New Taurus in "the next year or two" ?

theoldwizard

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even FLEETS won't buy Sables, that's what I mean as well.

Nice ASS-umption...guess you never considered the fact that Ford isn't even offering them to Fleets?

Yeah, last time I checked the 3 year old D3 Taurus/Five Hundread sales they're rivaling the not stocked, not advertised, unmarketed, severely reduced production, fleet only, 16 year old Crown Vics.

Taurus:4,789

Taurus X:2,154

Sable:938

Total:7881

CV:3,894

Grand Marque:2,549

TC:1306

Total: 7749

The D3 are still out selling the :redcard:

...That 3.0/3.2 Yamaha was a bullet proof motor. Ford can only wish they ever are lucky enough to have an engine like that again...and yes...I love that V6. One of the best looking engine of modern times as well.

It certainly was.

The iron block aluminum head Ford 2.3L Turbo was one of the most durable and bulletproof engines as well, mine runs 25psi of boost and I have not upgraded a thing internally (find me an engine that can do that). Ford dumped this engine too, some things just become too outdated...

Good engines don't have plastic covers...so that's easy

And I too would love a future SHO, but I would prefer a light rwd car to use the name...

Nice ASS-umption...guess you never considered the fact that Ford isn't even offering them to Fleets?

Taurus:4,789

Taurus X:2,154

Sable:938

Total:7881

CV:3,894

Grand Marque:2,549

TC:1306

Total: 7749

The D3 are still out selling the :redcard:

WOW and such damning new numbers too...eh? I don't 132 cars is anything to write home about. Especially since the ADVERTISED D3s are all of 3 years old on their SECOND restyle with their THIRD restyle already coming next year. While the Panthers most recent visual restyle coincided with SEINFELD (1998) going off the air. Wooooo damning!

Do you even wanna look to see what the D3's are doing versus the GM's large car the WImpala or the Chrysler LXs...hmmm? :ohsnap:

WOW and such damning new numbers too...eh? I don't 132 cars is anything to write home about. Especially since the ADVERTISED D3s are all of 3 years old on their SECOND restyle with their THIRD restyle already coming next year. While the Panthers most recent visual restyle coincided with SEINFELD (1998) going off the air. Wooooo damning!

Do you even wanna look to see what the D3's are doing versus the GM's large car the WImpala or the Chrysler LXs...hmmm? :ohsnap:

I haven't seen much D3 advertising.

I haven't seen much D3 advertising.

I've been seeing the Taurus included on TV ads with the rest of the Ford car lineup (except Panther of course) during the local news. Also everytime I get on the damned internet it seems if there is a Ford banner or popup it's a Taurus. No radio ads though, and nothing at all for Sable.

I've been seeing the Taurus included on TV ads with the rest of the Ford car lineup (except Panther of course) during the local news. Also everytime I get on the damned internet it seems if there is a Ford banner or popup it's a Taurus. No radio ads though, and nothing at all for Sable.

True.....however I have seen the occasional (and I mean occasional) Jill Wagner Sable ad.

Edited by rmc523

I JUST saw one of those today in fact. I took note of it because Jill was looking hot in that black dress and yet again there was NO Grand Marquis in site on that commercial.

The Grand Marquis ad would feature Jane Wagner (made up), Jill's grandma.....

grandma88.jpg

:hysterical:

Edited by rmc523

Well, I believe you're right that it's a 6, but upside down. Oh well, it still gets the point across doesn't it?

was right after the whoopee cushion....those young whipper-snappers ( say THAt 3 times with dentures ) are such pranksters....

Have ALL the Panther haters chimed in yet, or are we missing someone? :stirpot:

Looking at how much they obsess about them...I don't know if I would call them haters. They are all closeted Panther lovers.

I mean, how could you hate a car that has brought, and still brings in tons of money for Ford?

have you checked the taurus sales buddy?

Or are you against the Taurus too? for your other reply I say you are putting your money on the wrong horse with the panthers

I'm against the Taurus/Sable because they are brand new cars...started from a blank slate, and Ford screwed them up SO BAD, that their sales are almost always passed by Panther sales.

The D3s are a disaster, a flop, and a joke.

Maybe they could get Willard Scott to be the pitch man.

My dad has a Grand Marquis. He's only 73.

One thing about Panther owners...not much of a sense of humour and VERY protective of their babys....no hate P, just having a chuckle.

I'm taking three of my Lexus/Infinti driving buddies to the auto show - the goal is to get a picture of us four lying in the trunk of a Town Car.

Well, maybe only three of us will fit without laying on top of each other - that is not socially acceptible here in the Midwest, except maybe in a certain area of town.... :wub: