MKF "Lincoln Flex" Spy pics

Bagrah01

Oh I thought it was the new Oldsmobile Bravada! :hysterical:

Anyway, it a damned test mule... An MK"F" front on a Taurus X... And the snow on the roof is giving it a humpback roof...

It's nothing for anyone to be concerned about. Obviously it's going to have some parts from the Flex with a totally different rear and likely some new bodyside sheetmetal as well to set it apart. Why wouldn't Lincoln make this as different as the MKS is different from the Taurus...

It's notable how cool concept passenger car front ends keep ending up on SUV's and crossovers. We ought to be just thankful the Mustang front end didn't get bastardized on the front of one...

Anyway, I expect this thread to turn ridiculous as usual....

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MKS

The Continental 61

The original Zephyr

The K-series

did you not lambast the MKS....something about FWD??????????????? The Zephyr for its interior?????????????........61, keep it recent...K-series i'm not familar with....but again sounds old and thus not relevent..........

did you not lambast the MKS....something about FWD??????????????? The Zephyr for its interior?????????????........61, keep it recent...K-series i'm not familar with....but again sounds old and thus not relevent..........

MKR*

The 30's Zephyr, not our bastard version which is something every Lincoln designer should be ashamed of.

A landyachet melted-down coupe?

A poser mobile?

A vehicle with a face a mother wouldn't dare to like?

Have you no shame? Have you seen it's face?

A coupe of second tier luxury carmaker.

A car that costs so much, for so little. No justification.

Look, we know it's not easy being you.

But, please stop with the epithets like "beggar".

The New Year doesn't need the extra challenge of trash-talk. Capice?

MKR*

The 30's Zephyr, not our bastard version which is something every Lincoln designer should be ashamed of.

got it backwards....MkS doesn't hold a Candle to the Mkr...shame one is actually real and the other isn't.....as for cars past tense, they are just that...cars will never be that simplistically graceful ever again....we have become FAT with wants /needs? and desires......play artist Milli Vanilli.....

got it backwards....MkS doesn't hold a Candle to the Mkr...shame one is actually real and the other isn't.....as for cars past tense, they are just that...cars will never be that simplistically graceful ever again....we have become FAT with wants /needs? and desires......play artist Milli Vanilli.....

That spells oppurtunity, Lincoln is not anyone else. What makes Lincoln distinictive right now? FWD? An almost all V6 lineup? Bland styling? Lack of high-tech gagdets?

When cheaper is the adjective that describes you, you know you are not making luxury or even upscale.

That spells oppurtunity, Lincoln is not anyone else. What makes Lincoln distinictive right now? FWD? An almost all V6 lineup? Bland styling? Lack of high-tech gagdets?

When cheaper is the adjective that describes you, you know you are not making luxury or even upscale.

Bland styling, lack of gadgets? This is something I strongly believe they have corrected. Ford brand has absolutely attrocious design, but Lincoln is doing pretty good. No GM, but solid! Lincoln still has a LONG way to go in terms of fit and finish, they are no where even close to the likes of Lexus or Cadillac (or even Honda for that matter). Part of the problem is all the badge engineering, quality design and reliability are completely different parts of the equation and Ford has very low quality design.

Edited by BORG

they may be ahead of the Curve ( spelt CAFE by some ) with their smaller more efficient but just as powerful powertrain thinkage, next up the primary modus apparatus should be weight....however high tech means $$$$, you venture from the tried and true into the land of exotic ( read strong and lighweight ) comes with a dollar penalty, but a sub 3000 lb 400 hp TT could give a LOT of exotics a run...but then we would whine about a $55k MSRP wouldn't we? The land of the automobile is a land of compromise....the MKS is the biggest step toward appreciation Lincoln has taken in DECADES....and yes I am one to lobby AGAINST too much hight tech....whilst i do appreciate some features, some I consider sheer opulance and TOTALLY un-necessary that just ADD to the costs of a transaction.....

To be fair to this design Lincoln is possibly aiming this more in Volvo territory than BMW territory. That said it does look hideous from the Spy Shot at least.

I actually feel sorry for LincolnFan. All he wants is for Ford to have a proper go at making what he would consider a proper Lincoln, and from his comments I'm guessing this ain't it. He's like a Jag fan who's just been told that the X type will be replaced! :)

The front is correct, the rear portion isn't correct....it might be a test mule just to test out the frontal section of it...as for the rear, it's NOT going to look that boxy, it's swoopier.

It is the MKFlex front grafted onto a Taurus X. Thats why only the front has camo on it. From the front doors back it is standard issue Taurus X.

Part of the problem is all the badge engineering, quality design and reliability are completely different parts of the equation and Ford has very low quality design.

Please stop being churlish. A lot of manufacturers of any sizeable production use platform-sharing. The badge-engineering champ is probably Honda/Acura.

As to the equation, please help us out by typing out the equation that quality design and reliability are completely different parts of.

It seems like the 3.8 manifold days are over, and that the new platforms have no major reliability problems with the design quality.

Ford has very low quality design, you say. Please specify these areas of low-quality. Otherwise, this is just a brain-fart.