Bullitt Mustang Revealed

wescoent

Well Ford Racing offers and CAI, tune + Handling package for the GT that maintaines the Factory warrantee.

I still think you get very little for your money in this model...

Then you must have been really upset about the cost of the GT/CS model which had ZERO performance upgrades and a lot less content than you get with the Bullitt.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bullet is for those who don't need to make a scene with bling and twin skunk stripes.

I second that AMEN!

Another interesting possibility I've been considering is the Bullitt as a blank canvas. Buy a black Bullitt Mustang. Toss on some lowering springs (so it's really on the ground). Have your dealer bolt on a Ford Racing supercharger for an extra 5-6 grand or so. Finally, Gorilla-Glue on a small pony tri-bar offset in the grill (do they make a blacked-out one?). Pure sleeper, except for the ridiculous rumbling pipes and the scream of the supercharger when you dust a Corvette on the highway.

I can second that, its just too bad I hate manual transmissions, otherwise, I love this car.

Purists unite...long live Manual transmissions!....actually had someone asking for an Auto Shelby ( the limited Orange Silver California version...300 to be made only )....I sent him home to stand in the corner....HEATHEN!

I second that AMEN!

Another interesting possibility I've been considering is the Bullitt as a blank canvas. Buy a black Bullitt Mustang. Toss on some lowering springs (so it's really on the ground). Have your dealer bolt on a Ford Racing supercharger for an extra 5-6 grand or so. Finally, Gorilla-Glue on a small pony tri-bar offset in the grill (do they make a blacked-out one?). Pure sleeper, except for the ridiculous rumbling pipes and the scream of the supercharger when you dust a Corvette on the highway.

A BLACK Bullit...SACRALIDGE!

Edited by Deanh

A BLACK Bullit...SACRALIDGE!

i believe were going to make a silver one as well! the car is pretty sweet, i drove one two weeks ago and was pretty impressed. i love the exhaust note. i like the Shelby bolstered seats and Shelby steering wheel w/black stitching instead of the red stitching. the wheels are grey w/ grey calipers although i would prefer red. every strut brace will be uniquely numbered.

you stick with your fake hood scoops tacky overdone stripes, signature and 12k markup, me, i'll stick with stealth, factory and understatement....dont forget your Fosters can exhaust pipe.............

Uh? My car does not have a fake hood scoop? The stripes being over done? I think they are under cooked! I have no signature or any mark up on my purchase. And I have no Fosters can exhaust. Its normal pipe.

Then again, I do not have a Shelby GT.

Because they annoy me. To me, the fun of driving has very little to do with shifting gears.

You've got to be kidding me! The fun part of my '06 GT is the 5-speed, and the sound the car makes while rowing the gears!

i believe were going to make a silver one as well! the car is pretty sweet, i drove one two weeks ago and was pretty impressed. i love the exhaust note. i like the Shelby bolstered seats and Shelby steering wheel w/black stitching instead of the red stitching. the wheels are grey w/ grey calipers although i would prefer red. every strut brace will be uniquely numbered.

No, silver isn't an option. Only Highland Green or Black.

AND no re-coup on potential trade in down the road, AND less potential collectability..........AND, AND....anyone else?

Well,

If you are buying any mustang ( other than the new shelby) for resale value or collectability you are probably going to be very dissapointed. I seriously doubt that this "yawn" Bullitt will be worth all that much more than a nice GT 5-10 years from now....

Now I admit that you lose most of your money when you upgrade a Mustang, However you are also forgetting that, if you keep your original parts, you can always remove the upgrades before you sell the GT and sell them to someone else and get some of your money back without hurting the value of the GT.

Uh? My car does not have a fake hood scoop? The stripes being over done? I think they are under cooked! I have no signature or any mark up on my purchase. And I have no Fosters can exhaust. Its normal pipe.

Then again, I do not have a Shelby GT.

I like stealth...no bling shouting look at me Mr WRX, I've still got acne too.....Bullitt as far as I"m concerned is the best of the Editions barring the Mach with a WORKING shaker hood....

Well,

If you are buying any mustang ( other than the new shelby) for resale value or collectability you are probably going to be very dissapointed. I seriously doubt that this "yawn" Bullitt will be worth all that much more than a nice GT 5-10 years from now....

Now I admit that you lose most of your money when you upgrade a Mustang, However you are also forgetting that, if you keep your original parts, you can always remove the upgrades before you sell the GT and sell them to someone else and get some of your money back without hurting the value of the GT.

save the time AND effort...AND money, AND get better resale to Mustang afficados....lot easier selling a bullit to those in the know than one of several HUNDRED used gt's......

Well,

i think you are wrong with your assumption. the bullitt will be a limited production car. why spend all that time and money when you can get it from the factory with factory specs?

i think you are wrong with your assumption. the bullitt will be a limited production car. why spend all that time and money when you can get it from the factory with factory specs?

what does Emerril say?.....BAM! on the money my friend.........AND it is a LOT cheaper than getting the same equip added aftermarket......AND it is warrantied.....

Go buy the Ford parts from FRPP and have your performance shop put them on, and then check out your warranty.

I think you will find the warranty is for defects in the parts, and from damage caused by any defects, assuming they were installed properly. And assuming you got the flash tune correct, etc. Not quite the same as a standard factory warranty. Plus mods kill the value of a stock car. I should know, no one on this board has ever ever spent more than I have on mods to a Mustang.

Edited by Ralph Greene

1) I do not like the look of the bullitt. To me a stock GT looks better anyway...

2) It does not offer much bang for the buck in terms of performance. I will get more performance for the same initial cost with a modifed GT.

3) I Like to be difference and do not like to drive cars that look exactly like others on the road...

5) To me the very small difference in resale value v.s. higher initial cost is not very importaint over the life of owning the car. Given the specs I do not believe this Bullitt will be collectable...

6) I like to work on my cars.

7) When you modify a car, you get exactly what you want. You do not have to settle for what the factory see's fit to give you in a over priced package...

Look I am glad that Ford offers models like this to people who feel a need to have a "factory modifed" model that offers a tiny bit more performance. It is just not for me. I see very little value in owing a car that looks the part, but comes up short on performance...

My 2005 GT has a little over 500hp, Custom painted strips and custom tires and wheels, exhaust, etc... It probably cost me about $40K to build, but it is unique and I like that. It also does not hurt that it will out perform a stock Shelby GT500 at the track...

1) I do not like the look of the bullitt. To me a stock GT looks better anyway...

2) It does not offer much bang for the buck in terms of performance. I will get more performance for the same initial cost with a modifed GT.

3) I Like to be difference and do not like to drive cars that look exactly like others on the road...

5) To me the very small difference in resale value v.s. higher initial cost is not very importaint over the life of owning the car. Given the specs I do not believe this Bullitt will be collectable...

6) I like to work on my cars.

7) When you modify a car, you get exactly what you want. You do not have to settle for what the factory see's fit to give you in a over priced package...

Look I am glad that Ford offers models like this to people who feel a need to have a "factory modifed" model that offers a tiny bit more performance. It is just not for me. I see very little value in owing a car that looks the part, but comes up short on performance...

My 2005 GT has a little over 500hp, Custom painted strips and custom tires and wheels, exhaust, etc... It probably cost me about $40K to build, but it is unique and I like that. It also does not hurt that it will out perform a stock Shelby GT500 at the track...

let me do the math here $30 g's for the car, and $40 g's in mod's. holy sheep shit! thats 70 grand for a personalized mustang! i think i would rather spend $45 g's on a shelby any day of the week! good luck getting that 40 grand back. i put about 23 grand into my 88 lx and will never do something so stupid again! my 06 gt is fine stock, and if i want to upgrade i would consider a bullitt, or shelby, but this the last year for shelby.

Phwoarh!

Incidentally the big Ford dealer locally is holding a raffle to win a brand new Bullitt Mustang.

Please consider picking up some tickets ($25 each) at http://www.nativeseeds.org/v2/content.php?catID=1042

or http://acdl.com/howtohelp.html

Google "Jim Click Bullitt Mustang" to find more organizations to donate to. The goal is to raise $1 million for local non-profits -- good stuff.

Winner need not be present to get car.

Edited by Roadrunner

Go buy the Ford parts from FRPP and have your performance shop put them on, and then check out your warranty.

I think you will find the warranty is for defects in the parts, and from damage caused by any defects, assuming they were installed properly. And assuming you got the flash tune correct, etc. Not quite the same as a standard factory warranty. Plus mods kill the value of a stock car. I should know, no one on this board has ever ever spent more than I have on mods to a Mustang.

ok, and pay the 20-30% markup for the parts, $90 dollars an hour for labour......and STILL wonder if it is adjusted ( camber, toe, alignment ) to spec............I will venture to say to ad the performance parts AND suspension aftermarket would be 20% more at least.....