09 Lincoln MKT In Detroit next week

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't I just read there is going to be a significant (one year or longer gap) between the Flex and the Lincoln version?

If that's true isn't it rather early to be showing the MKT?

Silvrsvt, I think it's been stated that the Fusion will NOT be at the show...rather turning up in NY in April. But I may just be making it all up too.

Scott

Didn't I just read there is going to be a significant (one year or longer gap) between the Flex and the Lincoln version?

If that's true isn't it rather early to be showing the MKT?

Well the Flex came out last Detroit auto show IIRC

I'd expect the MKT to be out in 2009 and the Flex out this summer

Actually the Flex debuted at NY last year, my guess is that the MKT could either be a very thinly disguised concept or the MKT is comming out only 6 months later than the Flex so it would still be reasonable to debut it now. Ford wants to cram down the media's throats that it is serious about Lincoln, showing the crossover just months after a new sedan, plus an updated MKZ later on could go a long way to quiet the skeptics.

MKT was not mentioned in the Ford preview for NAIAS - while it is possible it will be there - I Would not bet on it.

Fusion will not be at NAIAS - it will be revealed later in the year - but it will make the cut to be a 2009 model.

Igor

MKT was not mentioned in the Ford preview for NAIAS - while it is possible it will be there - I Would not bet on it.

Fusion will not be at NAIAS - it will be revealed later in the year - but it will make the cut to be a 2009 model.

Igor

Is Mazda showing the US version of the 6 at the show? If so that could be the reason Ford pulled the plug on the Fusion for NAIAS, don't want to compete with yourself in such a huge launch in the midsized segment, considering it beats you in the style department, and is on display 200ft away.

Is Mazda showing the US version of the 6 at the show? If so that could be the reason Ford pulled the plug on the Fusion for NAIAS, don't want to compete with yourself in such a huge launch in the midsized segment, considering it beats you in the style department, and is on display 200ft away.

Mazda presents their models separately - so I do not know.

Igor

Igor

This is OT, but igor, do you know what engines the 2009 Fusion will have at launch? I assume the updated four-cylinder but what about the six? PIP 30 or will Ford have the 3.5L ready to roll?

I've been thinking about the Fusion reveal and I think it will happen at Chicago. My reasoning is that they often show practical vehicles at CHI instead of flashy concept cars or Mustang or F-150 level launches (although the Fusion is extremely significant). NY, I guess will get a concept and maybe a special edition or Hybrid reveals for the CD3's. That way, Ford will get press twice for the 09 Fusion, once for the regular versions and once for the Hybird and/or special edition. Just my 2 cents.