2009 Ford F-150 Uncovered!

DetroitWonk

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like what I am seeing - it is very sleek - but the angle does not do justice to the front headlamps that do have the Edge/Expedition esque kickdown ... you cannot truly see that from the angle and that can change the look of the nose.

I do like the grille however.

Igor

Very nice update. A little reserved, but it looks classy. I see shades of the 90-97 F-150 in the front end, and those were always my favorite. Nice to see how the bombastic Super Chief concept cues played down into "production".

Something about the '04 F-150 looked like it was trying too hard, when it didn't really have to. This one looks all business without pretense.

Something about the '04 F-150 looked like it was trying too hard, when it didn't really have to. This one looks all business without pretense.

That's because you're not seeing the 12" wide Ford logo on the grille...........

Actually, I have no idea how big the logo is going to be. Also, is it me, or does the crew cab look a lot longer than it has in the past?

I do like the grille because it has detailing. Most truck grilles do not.

That's because you're not seeing the 12" wide Ford logo on the grille...........

Actually, I have no idea how big the logo is going to be. Also, is it me, or does the crew cab look a lot longer than it has in the past?

I do like the grille because it has detailing. Most truck grilles do not.

The front doors are bigger. The rumor was the SuperCrew was going to be 6" longer. The front doors look like the 04-08 SuperCab front doors, which are about 6" longer then the old 04-08 SuperCrew front doors. Sounds like an easy fix to make a bigger cab. The SuperCab is supposed to be getting bigger too. I wonder what doors it will use?

Very nice update. A little reserved, but it looks classy. I see shades of the 90-97 F-150 in the front end, and those were always my favorite. Nice to see how the bombastic Super Chief concept cues played down into "production".

I agree. The F-150 is the best looking of all the pickup trucks and this update will keep that title. Add in 6 speed auto, and new engine choices and it stays at top of class in overall ratings. Hopefully fuel mileage will be competitive if not best in class. I'm hoping for best in class fuel mileage as this will be so important going forward. I personally don't care about 0-60 times in pickup wars. Good power with best in class fuel mileage would be perfect in new world. Whatever it takes...diesel, variable diplacement, management control, DO IT. I want to see 22-24mpg out of some F-150 models and 16-18mpg city. I hope Ford has team of engineers working on fuel mileage only. It is that important now. Every new Ford product must get significantly better fuel mileage than model it replaced. Weight reduction as Ford mentioned would be nice to. Whatever it takes.

Something is not right about the grille in the spy pics. It looks as if it is pieced together in photoshop with only two bars and the apparent area for the blue oval is seperated not centered. If you look at the camo pics, the grille has three bars.

Overall, the boxier look of the front end seems to be returning to a substantial classic 70's & 80's look in shape and form.

Edited by Watchdevil