SECOND Verve Concept revealed in China

igor

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... the sedan looks wicked! I like it a lot.

It will be interesting to see how well that "Bass Mouth" grille translates or is accepted here. Personally, I'm not enamored with it but I don't quite dislike it either.

Look carefully at the Focus and Mondeo models shown though, and you can see how the "bass mouth" is toned down. So it does indeed seem to have a thematic precedent across the lineup.

And finally... it just feels weird to be reading about looking at Fords on a chinese site...

Holy shit thats a good looking car...wonder how well its gonna look watered down..

Styling B-sized cars are a bitch, but between these two concepts for the verve, Ford has totally nailed it

I guess Detroit is getting the 5 door hatch?

correct - also I think we can be more sure now - the new car will be called verve - not Fiesta.

Igor

It's a nice looking car.

But the more I see that face, the less necessary the slat around the Ford logo seems.

I'm wondering what will happen with the big mouth, as it moves upward through Ford's lineup....

Yeah. What would be cool is if they lowered it a little bit. The headlights have a subtle arrowhead look to them... if they pulled it off right, your eye would follow the flow in the sculpting, to the headlights which then "point" right to the blue oval... would be very sneaky subliminal.

The more I look at that car the more I love it. Just wow. There is nothing like this out there right now. It WILL blow the segment apart if they can release it looking like that.

I AM curious to see a profile shot though. If you pay attention, the greenhouse looks very symmetrical... I'd like to see how they get away with that in a dead-on side view.

Excellent, from the side the greenhouse isn't as symmetrical as what I extrapolated from the angled views (i.e. No FiveHundred-itis).

I do have one nitpick: those taillights are as tacky as a dime-store in Hollywood. They remind me of those piss-poor custom pinstriped taillight jobs that people do to old Nissan trucks and Chevy S-10s.

Fix those and I have but two words left to say:

BUILD IT.

NOW.

(OK that was three.)

Edited by goingincirclez

Is it just me? Why does the Chinese Ford lineup look so much more attractive to me? Mondeo? S-Max? And yes, this Verve looks pretty good. Even the Focus looks better. Remember that Chinese Buick somebody posted on here a while back? The interior was light-years ahead of the U.S. market version. WTFIUWT??

The Verve looks like it going to be another big hit for Ford, my only reservations are having in built in communist China, but if Ford can make a profit from it over there then l am all for it. Not really all that sure that a European buyer would warm to buying a Chinese made Verve, buying a car is a big price item not a $20 DVD player from Walmart. Hope Ford does a bit of market reseach first.

The Verve looks like it going to be another big hit for Ford, my only reservations are having in built in communist China, but if Ford can make a profit from it over there then l am all for it. Not really all that sure that a European buyer would warm to buying a Chinese made Verve, buying a car is a big price item not a $20 DVD player from Walmart. Hope Ford does a bit of market reseach first.

The European Verve/Fiesta will come from Europe, they build them there already. Remember the plant they recently bought in Romania?

Compared to it's competition, if this car stays the same as the concept and goes to America that is, it will smash everyone, Honka or not, if the interior is the same as the Hatch Verve, this thing will bring Ford back to competition with a vengence.

The European Verve/Fiesta will come from Europe, they build them there already. Remember the plant they recently bought in Romania?

Compared to it's competition, if this car stays the same as the concept and goes to America that is, it will smash everyone, Honka or not, if the interior is the same as the Hatch Verve, this thing will bring Ford back to competition with a vengence.

Ford are already doing alright in Europe but you are right Lincoln exciting cars like the Verve will take Ford to the top in Europe. Europe have very much put a brick wall up to stop Chinese car imports, Honda are the only importers of Chinese built cars in Europe and nobody is touching them apart from the Honda Jazz.

BMW are helping the Chinese a get foothold in the US they are just about launch this Shit.

http://brillianceauto.us/home/index.html

Once the Chinese get a foothold you can expect the worlds car industry move to China, very much like everything else, its very sad but you can see it coming, only the quality cars will build from their own country in the future.

It's a nice looking car.

But the more I see that face, the less necessary the slat around the Ford logo seems.

I'm wondering what will happen with the big mouth, as it moves upward through Ford's lineup....

At least it gives adequate room for a big intercooler......

Well, everybody seems to like the look. I guess it's a good thing I'm not a designer for ford then because I find it....ugly! The front is good, but at the A pillar the lines are all mish mashed. Converging from the windshield and front of the side glass and the lines on the hood and side...I dunno, to me it looks like a committe designed it. The crease down the side looks like the one on a honda civic or whatever one has that stupid tapered crease. The side view of the rear, GROSS! What's with the tiny rear tire with massive distance between it and the bottom of the side glass? It looks like there are 16's on the front and 13" tires on the rear?? The rear end looks ok.

Perhaps it looks better in person, but I don't find this car desirable in any way. And yet everybody on here is gushing about it.

Apperantly I don't get it.

just took another look....I think what I hate about the look is that it screams "front wheel drive". Like when you go to a dragstrip and those fart cans are there with slicks on the front. The front end is 10 ft wide and the back has these bicycle tires on it. I get the same impression from this, drivetrain in the front, a little bit of tin and shopping cart wheels out back to drag along. Maybe my bias against FWD is clouding my view?

Certainly hope the public's view is the same as yours and not mine.

I am suprised by the sleekness of the greenhouse. This little car looks great. It's somewhat like a mini-Mondeo and Iosis.

Now if Ford can just bring in some of that dynamic Iosis look to larger sedans...

Remember when Ford pulled out the Taurus look to restyle the Crown Vic? If Ford put the Iosis look on the Crown Vic it just might make people completely forget about the all new platform which dates back to 1979.