Ford’s moving up with Focus MkIII

Edstock

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The design process of C2 went down like this. Mazda, Volvo, Ford of Europe, and Ford of North America all need replacements for their current C cars. So, the design began with Ford of North America for our Focus replacement. Once we had a satisfactory design for our purposes, the design was then handed off to Ford of Europe, who then ladled the premium stuff on for their market.

With the arrival of the Verve, our Focus will definitely become more premium than it is now, but not too high as to badly overlap with the Fusion.

One thing I am eagerly awaiting is the GTTDI engines for both Verve and Focus :-D

I'm a bit worried by the Euro Focus moving upmarket. How are they going to make sure the NA Focus doesn't get too expensive? Just decontenting the hell out of it?

seems I waas on the money...Verve slotting in where the Focus used to be, Focus will slot in where the Fusion used to be , Fusion.....? Taurus?....Taurus becomes RWD panther replacement???? last two speculation , well all of it is, wheres my coffee....

seems I waas on the money...Verve slotting in where the Focus used to be, Focus will slot in where the Fusion used to be , Fusion.....? Taurus?....Taurus becomes RWD panther replacement???? last two speculation , well all of it is, wheres my coffee....

The Verve is replacing the Focus in the lower price points, but not totally replacing it. The Verve will live in the 10-15K range and the new Focus will be in the 14-22K range and the Fusion will be in the 18K to 28K Range and the Taurus in the 24-38K range.

That will allow the Focus to finally make some money...

The Verve is replacing the Focus in the lower price points, but not totally replacing it. The Verve will live in the 10-15K range and the new Focus will be in the 14-22K range and the Fusion will be in the 18K to 28K Range and the Taurus in the 24-38K range.

AND...the only way it can dio that is to shift up-market and actually become desirable.........YEHAH!

Fusion won't start at 18k, it's a last gen pricepoint.

Malibu already starts at 19k, with great success. Real quality costs money.

Mulally knows better than continuing Bill Ford Jr's retarded strategy of "hey, lets become the American Kia".

So does Mark Fields.

It looks like the tailgate's come off your Mini Deanh how will you see any thing out the back window its so high and small, is the registration plate at the front attached with tie wraps on the grille

car_photo_239616_25.jpg

with a little twinforce thats all they will see...that backend is stunning!

Fusion won't start at 18k, it's a last gen pricepoint.

Malibu already starts at 19k, with great success. Real quality costs money.

Mulally knows better than continuing Bill Ford Jr's retarded strategy of "hey, lets become the American Kia".

So does Mark Fields.

was besides a Malibu the other day...not bad...except for a butt ugly rear end.....and in my opinion actuall looks better in the photos than in the flesh...usually its the other way around

I disagree, it looks better in the flesh than in pictures, most buyers who passed on the Fusion for it agree already.

Anyway, don't get your hopes up, AutoExpress is dead wrong most of the time, they just want to sell mags.

Their record is worse than RJ's. Here are the latest examples:

Their first "exclusive scoop" as to what the new Fiesta would look like:

ford_fiesta_xr2_autoexpress.jpg

Their second "exclusive" on the same subject:

ford_fiesta_2008_virtual_1.jpg

novo-fiesta-europeu-autoexpress-2.jpg

And their final try at it before FOE introduced the Verve:

fiestasuv.gif

Unless it's a chop sourced from Autobild (done by Huckfeldt), any "scoops" done by Autoexpress should be taken with a pile of salt.

Edited by pcsario

I disagree, it looks better in the flesh than in pictures, most buyers agree already.

Anyway, don't get your hopes up, AutoExpress is dead wrong most of the time, they just want to sell mags:

Latests FOE examples:

Their first "exclusive scoop" as to what the new Fiesta would look like:

ford_fiesta_xr2_autoexpress.jpg

Their second "exclusive" on the same subject:

ford_fiesta_2008_virtual_1.jpg

novo-fiesta-europeu-autoexpress-2.jpg

And their final try at it before FOE introduced the Verve concept:

fiestasuv.gif

so PC we beg to differ...LOL! Chops be chops I suppose...I like Lamb, you like pork....anyways I do think THIS one may be the most accurate due to similarities with the Verve....remains to be seen....one can only hope...

I wouldn't be surprised to see the next-gen Fusion get a bit more standard equipment. Heck, I'm wondering why they don't just dump the S equipment level or make the SE the new S. I don't know how many four-pot, steel wheeled, option-less examples they've sold each year, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say not a whole lot.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the next-gen Fusion get a bit more standard equipment. Heck, I'm wondering why they don't just dump the S equipment level or make the SE the new S. I don't know how many four-pot, steel wheeled, option-less examples they've sold each year, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say not a whole lot.

The S trims are pretty much relegated to fleet duty anyway. I've seen very few S trim retail cars on the road.

Myth! Myth! Myth!!!! Coriolis Effect does nothing to bodies of water so small.

http://www.discovery.com/area/skinnyon/ski...23/skinny1.html

The_More_You_Know.jpg

Except on the Simpsons.

Bart: Yeah, do the toilets go backwards in here?

Ward: No. To combat homesickness, we've installed a device that

makes them swirl the correct American way.

[he flushes the toilet]

[it swirls one way, then a machine kicks in and makes it swirl

the other way]

Homer: [singing] Sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing...[weeps]

-- A moment of patriotism, "Bart vs. Australia"