 cylinder Fusion and Milan do the same? I'm going to rent one if I get the chance.

Edited by Ralph Greene

I don't even see how that's remotely possible. My Cobra, back when it was stock even, could never manage better than 22-23 mpg no matter how I drove it....it typically got around 19-20. Now? 15-16!! :hysterical:

I even have 3.73's in the rear instead of the stock 3.27's. On many trips I average better than 30mpg. But it's not worth having the Mark if your not going to drive it like a madman!