F-150 Most Significant Award

ANTAUS

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sync is not like a steering wheel. It is not needed.To think it is anything more than fluff is a bit :cheerleader: ish.

ok then OnStar is a sales gimmick, the pausing live radio and HD in the CTS is a sales gimmick, the Lexus parking itself is a sales gimmick, the Rambox is a sales gimmick, the 8" nav unit is a sales gimmick, the tail gate step is a sales gimmick, the cooler in the glove department of the Ram is a sales gimmick, the extra six inches of cab space and completely flat back is a sales gimmick......must i go on?

you see, you just need to get over yourself.

Well, as unbelievable as it is............... back on subject.

Good for Ford !!! :)

One small question, will every single thread, where the model F150 is mentioned, now turn into a bitch fest?? Don't we have a thread just for that??? Must EVERY SINGLE THREAD on the subject turn to shit???

This is supposed to be a positive thread. Good grief. I swear to God, half the people in here are just like my mother-in-law............... they are not happy, unless they are miserable.

Well, as unbelievable as it is............... back on subject.

Good for Ford !!! :)

One small question, will every single thread, where the model F150 is mentioned, now turn into a bitch fest?? Don't we have a thread just for that??? Must EVERY SINGLE THREAD on the subject turn to shit???

This is supposed to be a positive thread. Good grief. I swear to God, half the people in here are just like my mother-in-law............... they are not happy, unless they are miserable.

you will see the instigators are the same...literally every time...my guess is they just like to :stirpot: and dumba$$ comments should not go un-punished

Edited by Deanh

I imagine this award was in the bag from the moment Ford announced the best selling vehicle in the US was going to be revealed there. Good nonetheless. Any word on when we get the engine ratings?

Igor has stated that he has heard the 5.4 liter V8 will have 325 hp and 380 pounds of torque. Only the Tundra V8 will have more torque than the F-150.

wrong

the new 5.7L Hemi will have more tq than the 5.4L Triton since it produces 404 tq

Wrong?

This is a post from Igor about this subject:

1) the big news from Ford will be the new 5.4l - there is a reason Ford is not releasing its numbers - we are probably looking at 320hp and 380ft/lbs with a 6 speed tranny.. compare it to the other mainstream engines:

Ford:

4.6l 2V 250hp / 300 ft.lbs

4.6l 3V 300hp / 320 ft.lbs

5.4l 3V 320hp / 380 ft.lbs

GM:

5.3l AFM 315hp / 338 ft.lbs

6.0l AFM 367hp / 375 ft.lbs

Dodge:

4.7l 302hp / 329 ft.lbs

5.7l 380hp / 380 ft.lbs

Toyota:

4.7l 277hp / 313 ft.lbs

5.7l 380hp / 401 ft.lbs

not bad .. not bad at all

Wrong?

1) the big news from Ford will be the new 5.4l - there is a reason Ford is not releasing its numbers - we are probably looking at 320hp and 380ft/lbs with a 6 speed tranny.. compare it to the other mainstream engines:

Ford:

GM:

Dodge:

4.7l 302hp / 329 ft.lbs

5.7l 380hp / 380 ft.lbs

Toyota:

4.7l 277hp / 313 ft.lbs

5.7l 380hp / 401 ft.lbs

I guess if Igor says so than Dodge must be lying.. :finger:

Here are the correct specs..

380 hp (283 kW) and 404 lb-ft of torque (548 Nm)

http://www.allpar.com/model/ram/2009-ram.html

Since it's a "mild" refresh according to you, then how could you hate it if I assume you liked the present F-150. Not many changes, right? So I have to assume you hate the present F-150 if you hate this mildly changed new one. Yeah, lots to hate about getting two extra gears, 30 pounds more torque second only to Tundra, 6 inches more cab room with flat rear floor, extra storage, built in step ladder, built in step up to rear bed, 20 more horsepower, better fuel mileage, all new interior, more features like Sync and side/canopy air bags, and on and on and on for about 45 more changes at least. A fully boxed frame that was even improved upon some more if that's possible. Hell, you don't like that, fine. Something is wrong with you dude.

I don't like Ford's bold grills on any of their vehicles including cars, but no big deal as I'm inside when I drive and don't give a dang. I have always hated those big, ramming grills on Dodges, but that is what people want so who cares. The rear fender opening on the Silverado looks like hell IMO, but that doesn't make it a bad truck as I know it's a great one.

Buy a Ram, Silverado, or F-150 and you bought a great pickup. But if you look at the facts, the new F-150 goes back on top where it belongs. It will be best pickup on market bar none. Autoweek which is no lover of Ford knows this. Overall, no 1/2 ton pickup on market is this capable.

Like I said before, you make a lot of assumptions. First, I do not really like the look of the current trucks, so this one simply turns me off even more. Second, The functionality of the current truck is fine, so the extreamly minor improvements will not really make it any better. For example, if you already have a frame that will not flex in heavy duty use, making it stronger is pointless and is indeed fluff as it will not in any significant way be noticable. The same is ture of the extra Cab room. I am 6'-4" and there is already plenty of room in the cabin of the current truck. Making it bigger will not really make it any better...

Again, the six speed is the only real improvement here...

I don't know why me not liking this new truck seems to upsets you so much? I also do not know why ANY opinion that differs from your is considered wrong or that ther is "somthing wrong" with someone who is not impressed with the refreshed truck...

You must me one sad little man....... Get over yourself...

Like I said before, you make a lot of assumptions. First, I do not really like the look of the current trucks, so this one simply turns me off even more. Second, The functionality of the current truck is fine, so the extreamly minor improvements will not really make it any better. For example, if you already have a frame that will not flex in heavy duty use, making it stronger is pointless and is indeed fluff as it will not in any significant way be noticable. The same is ture of the extra Cab room. I am 6'-4" and there is already plenty of room in the cabin of the current truck. Making it bigger will not really make it any better...

Again, the six speed is the only real improvement here...

I don't know why me not liking this new truck seems to upsets you so much? I also do not know why ANY opinion that differs from your is considered wrong or that ther is "somthing wrong" with someone who is not impressed with the refreshed truck...

You must me one sad little man....... Get over yourself...

So, what I'm hearing is that if it's not important to you, then it's not really an improvement?

Edited by TomServo92

Wrong?

Ford:

GM:

Dodge:

4.7l 302hp / 329 ft.lbs

5.7l 380hp / 380 ft.lbs

Toyota:

4.7l 277hp / 313 ft.lbs

5.7l 380hp / 401 ft.lbs

i think igor had a typo there, unless Dodge is thinking about down rating it, which is doubtful

So, what I'm hearing is that if it's not important to you, then it's not really an improvement?

I think you guys are finally starting to getting it.....

In my OPINION the six speed is the only significant improvement...

The only difference is that I respect that other people can have different opinions without trying to say that thier is something "wrong with them" simply because we disagree.

As for the F150, I do like the current truck. I do NOT think it looks a good as older model, but then again I do not typically jump on the latest fads just because it is new. In my opinion, "New" does not always mean improved. In fact, I tried hard to convience my boss to add the crew cab truck to our company rebursment plan so that I could buy one. He agreed and I set up a deal with a local Ford dealership to buy a 2007 King Ranch model. At the last minute, his boss over rulled him. He was worried about the security of the hard bed cover that I was going to use. I carry a lot of very expensive electronic equipment ( more than the cost of the truck ) and he did not feel like the bed cover would be secure enough. As a result, I bought a Mazda CX-9. It was a horrable mistake (yes, I make them) and I traded it a few months later for a 2007 Edge and I love the Edge. I also have a 2005 Mustang GT, my previous vehicle was a 2000 F-150 Supercab, and a Ford Ranger before that...

My point is, that I am a Ford fan, but I HATE THE LOOK OF THIS NEW TRUCK. I looks tacky and cheap. I would not buy one because of it. However, as I stated before, my tastes do not always flow with the current fads. People may love this new "getto bling bling" look....

As for the guy who keeps telling me to buy the Dodge, I don't like it much either. I have never been a fan of the big nostrals concept. If I did buy a truck right now, it would probably be a current or older F150.

So, if you do not like my OPINION, don't read my posts...

He thought you thought it had a 6 speed before because you said "They changed it to a 5 speed, I don't know why."

I was insinuating they had been using a 4-speed since everybody knows they didn't have a 6 speed yet, it's not my problem that you guys read too much into things..

Edited by Blueblood