Flex will make Homer happy!

928s4

Heck, if the Flex ends up with a TF 3.5 under its hood at some point, I'd take a closer look. I have no need for the people-hauling capabilities, but with the seats folded down, it looks like it would make a great vehicle for some light furniture hauling and Home Depot trips. Looks like an awesome road trip car too. My folks have a place in Florida that I usually DRIVE to just because I absolutely hate the hassles of renting and their house is over an hour from the nearest airport. The Flex would probably make that drive a breeze.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He might be a troll, but in this case he happens to be right. That damned Flex is ugly as hell. Ford should paint them all white, glue a giant handle to the roof an stick a Frigidare emblem on the hood.

Happily, lots of people disagree with your opinion, and Ford will disregard it as the waste of neurons that it is.

Happily, lots of people disagree with your opinion, and Ford will disregard it as the waste of neurons that it is.

How many people here hate Civics, Camrys, CR-V's? They manage to sell just fine. This forum is hardly the place where one can find the "everyman" opinion of ANY vehicle.

As many have tried to point out and nobody seems to be paying attention to is the fact that Ford doesn't CARE if this vehicle is a hit or not. It's not SUPPOSED to be a hit. If it is, then great. If not, Ford will likely be pulling a profit on it in volumes as low as 50,000 units a year. That's hardly a lot. From the start Ford said they weren't planning this vehicle to run away with the market. It was designed to be relatively low volume, so who cares if it doesn't appeal to everybody? THAT was the POINT when it was approved.

i dont know but i think ford has a home run here or at the very least a triple...............just my opinion......

I'm calling a bunt popped out to the catcher..... :poke:

Hey Richard, Peter Griffin is the man and will run Homer out of town in a few years :rip:

Ford doesn't have huge expectations for this...they are only looking at 50K Flex's and another 25K Lincoln models a year. I have this feeling that Ford might be under estimating the Flex production numbers, because that works out to roughly 4200 cars a month sold. But hey if they can sell that many without much in the way of discounts...I'm sure they'll make a handsome profit off them.

Anyways, the xB styling has change this year...and the Flex looks nothing like it except its a 2 box design.

If they had such low expectations, I wish ford would have built the Interceptor instead, I bet it could have easily sold more then 50k units a year if they offered it with both 6 and 8 cylinder engines. It seemed to have a positive reaction at the auto shows. I guess this will be another ford car I can only dream of.

Edited by navlys32

If they had such low expectations, I wish ford would have built the Interceptor instead, I bet it could have easily sold more then 50k units a year if they offered it with both 6 and 8 cylinder engines. It seemed to have a positive reaction at the auto shows. I guess this will be another ford car I can only dream of.

Build the Interceptor how? The concept's platform isn't viable for production on that vehicle and no other viable platform currently exists that would make production remotely close to break-even.

Simpsons hasn't been funny for a while (ok a long one), but Family Guy just sucks out right.

Family Guy kicks The Simpsons butt, it's MUCH edgier and significant...but indeed vulgar ;) I don't watch either, but The Family Guy takes the cake every time.

About the Flex, please wait for it to appear on the streets! I'm betting this will look pretty sharp next to the Caravans and Pilot's of the world.

Edited by BORG

The looks aren't too bad. I don't know how on Earth you're going to make a practical, comfortable 6-7 passenger utlity wagon look much better. For what it is, I think the Flex looks pretty good. It looks like the designers tried to give it a stately, conservative look. It's still on my short list! (I'll take one in dark blue with the white vista roof.)

BTW, here in America the Scion xB is supposed to be some kind of teenager car. Lotta 40+s are buying too.

And in Japan, I mostly saw moms shuttling kids around in those microvans.

Square boxy shape is for cargo & lotsa people. Swoopy svelt lines are for *less* practical uses.

That's just just the way the universe works.

d471_17.jpg

I don't think the Flex can be mistaken for conservative, it's modern design which purposefully rejects the convention approach to advancing design. It's very ornately decorated, but underneath it all I do like the fundamentals of the design which emphasizes strength, neatness, and precision. The Flex is pretty radical IMO, more so than cars like the Edge/MKX which are attractive but variations on an existing theme (RX350, Equinox, Murano et.al). Now go find me a Flex imitator!

Edited by BORG

The Flex looks good to me in the pics Ive seen and hey, id love to see it in person if its at the LA auto show. any news on that?

As far as the Simpsons and Family Guy... The Simpsons hands down. I love Family Guy too, but lets see, after the musical numbers, the fights with the chicken and the non sequiter cut aways, an average episode thats relevent to the plot is what? maybe 8 minutes?

Simpsons Treehouse of Horror pwns any Family Guy episode too. (sorry, had to be a nerd there for a sec.)

I don't think the Flex can be mistaken for conservative, it's modern design which purposefully rejects the convention approach to advancing design. It's very ornately decorated, but underneath it all I do like the fundamentals of the design which emphasizes strength, neatness, and precision. The Flex is pretty radical IMO, more so than cars like the Edge/MKX which are attractive but variations on an existing theme (RX350, Equinox, Murano et.al). Now go find me a Flex imitator!

When I said conservative, I guess I meant it like "classic," which for my age bracket (30's) means something that looks like it was inspired by the 50's styles..... which I correlate to conservative. And that means a good thing because I correlate that 50's inspired (without being a total retro-job) look with the fun, easy going American lifestyle that grew up on Disney Beach films and the Beach Boys. Aside from the cold-war & rascism that also happened back then, I correlate that modern style with just enough retro cues to be an evolution of an American 'good thing.' Back when American manufacturing might was most pronounced.

I think others my age will too, if even subcontiuously.

Young families like me need a vehicle that helps me make family time *fun time*. As opposed to the Hemi-300 Charger whatever thats all about "i'm a wannabe" in a cartoon car. Not much for the "all about family" crowd. The Flex just looks like a cute, grown up funwagen.

I also think the Flex has a capacity to become a classic in its own right.

I'll just have to wait and see it in the flesh.

Think it will make to the Sacramento Auto Show?

Oh, Simpsons hands down. The last movie may have been lukewarm, but at least they have a movie.

Build the Interceptor how? The concept's platform isn't viable for production on that vehicle and no other viable platform currently exists that would make production remotely close to break-even.

oh well, I did not know that. I thought it was possible to stretch the current mustang platform with relative ease into a 4 door vehicle.

oh well, I did not know that. I thought it was possible to stretch the current mustang platform with relative ease into a 4 door vehicle.

Apparently not. Another example of wasted opportunities and what happens when individual teams are allowed to do their own thing. The mustang platform should have been expandable to other vehicles. Now we have to wait for the new huntsman platform being co-engineered with the Aussies.

You guys disappoint me. Cartoons are for children. Adult cartoons are for children trapped in an adults body. It takes an IQ of about 73 to actually enjoy the Simpsons or Family Guy. lol

Thats not true. Most people have no idea what they're laughing at but they do anyway. They don't get the joke because they don't understand. The more knowledge you have, the more you enjoy Family Guy and The Simpsons.

Thats not true. Most people have no idea what they're laughing at but they do anyway. They don't get the joke because they don't understand. The more knowledge you have, the more you enjoy Family Guy and The Simpsons.

Hey I'm just raggin on you guys a little SUV. If you want to watch the Simpsons and Family Guy be my guest. It's a free country, at least it is south of the Canadian border, and maybe not for long if they vote that bitch Clinton into office. But anyway, yeah heck, if you get a kick out of those shows, go ahead guys. I personally don't like them but then I've never been a fan of comedy shows or movies in general. I think life is funny enough as it is.