2009 Dodge Ram

Anthony

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not meaning to be contrary, but I don't know...I kind of like it. Although, I'm not really into the two-tone paint and chrome on the Rams as much as the monochromatic Sport models. In 03, I'd walk right past the "chromey" Rams but were drawn to the Sport models with the billet-like grille inserts and the painted bumpers. At the same time, I like the chrome F-150s but don't like the FX Sport models. One thing I will say for certain, I most definitely like what I see with the Dodge over the latest Chevy and GMC styling...and throw in the Tundra in that, as well. From what I remember of the 2009 F-150, it looks a bit plain, although Ford usually does the "play it safe" exterior styling.

Based on what's out there now, throw in the vague recollection of the '09 Ford and I'd say I'd almost definitely choose the Ram based on exterior styling. As for the rest, I don't know. My own experience with the Ram I have now, would most likely push me definitely back into the Dodge dealership for a preview.

Edited by Traveler

I like how you instantly know what it is. Dodge continued the evolution of their truck and successfully linked the past to the present...something Ford and GM can't apparently do.

And I still think that Dodge makes the best looking trucks out there.

I will have to see more pics before I make my final decision on this new one however.

First posted at DodgeTalk and at Allpar (gotta give credit!)

Perhaps it'll look better in person, but I'm just not feeling it.

agree with you there man. I GUESS it might look better in pictures but this pic looks like ass. What is this? the new for 1998 Dodge Ram? The previous generation looked a ton better than this thing (and not to mention NEWER). dear god i hope its just a crappy half assed photoshop. If Ford came out with a design this bad and half assed many people here would be all over it and stomping it to death. The damn Dakota looks better than this!

Lets hope its a fake pic and its not the 10 year step back like this one makes it out to be. This is the crappiest design they have put out since the godawful dualliy bedside flares they put on the current model Rams. (they steal those things off of a car trailer or what? blech!)

Edited by Sixt9coug

If Ford came out with a design this bad and half assed many people here would be all over it and stomping it to death.

Ford could come out with the best looking pickup ever, and people here would still stomp it to death...

Anyways I kinda like it, I'd say that the current F-150 is best looking pickup with the RAM right behind it.

I'm going to guess they called up the present-day Charger for that front end and not a 79 MC.

Charger.jpg

Agreed. I think they "Charger-fied" the grill. Don't know if that's good or bad.

But ..... like so many other efforts by so many other companies ('65 Mustang, '55 T-Bird to name two) - the first re-styled Rams and Dakotas (what - 10 years or so ago now?) were, to me, the best and most pure expressions of their style. Everything since has been a slow devolution. As a matter of fact, I was thinking that very thought just yesterday while looking at a new Dakota next to me in traffic.

Ford could come out with the best looking pickup ever, and people here would still stomp it to death...

Anyways I kinda like it, I'd say that the current F-150 is best looking pickup with the RAM right behind it.

They would stomp it....then buy it b/c it's the best truck available.

I agree w/ you about the F-150 being the best looking pickup there is.

First posted at DodgeTalk and at Allpar (gotta give credit!)

Perhaps it'll look better in person, but I'm just not feeling it.

I like it, it's nice. It would look awesome in black.

I love how they contoured the Hood right into the grille. The whole front end is nice.

Edited by smok

There are three brand-new F-150 models right now that I really like:

- Harley Davidson

- Limited

- Cragar edition in black (my fav)

I'm not that big a fan of the current Dodge Ram front end. If I were where I could, I'd seriously consider grabbing one of those Cragar F-150s and doing a factory blower. So far, with nearly 70k miles, my Ram is still a good solid truck. If I were to believe what some said of the Dodges, I would have missed out on a good truck. The best overall truck on the market right now are the Fords. They best the Chevys, GMCs, Dodges, Nissans, and Toyotas, especially on the interior. For some reason, I think the interior of the Dodges have regressed from when I bought mine new. Still, I would definitely put Dodge near the top simply based on my own experiences. I think the Dodge trucks are (overall) the best looking trucks on the market, but the Ford looks dern good with the right model. I'm a Ford guy that happens to appreciate other makes occasionally and the Dodge has not disappointed me. You can bank on me looking at a Ford anytime I'm buying a new car or truck, but I'm not a brand-loyalists. I buy what I like and not for the badge.

Edited by Traveler