• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[bold]Venza will also offer an Automatic High Beam headlight system, another

Toyota first. When high beam headlights are in use sensors in the Automatic

High Beam system will detect oncoming traffic and automatically switch the

headlights to low-beam. When the Automatic High Beam sensors no longer

detect oncoming traffic the system will switch the headlights back to high-beam

mode.[/bold]

LOL, didn't Lincoln have that back in the sixties? I know my 87 Turbo Coupe did.

I don't find the nose very appealing. I still don't care for the Ford Tri-Bar all that much. But this is just plain ugly. Reminds me of a cheese grater.

On the interior, WTF were they thinking with the shifter? Looks like someone took a dagger, jabbed it into the center console and called it the Shifter! Where's King Arther to pull that sucker out...

Before we bought our 08 Edge last month, we also took a look at the Taurus X. "Meh", the wife said. "It's a station wagon". She saw a pic of this one and said exactly the same thing. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

Have you explained to her yet that the Edge you guys bought is also a station wagon?

How so?

I don't like the front end. Nothing like 'Biggie Sizing' the Camry grille.

The Edge is a station wagon. Just because the company calls it a crossover, it doesn't change that fact. (at least in my mind)

Anybody from Michigan care to tell us what it says on your Edge's registration? My Explorer is registered as a station wagon too. I'm not saying it like it's a bad thing, but it quacks just like a duck. ;)

The Edge is a station wagon. Just because the company calls it a crossover, it doesn't change that fact. (at least in my mind)

Anybody from Michigan care to tell us what it says on your Edge's registration? My Explorer is registered as a station wagon too. I'm not saying it like it's a bad thing, but it quacks just like a duck. ;)

I'm in NY and my wife's Santa Fe is registered is registered as a "Suburban". No ducks here.

Aside from the continued use of Toyota's questionably tasteful corporate grille, I was actually relatively impressed with it.

So was I. It is actually quite appealing.

See, that just proves to me that the three of us really are cut from a different cloth. That thing is down right ugly to the point of being offensive to me. If you gave me one for free I'd trade it the next day. Different strokes I guess.

Venza? Eh. In pictures it doesn't look quite right - like the front end and back end don't go together. Or like someone shot it with a wide angle lens like all those pictures of dog's noses on greeting cards. But there you go.

It's a Toyota, so, if it's priced between $25-35K they'll sell everyone they can make, probably something like 100K/year.

The Flex is far more interesting.

Scott

Other than the questionable interior center console design, think its quite hansome, however I also think the Highlander and Murano are absolutely stunning. On a side note, the Venza is based on the Toyota FT-SX concept that debuted at the 2005 Detroit Auto Show, pre-dating the Ford Edge. I hope Ford can withstand the one-two punch (Highlander and Venza) of Toyota, let a long pile on by Nissan and Honda. Sales for the Edge are already slipping and when is the Flex going to be available at dealerships?

post-25954-1200412896_thumb.jpg

post-25954-1200412908_thumb.jpg

post-25954-1200412919_thumb.jpg

post-25954-1200412931_thumb.jpg

post-25954-1200412943_thumb.jpg

post-25954-1200412954_thumb.jpg

My observations were not based on what Ford calls it, they are based on what I've come to expect from a traditional station wagon. If I'm not mistaken the Escape is classified as a wagon too.

Sales of the Edge are slipping? That's news, is there some sort of trend?

Edited by Michael Reynolds

My observations were not based on what Ford calls it, they are based on what I've come to expect from a traditional station wagon. If I'm not mistaken the Escape is classified as a wagon too.

They keep it simple here in Maryland. It's either a Motorcycle, Car, Light Truck, or Heavy Truck. Pretty much anything with a 2-box shape is considered a light truck by the state -- Edge, PT Cruiser, etc.

Other than the questionable interior center console design, think its quite hansome, however I also think the Highlander and Murano are absolutely stunning. On a side note, the Venza is based on the Toyota FT-SX concept that debuted at the 2005 Detroit Auto Show, pre-dating the Ford Edge. I hope Ford can withstand the one-two punch (Highlander and Venza) of Toyota, let a long pile on by Nissan and Honda. Sales for the Edge are already slipping and when is the Flex going to be available at dealerships?

The Murano is stunning all right! They screwed up a nice smooth design (I thought it was one of the nicest crossovers out there). The face only an orthodontist could love (including cotton in the cheeks).

If the Vensa is based on a 3 year old design that predates the Edge, when was the Edge show vehicle? What took them so long? The show car grill looked a LOT better. It's basically a Camry wagon underneath. I don't think the Edge is slipping at all. The 7 passenger Flex will be out soon, the Venza is 5 passenger (no third row).

post-19198-1200427886_thumb.jpg

Edited by timmm55

the Venza is 5 passenger (no third row).

That was the part that made me scratch my head when I first read about it. Where is this supposed to slot in Toyota's lineup? You can get three-row seating in the Rav4 now. Is this being marketed BELOW the Rav4? ABOVE it? If above it, what are its benefits compared to the Rav4? I like the design, but I question if it is necessary.

That was the part that made me scratch my head when I first read about it. Where is this supposed to slot in Toyota's lineup? You can get three-row seating in the Rav4 now. Is this being marketed BELOW the Rav4? ABOVE it? If above it, what are its benefits compared to the Rav4? I like the design, but I question if it is necessary.

I think its direct Edge competition.