Thread for arguing about the new F150

RichardJensen

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Intrepdatious. Just proof of what I was saying, well done. Of course MarkFive is not going to run from forum to forum around here and post the less than flattering view of the F150 like he did for the Dodge. Like I said boys, quit listening to the press and go see for yourself.

One disparaging review of the Dodge Ram interior and we suddenly have a pattern that requires your continual commentary? Does the Ram mean that much to you - then you are welcome to go appreciate it and to buy it. Do you want me to post things that I don't like about Ford here so that you feel that you have a "balance?"

I see lots of less than flattering reviews of Ford cars and believe me there are only a couple that are attacked on here. I also have my own opinions on some of what they produce and its not all glowing. However, I would rather praise what the company does right which occassionally includes defending it when I think the reviewer is wrong.

Edited by MarkFive

Right, and if this Truett guy dared to ever make a disparaging remark about a Ford product the two of you would be on here denouncing him as an idiot or just another typical automotive media jerkweed. My suggestion is when the truck hits the lots, go see it for yourself.

EXACTLY!

Ford F-150 : Dodge Ram

I know I can : I think I can

Very nice way to sum it up. The current 5.4 really isn't that bad. Problem is looking for the right gear at the right time. Like all modular motors it needs to rev. The 4 speed occasionally catches you in the wrong gear at the wrong time, and you go nowhere. All you do is make noise and waste gas. Escape owners can attest to this as well. The 06 is a fantastic truck, that only needs a bit more umph. I do like the design a lot and would buy one in a heartbeat. But with my situation being what it is, it looks as though I will be abandoning all my F-series all together. Alimony just doesn't allow for it. Had things been different, I still would not be getting a new one. The 06 would easily get me to 200K miles. I like to age my F-150s...like a fine wine.

And some of you are wrong. Besides being less powerful (which Ford has always been), the others have nothing on this truck. This has more features, luxury, looks (subjective) and doesn't look like it was released in 98 (ram).

exactly, this will be the most innovative truck on the market, ford has also upped the power in all the engins, diesel in 2010 and i ahve not heard about when the boss engin might be out. every panel on the truck has been touched, it was just supposed to be a front end and interior redesin and it turned out to be an almost total, the supercrew bad is larger along with the super cab, this is going to be a good thing for ford, just wait till all the specs come out.

exactly, this will be the most innovative truck on the market, ford has also upped the power in all the engins, diesel in 2010 and i ahve not heard about when the boss engin might be out. every panel on the truck has been touched, it was just supposed to be a front end and interior redesin and it turned out to be an almost total, the supercrew bad is larger along with the super cab, this is going to be a good thing for ford, just wait till all the specs come out.

They may have touched every panel, but they sure as hell didn't change every panel! Besides the fugly headlights, grill, and taillights, everything else looks exactly the same. Oh and the tailgate, forgot they put dents in it and a hemorrhoid with a Ford logo on it.. :banghead:

Ford needs that diesel ASAP, I'm worried GM might beat em to the punch though..

Edited by Blueblood

On the F-150 websites all the loyal F-150 owners are arguing over how fugly the new truck is, some even wondering if they can graft a 04-08 nose on it, and everybody hates the ricer taillights.

Now this is bad news for Ford if even their most loyal customers think they screwed up, what will the general public think? Many of them say they are sick of waiting for the new motors as well..

On the F-150 websites all the loyal F-150 owners are arguing over how fugly the new truck is, some even wondering if they can graft a 04-08 nose on it, and everybody hates the ricer taillights.

Now this is bad news for Ford if even their most loyal customers think they screwed up, what will the general public think? Many of them say they are sick of waiting for the new motors as well..

well i am on one of those websites and its about 4-8 of them that just keep posting on and on about how ugly they think it is......sort of like you

I was on a few other sites mostly ford but a chevy site too. The people at the chevy site seem to think that GM has something to worry about. A lot of people there say they like the new truck and that Ford did a great job...

And at the Ford sites most people seem to pretty much like it. There is a wider variety of opinion between liking and hating at Ford sites than at the Chevy site. lol But most of the people who dont like it keep reposting how they dont like it. So that doesnt count as a lot of people saying its ugly if the same ppl just post alot to make it look like thats what the majority thinks.

BTW who cares about the stupid taillights. Get OVER it.

That sorta blew ur theory out of the water didnt it?

Edited by ray101988

They may have touched every panel, but they sure as hell didn't change every panel! Besides the fugly headlights, grill, and taillights, everything else looks exactly the same. Oh and the tailgate, forgot they put dents in it and a hemorrhoid with a Ford logo on it.. :banghead:

The intent was to capture some of the feeling from the rear end of the Super Chief, i.e. the three horizontal lines tracking across the tailgate. The Super Chief concept taillights would never pass federal standards, so that is why you see a more traditional (albeit bold in both size and graphic shape) taillight. I hope this gives some insight into the design process.

Because we offer the tailgate step, we could not mount the camera in that area.

http://forums.focaljet.com/team-pit-stop/5...unvieled-2.html

Edited by silvrsvt

They may have touched every panel, but they sure as hell didn't change every panel! Besides the fugly headlights, grill, and taillights, everything else looks exactly the same.

GET YOUR EYES TESTED — PLEASE!

Because whether you think its "fugly" or not, all the panels are different, so if you say everything else looks exactly the same, you have a perception problem, either optically, in the eyes, or in the brain, where optical information is assimilated.

How's your 3-D perception? This ability varies dramatically between individuals, and can affect how you perceive shape and volume. It can be trained and improved; one tool I recommend is a simple 3-D game called BORX.

I agree 100%. The doors and bed sides are identical to the '04s. And thats a big chunk of the truck. Yes the fenders are different, but putting a crease at the top of them isn't exactly re-designing them...it is refreshing them.

But thats exactly what the F-150 got...a refresh.

I agree 100%. The doors and bed sides are identical to the '04s. And thats a big chunk of the truck. Yes the fenders are different, but putting a crease at the top of them isn't exactly re-designing them...it is refreshing them.

But thats exactly what the F-150 got...a refresh.

yep, cabs are 6 inches longer so the doors must be the same, thats logical, and the beds flares and scupturing are EXACTLY the same....they are both differnt P, but I will agree not different ENOUGH visually.....somone said this is just a refresh right?....that doesn't make sense either if they made as many changes as they did.....

but I will agree not different ENOUGH visually.....

Well, if to a trained eye, it looks extremely similar (side profile) to the 4 year old design, what do you think the untrained public will think? I shouldn't have to be out there with a ruler to measure the differences...I should be able to see them. I see subtle differences...but nothing that would lead me to believe this is anything more than a refresh.

Well, if to a trained eye, it looks extremely similar (side profile) to the 4 year old design, what do you think the untrained public will think? I shouldn't have to be out there with a ruler to measure the differences...I should be able to see them. I see subtle differences...but nothing that would lead me to believe this is anything more than a refresh.

I want to see them side by side for direct comparison...then i can give an honest opinion...Fords Photos NEVER seem to do justice....

I think that the new drivetrains and the new transmission along with all the other new features and technology put into this truck earns it more than the title of "just a refresh". With all the changes its obviously more than a refresh.

I think what the average truck buyer will see is an evolution in the design of the best truck on the market. Yeah, it looks very similar but is that a bad thing? I don't think so. It looks like a Ford truck. After all, if you change it too radically you run the risk of alienating more loyal Ford customers than you might gain in new customers. When you also factor in some of functional changes (tailgate step, bigger extended cab, etc), it's a very appealing package. Once the BOSS and diesel engines arrive, the last competitor advantage will disappear. Personally, I think the '09+ will be a success.

GET YOUR EYES TESTED — PLEASE!

My eyes are perfect, if you think that turd looks good then you have the eye trouble, dude.. Do you drool everytime some some 16 goes by in a civic with clear ricer taillights like they put on the F-150??? Probably not, so why are they ok to put on the F-150?

Because whether you think its "fugly" or not, all the panels are different, so if you say everything else looks exactly the same, you have a perception problem, either optically, in the eyes, or in the brain, where optical information is assimilated.

Nice, another who thinks their opinion is Gospel, how can we make this more clear??? BESIDES THE GRILL, HEADLIGHTS, AND TAILGATE/TAILLIGHTS IT LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME! The entire profile, the sides, the greenhouse are all carry-over, you'd have to be blind to not be able to see this.. They didn't change the sides, doors, or the greenhouse except for the little indents above the fender flares.

How's your 3-D perception? This ability varies dramatically between individuals, and can affect how you perceive shape and volume. It can be trained and improved; one tool I recommend is a simple 3-D game called BORX.

I have 20/13 vision, tested last year, even Ford says this is just a mid-cycle re-fresh, the problem people are having is that they made it look worse, not better, and they just tacked the latest styling cliche's, they didn't make it look cohesive and classy. And it seems most people across the internet agree that Ford really screwed up with it's styling, same thing they did to the Focus.