Tundras going at huge discounts.............

cnorman1974

Just noticed that Toyota is desperate to move those "trucks"...........

hear it advertised on radio and at the local dealer, that all Tundras have the choice of $5000 in a gas card or a discount........... :yahoo:

seems that Tundras are so slow to sell because everybody is wisening up to the facts about them, so bad that Toyota will give you a big discount, but at the same time, they are such pigs on gas that if you choose a gas card, the blow should be cushioned temporarily, and just that...temporarily.

On other Toyotas as well, depending on the model, that discount/gas card ranges anywhere from $1000 up to $5000.

That's how bad it is there at Toyota....................... :eek5:

that's crazy. I wonder when Tundra rebates will hit the $10,000 mark?

I wonder what a 2007 Tundra will be worth in two years. Residual values are going to be horrible which is unusual for Toyota. Slow, steady growth is best way to go and Toyota forgot all about that with the new Tundra. Buying sales will come back and bite you everytime.

ouch!!!! lol...

The dealer across the street has roughly 1.4 billion of them in stock. They have 40 or so lined up on the edge of the road. Are these 2007 models? We only have a handful of leftover 2007 F-150s. Most are the fugly long bed supercab ones. They have a ton of other 07's there too. The only thing we have with more then 3-8 or so 07's left(outside of commercial trucks) are the Edges as they are late-release. Ford reducing production has the vehicles running out just as the new ones show up, much better then hordes of vehicles you have to rebate to death of previous years. 2007 Fusion/Mustang/Focus/Freestyle/Expedition/500=0 in stock.

Used to be that you would have so many 03's on lots through the winter that the new 04's would sit around because the ginormous rebates on the 03's. Now you come here in November and someone says 'do you have any 07 Fusions?' - nope, all 08's since October - 'ok lets look at 08's then'....Seems to me too that all the new 08's have a signifigant option or two the 07's didn't(same with a lot of 06/07 changes) making them a little more desireable right off the bat. Its been kind of wierd selling new Fords with small rebates too, but it seems to be working ok. Now on TV its mostly Toyota that is screaming 0 PERCENT FINANCING! $10,000 OFF NEW TOYOTAS, EVERYTHING MUST GO! in the commercials. Considering they give everything away under invoice, even on 08's they gotta get a bit EXTREME to move 07's. Seems like Tundra has a case of 2003 Taurusitis. A lot of them may be wearing the 'E' club sticker on the back next year, like the Colorado.

Edited by kevinb120

I'd like to hear a story of how someone just goes in there to get the gas card. Buys the Toyota Tundra, takes it up north for a trip and beats the fuck out of it and then just rolls the fucking thing over getting blue book value for it and keeps the gas card! That's tempting in itself. I say FUCK 'EM!

Good Idea Pisteon.......

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

A $5000 gas card is pretty tempting - at $3/gal and 15mpg you'll get 25,000 miles of driving for "free."

With toyota being this aggressive I have a feeling they'll meet 200K for the year - kinda like the "new" Ford Taurus was the best selling car in 1996 when Ford dumped them into fleets like nobodys business. Then, in the 1997 model year, the Taurus started it's slow death march with declining sales. Where will the Tundra's sales go after Toyota pulls so many sales forward?

It will be interesting to see if Toyota is able dent Ford & GM's pickup sales this month. That'll give a good idea of how much traction the Tundra is gaining with truck buyers as a whole.

Scott

It will be interesting to see if Toyota is able dent Ford & GM's pickup sales this month. That'll give a good idea of how much traction the Tundra is gaining with truck buyers as a whole.

Scott

Unless those same people who've bought Tundras have already realized their mistake and gone and bought an American truck. I've seen quite a few new Tundras in used lots.

I just saw a local Toyota dealership commercial that advertised $9K off MSRP on new Tundras! :o

Off how big a sticker? I don't need a car payment, I already have one. But if they would make it so that I could drive for "free" it could get interesting. Trade in the old F-150, sell the old Bullitt, and get a new Tundra!!!!

Nah! Couldn't do it. I never be able to shave or comb my hair right, because I'd have to look at some dumb slob in the mirror every morning! :hysterical:

Off how big a sticker? I don't need a car payment, I already have one. But if they would make it so that I could drive for "free" it could get interesting. Trade in the old F-150, sell the old Bullitt, and get a new Tundra!!!!

Nah! Couldn't do it. I never be able to shave or comb my hair right, because I'd have to look at some dumb slob in the mirror every morning! :hysterical:

Did you know that if your 6 feet tall, your hair will sometimes touch the roof in a tundra, even with the seat all the way down.

I'd like to hear a story of how someone just goes in there to get the gas card. Buys the Toyota Tundra, takes it up north for a trip and beats the fuck out of it and then just rolls the fucking thing over getting blue book value for it and keeps the gas card! That's tempting in itself. I say FUCK 'EM!

Japan gets its money, so they're probably all for it.

I wonder what a 2007 Tundra will be worth in two years. Residual values are going to be horrible which is unusual for Toyota. Slow, steady growth is best way to go and Toyota forgot all about that with the new Tundra. Buying sales will come back and bite you everytime.

Speaking of resale values, my 2004 F150 is pretty lousy, about half of what it sold for even though it's only got 37,000 miles. Even a Ranger has better resale value considering it sold for less and are selling for the same price.

Speaking of resale values, my 2004 F150 is pretty lousy, about half of what it sold for even though it's only got 37,000 miles. Even a Ranger has better resale value considering it sold for less and are selling for the same price.

That is because of the number of them on the road, the 04' and newer have a totally boxed frame and are worth their salt. No other truck on the market right now can compare with Ford's current chasis, that is why it has the payload that it does! Buy the competition if you don't plan on using it as a Truck, but if you need payload and capability than common sense tells you what to drive! That is unless you buy into the Tundra "triple-tech" advertising! the F-150 is #1 for good reason, they build the best truck on the market.

P.S. I use to drive nothing but Chevrolet!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Their discounts are just showing that no one is falling for Toyotas propoganda........

My F150 can pound that Tundra anytime, anywhere.......

Test drove the Tundra here before I looked at the Ford.........a pig on gas and felt soft........... :hysterical:

the F150........ :happy feet: :happy feet:

Oh, and any Honda will make any Toyota look like shit too............ :happy feet: