I'm Liking the Verve

J-150

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Count me in for liking the Verve. My wife saw one in the paper and thought it was really nice too. I will agree it will look much different in person (ie. smaller) because my wife thought it was the same size as an Accord. After I told her it was more along the lines of a Scion, she still liked it (and she HATES small cars).

exactly.

compare the look of the Verve to the Yaris, Fit or Aveo. No contest.

Except...which ones are actually on sale?

Your right, it is "no contest".

gee P, dont you voice cudos for a certain vehicle that is ALSO not for sale?...........with the way you can jump fences you should audition for the Olympic Pole vaulting team.......

gee P, dont you voice cudos for a certain vehicle that is ALSO not for sale?...........with the way you can jump fences you should audition for the Olympic Pole vaulting team.......

Did you just bring up the Panthers in ANOTHER thread? Why can't you guys leave them alone. You people are more obsessed with them than any of the so called "mafia" members here.

FWIW, the CV is still for sale...if that was what you were alluding to.

I suppose if we were talking about the next gen Panthers you'd be all ga-ga

Nice response. Again, the Panthers are brought up by someone other than myself or anyone else who likes them.

And, yes, I probably would be interested if we were talking about the next-gen Panthers...but I would be pissed as hell if I had to wait a year and a half to even look at one.

But we are not talking about the Panthers (well, I'm not...you and Dean are), we are talking about the Verve and the fact that it's main competition does not have a thing to worry about for at least a year and a half. You don't know what is going to happen to the Fit and Yaris in 1.5 years. Knowing Ford, they are going to build the Verve to compete with the 2008 Fit and Yaris. Which would be great if it was going to be sold in 2008...not June 2010.

Did you just bring up the Panthers in ANOTHER thread? Why can't you guys leave them alone. You people are more obsessed with them than any of the so called "mafia" members here.

FWIW, the CV is still for sale...if that was what you were alluding to.

Nice response. Again, the Panthers are brought up by someone other than myself or anyone else who likes them.

And, yes, I probably would be interested if we were talking about the next-gen Panthers...but I would be pissed as hell if I had to wait a year and a half to even look at one.

But we are not talking about the Panthers (well, I'm not...you and Dean are), we are talking about the Verve and the fact that it's main competition does not have a thing to worry about for at least a year and a half. You don't know what is going to happen to the Fit and Yaris in 1.5 years. Knowing Ford, they are going to build the Verve to compete with the 2008 Fit and Yaris. Which would be great if it was going to be sold in 2008...not June 2010.

ahhh, but i was sneaky...I didn't mention any particular vehicle at all....you jumped to an assumption...whos obsessed? you need to stop jumping on threads and instigating arguments P, if you have NOTHING but derogatory comments, which it seems you don't, then you are contributing absolutely Zilch, negative opinions are ok, flaming absolutely EVERYTHING is a personality trait we could do without.......

yeah. a year and a half before you can look at one and 6-1/2 years before you'd buy that one that comes out in 18 months.

pissing match over. Verve IS coming, not here today for sure, BUT it is when it arrives going to hav a significant effect on the class, I BET as of its release the manufacturers of the current B cars have stood up, taken notice and imitated Carl Lewis in the dash to the drawing boards....BALCO free...

pissing match over. Verve IS coming, not here today for sure, BUT it is when it arrives going to hav a significant effect on the class, I BET as of its release the manufacturers of the current B cars have stood up, taken notice and imitated Carl Lewis in the dash to the drawing boards....BALCO free...

I'm thinking that the next gen Yaris, Fit and Aveo will be pretty much the same crap they have now.

The Verve will rewrite the segment. That you can have a B-car that doesn't look like an econo shoebox that was bought at Wal-Mart.

OK Skippy, tell me what vehicle you were talking about that "I voice cudos for" and is "ALSO not for sale"?

nah, state secret which has been adressed 30,000 way too many times, and unlike some I don't wish to de-throne threads.....back to the subject couch boy.....nice comments for a change would be refreshing...

Yeah. Because if they're at an auto show (and it's not even open to the public yet), they're representative of the public at large.

There is, IMO, a pretty sizable perception gap between the auto enthusiast and the general public, especially when it comes to cars like the Mondeo.

The problem I have with the Mondeo, as I've stated repeatedly, is not the quality of the design, but its suitability. It does not say "Ford" to me.

after the Verve and C2 focus, it will scream ford.