Bullitt Mustang Revealed

wescoent

You guys are baiting me right?

You're baiting old blackhorse aren't you. You're throwing the chum in the water knowing full well the old shark will come around for the free meal and then you little bastards will go all Roy Schieder on me.

But I'm onto to you bitches, ummm mmmmm, no sir.

I'm on to you SUV!!! lol I'm swimming the fuck away.

Warmer waters.

Chicks in bikinnis.

hollar atcha.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let me do the math here $30 g's for the car, and $40 g's in mod's. holy sheep shit! thats 70 grand for a personalized mustang! i think i would rather spend $45 g's on a shelby any day of the week! good luck getting that 40 grand back. i put about 23 grand into my 88 lx and will never do something so stupid again! my 06 gt is fine stock, and if i want to upgrade i would consider a bullitt, or shelby, but this the last year for shelby.

You misunderstood my post... I spent $30K on the car and $10K on modifications. I now have about 40K in the car ( which is still a lot for a mustang ). However, it does have over 500hp and better handling, and I think it looks better...

now compare adding 40k to a GT500, if one actually can.......thats clinically INSANE, seek help mate....

Again, you did not understand my post. I only added about 10K to the car. My total cost was about 40K. Try to buy a Shelby Gt500 for that price. Of course, if you do mine will still out perform it...

Again, you did not understand my post. I only added about 10K to the car. My total cost was about 40K. Try to buy a Shelby Gt500 for that price. Of course, if you do mine will still out perform it...

I think most of us understand why you like your car, and I for sure understand. It sounds terrific.

But for some who think about when you sell, your GT will return you non of the cost of your mods, they may even hurt resale. So when your car is 3-4 years old, you're looking at a $15,000 car probably. A Bullitt, or Shelby GT will do a lot better than that, even if buying price is about same $40,000 as you have in your car.

BTW...with stock pistons and rods, making 500 RW, no matter how good the tune is.....if you run it hard much, save up for a rebuild ($). Been there.

I'm not knocking what you have done to your car. I've done the same before also.

With 87 octane tune, it will make 270-275 RW. If you wish to use 91 or 93, it would be simple to put in a 93 octane tune for 5-10 more RW HP.

The Shelby GT, with basically same engine air intake package and exhaust package, with 91 octane tune, makes about 280 RW on most dynos.

The Bullitt also comes with 3.73's for more leverage to it's TQ. So expect good performance for it's weight. Also new model Mustang has better F/R weight balance than pre 05 models. It will be a nice driving car.

Edited by Ralph Greene

I think most of us understand why you like your car, and I for sure understand. It sounds terrific.

But for some who think about when you sell, your GT will return you non of the cost of your mods, they may even hurt resale. So when your car is 3-4 years old, you're looking at a $15,000 car probably. A Bullitt, or Shelby GT will do a lot better than that, even if buying price is about same $40,000 as you have in your car.

BTW...with stock pistons and rods, making 500 RW, no matter how good the tune is.....if you run it hard much, save up for a rebuild ($). Been there.

I'm not knocking what you have done to your car. I've done the same before also.

I have a safe tune in it making about 425RWHP @ 8psi. The 500hp Number is an estimation as the crank. I also upgraded the Fuel pump to a GT 500 system. I found out that the fuel was running out of pressure right at 6000rpm with the stock pump. I honestly think that lack of fuel is causing engine failures in the 450RWHP Range. I also did not up the rev limiter. I think over reving the stock rods is a nother leading cause of engine failure in boosted cars.

I also have all of the original parts. I will probably put it back to stock and sell the Saleen SC if I ever decide to get rid of the car so I do not believe that I would hurt it's resale value and I will get some of the cost of the mods back....

I do think that the Shelbys will hold their value, but since most of them are selling above MSRP in the 60K Range, I still feel like I got a LOT more bang for the buck with my car....

With 87 octane tune, it will make 270-275 RW. If you wish to use 91 or 93, it would be simple to put in a 93 octane tune for 5-10 more RW HP.

The Shelby GT, with basically same engine air intake package and exhaust package, with 91 octane tune, makes about 280 RW on most dynos.

The Bullitt also comes with 3.73's for more leverage to it's TQ. So expect good performance for it's weight. Also new model Mustang has better F/R weight balance than pre 05 models. It will be a nice driving car.

Ford said that new Bullit will do 0-60 three-tenths of a second faster than stock Mustang GT. Since Car and Driver did best time of 4.9 and average seems to be about 5.4, this Bullit should average about 5.1 among all the testers and Car and Driver ought to be able to pull a 4.6 out of it. That is pretty damn quick for a $31,000 sport coupe.

For the knuckle dragging gearheads, I believe the Camaro (IRS/400+hp) will fill the "pony car performance spot" between the GT and GT500.

While I am an admitted gearhead that builds my own engines and prefer domestic V8's SBF in particular because they make easy power, sound great, and don't break. I do take offense to the knuckle dragging comment - let me ask you this; if you lived in Germany, what would be more thrilling, a 150 mph Mustang, or a 150 mph Evo or STI? I know what I would do...I am not sure why you would even make such a remark when Fords performance heritage has always been blue collar or why you are a Ford enthusiast exactly?

Yes I own 2 BMW's and have owned 3 others. When push comes to shove my heart beats to the thunder of American Muscle - American Heritage.

Edited by Project-Fairmont

While I am an admitted gearhead that builds my own engines and prefer domestic V8's SBF in particular because they make easy power, sound great, and don't break. I do take offence to the kncukle dragging comment - let me ask you this; if you lived in Germany, what would be more thrilling, a 150 mph Mustang, or a 150 mph Evo or STI? I know what I would do...I am not sure why you would even make such a remark when Fords performance heritage has always been blue collar?

Mustang would blow EVO and STI sales away in Germany.

Nah....Gimme a Pabst Blue ribbon tall neck

PBR SUCKS! ha ha. its cheap at punk shows, but i wont even drink it there.

As far as the Mustang, lets see.... no spoiler, no goofy horse in the grille, dark wheels and a small hp gain with gears. I like it overall. Id be interested to see what one will cost when it hits the lots, but I assure you that I wont be able to afford it. The subtle looks of the Bullitt was a big plus the first time around. Does this one have any unique body bits like the 01s? (rocker skirts, quarter glass etc..) It was the little details like that that helped to set it off a bit.

The CNN article stated that its the only Dark Highland Green Mustang of ths bodystyle made too. However, i saw one a few years ago at a car show wearing what looked like the same paint. Ill try and find a pic, and before im called out by it being an owner supplied paint job, it was here in SoCal with MI Manufacter Plates on it.

I do think that the Shelbys will hold their value, but since most of them are selling above MSRP in the 60K Range, I still feel like I got a LOT more bang for the buck with my car....

i think he was talking about the shelby gt, not the gt 500. since you are talking about the gt 500, there's a beautiful black coupe with white stripes at my local dealer for 46 grand. i would take a hand built svt supercharged 5.4 , than a stock cobbled supercharged 4.6 any day! not to mention the interior mods, suspension mods, wheels, and the front and rear valences on the gt 500. i think i would rather spend the extra 6 grand for a WAY better car than a cobbled together gt (not speaking of your car).

i think he was talking about the shelby gt, not the gt 500. since you are talking about the gt 500, there's a beautiful black coupe with white stripes at my local dealer for 46 grand. i would take a hand built svt supercharged 5.4 , than a stock cobbled supercharged 4.6 any day! not to mention the interior mods, suspension mods, wheels, and the front and rear valences on the gt 500. i think i would rather spend the extra 6 grand for a WAY better car than a cobbled together gt (not speaking of your car).

Well,

The Supercharger in the Shelby is a roots type and is not as efficient as the twin screw type in my car. I also have a larger intercooler which offers a few advantages. The potential for the twin screw is higher ( after forged internals are installed ). I have see a few Saleen SC equiped GT's with forged internals making well over 500rwhp. The last time I was at the track and guy ran 11.3 with his 12psi Sellen SC equiped GT. Also, the Shelby weighs nearly 400lb more than the GT. This is due primarly to the cast iron block in the shelby and the extra bracing. Even with the suspension mods it does not handle much better than a stock GT due to the extra weight over the axles. The Shelby still has a little under steer. All you really need to do to the GT suspension is swap the springs and replace the rubber bushings with poly. I made a stiffer aluminum panhard rods and they help to keep the rear from hopping around too much. A larger brake kit is good if you like carving corners as well. I want to do the brakes, but all I did was change the pads for now...

My GT has the Crimpson Red interior package, so the Shelby interior really does not look all that much better to me. I would prefer the Shelby guages as the retro guages are a little hard to read. The Stripes on my car a painted on, cleared over, wet sanded and buffed. I think they look a lot better than the ones on the Shelby.

Also, I built my car in January of 2005 ( nearly two years before the Shelby was really avaliable ) So two year of enjoyment is als worth somthing. Quite frankly, I would have considered a Shelby GT500 if one had been avaliable at the time and if it have been in the mid to upper 40's. I think it is a great car and will be one of the few new 2005+ likely to appreciate. I even though about trading my car for one. The best price I have recieved for a shelby here in the Atlanta area is 15K over MSRP. I contacted several dealers and that was the best I was offered. Also my dealer let me drive one and it did not preform as well as my car with it's current modification. If you found one for $46K I would say that the dealer markup must have come down recently...

My car is certianly not perfect, but I do not know of any car you could buy for 40K that can match the look and performance...

hahahaha tell that to the guy i whipped on woodward ave. in a evo!

Just because he doesn't know how to drive his car doesn't mean it is not fast.

FWIW, according to the Top Gear power lap times, the Evo VIII achieved a 1:28.9 on their track. The Shelby GT(almost)500 did the same track with the same driver at 1:30.0. And the WRX STI was only .1 of a second slower than the Mustang.

Edited by P71_CrownVic

While I am an admitted gearhead that builds my own engines and prefer domestic V8's SBF in particular because they make easy power, sound great, and don't break. I do take offense to the knuckle dragging comment - let me ask you this; if you lived in Germany, what would be more thrilling, a 150 mph Mustang, or a 150 mph Evo or STI? I know what I would do...I am not sure why you would even make such a remark when Fords performance heritage has always been blue collar or why you are a Ford enthusiast exactly?

Yes I own 2 BMW's and have owned 3 others. When push comes to shove my heart beats to the thunder of American Muscle - American Heritage.

What are your rambling about? When I said knuckle draggers, I was referring to ALL gear heads that like going fast no matter what they drive. I don't consider it an insult just a deviation from the Prius crowd that would rather sit around talking about gas mileage.

Well,

The Supercharger in the Shelby is a roots type and is not as efficient as the twin screw type in my car. I also have a larger intercooler which offers a few advantages. The potential for the twin screw is higher ( after forged internals are installed ). I have see a few Saleen SC equiped GT's with forged internals making well over 500rwhp. The last time I was at the track and guy ran 11.3 with his 12psi Sellen SC equiped GT. Also, the Shelby weighs nearly 400lb more than the GT. This is due primarly to the cast iron block in the shelby and the extra bracing. Even with the suspension mods it does not handle much better than a stock GT due to the extra weight over the axles. The Shelby still has a little under steer. All you really need to do to the GT suspension is swap the springs and replace the rubber bushings with poly. I made a stiffer aluminum panhard rods and they help to keep the rear from hopping around too much. A larger brake kit is good if you like carving corners as well. I want to do the brakes, but all I did was change the pads for now...

My GT has the Crimpson Red interior package, so the Shelby interior really does not look all that much better to me. I would prefer the Shelby guages as the retro guages are a little hard to read. The Stripes on my car a painted on, cleared over, wet sanded and buffed. I think they look a lot better than the ones on the Shelby.

Also, I built my car in January of 2005 ( nearly two years before the Shelby was really avaliable ) So two year of enjoyment is als worth somthing. Quite frankly, I would have considered a Shelby GT500 if one had been avaliable at the time and if it have been in the mid to upper 40's. I think it is a great car and will be one of the few new 2005+ likely to appreciate. I even though about trading my car for one. The best price I have recieved for a shelby here in the Atlanta area is 15K over MSRP. I contacted several dealers and that was the best I was offered. Also my dealer let me drive one and it did not preform as well as my car with it's current modification. If you found one for $46K I would say that the dealer markup must have come down recently...

My car is certianly not perfect, but I do not know of any car you could buy for 40K that can match the look and performance...

sounds like you have a nice car. what type of pads are you using? i thought about a big brake kit, but at 1300 bones, and probably have to replace the wheels it's not worth it to me, and since i paid extra for the 18" wheel upgrade. i think i will just try a better pad. i think you would like the side bolsters on the shelby seats. i like the cluster's red, white, and blue scheme and is much easier to read, not mention the shift light,and tone is pretty nice. we have a test track at auto alliance and i will admit that it does push a little bit but, it's a shelby! hahaha now!, can you imagine spending a few thousand on a shelby? i'm sure you can add a few more hp"s pretty cheaply.

Just because he doesn't know how to drive his car doesn't mean it is not fast.

FWIW, according to the Top Gear power lap times, the Evo VIII achieved a 1:28.9 on their track. The Shelby GT(almost)500 did the same track with the same driver at 1:30.0. And the WRX STI was only .1 of a second slower than the Mustang.

probably true, but it's not that hard to bang gears. my car is stock, and his definitly had some mod's. i dont race my car because i like to take real good care of it, but the idiot pushed me too far! lol i also understand that stang's are not road racing type of cars, unless you dump 100 grand into it, so those test's really don't tell me much! most evo and wrx drivers are wanting to race in straight away's anyway.

probably true, but it's not that hard to bang gears. my car is stock, and his definitly had some mod's. i dont race my car because i like to take real good care of it, but the idiot pushed me too far! lol i also understand that stang's are not road racing type of cars, unless you dump 100 grand into it, so those test's really don't tell me much! most evo and wrx drivers are wanting to race in straight away's anyway.

add to the fact that in the hands of an experienced driver AWD or 4WD makes a huge diff...check Audis racing credentials..........

sounds like you have a nice car. what type of pads are you using? i thought about a big brake kit, but at 1300 bones, and probably have to replace the wheels it's not worth it to me, and since i paid extra for the 18" wheel upgrade. i think i will just try a better pad. i think you would like the side bolsters on the shelby seats. i like the cluster's red, white, and blue scheme and is much easier to read, not mention the shift light,and tone is pretty nice. we have a test track at auto alliance and i will admit that it does push a little bit but, it's a shelby! hahaha now!, can you imagine spending a few thousand on a shelby? i'm sure you can add a few more hp"s pretty cheaply.

To be honest, I do not know what brand the pads are. I got them from a local speed shop. They were about $50.00 each. It is some kind of ceramic compound that does not have much dust. It really helped with brake fade, but I think it still needs SS lines as it will still get a little mushy after a few laps...

I am fairly sure that you can get 13-14" rotors in the 18" wheels. I have the Boyd Coddington Junk Yard Dogs and they have a deep reverse dish in them to clear 14" rotors and calipers...

I am not so sure about the side bolsters in teh seats... My 40 somthing extra wide rear end might not fit ;)...

The local speed shop did a pulley swap on a new shelby. It made almost 500rwhp! The problems is that you have to machine a little off the nose of the SC to get a much smaller pulley on it... It also caused the belt to slip a little too much.....

My car has the upgrade interior package so I do have light blue guages ( or any other color ) when the lights are on... ( A lot better than the old Ford Green... )

The Shelby is a sweet car and I love the way the hood looks...

If you want balls, wait for the new camaro or challenger, then wait 4 more years for Ford to catch up again.

We build supercharged custom Mustangs at our dealership and they are amazing, but I still brought in a Bullit to make the wannabe's feel special.

You can blow this car out of the water for the price by doing your own stuff, but to be honest 95% of the public wouldn't know the difference anyways.

They took the easy path, when others are going for the gusto.

Suprise anyone?

If you want balls, wait for the new camaro or challenger, then wait 4 more years for Ford to catch up again.

We build supercharged custom Mustangs at our dealership and they are amazing, but I still brought in a Bullit to make the wannabe's feel special.

You can blow this car out of the water for the price by doing your own stuff, but to be honest 95% of the public wouldn't know the difference anyways.

They took the easy path, when others are going for the gusto.

Suprise anyone?

and of course Ford know this and is just sitting still waiting for the Dodge and Chevy.....THEY are playing catchup, Ford is what..5 or 6 years ahead of the curve...will be interesting to be sure......