nre 09 Fusion spy photo

igor

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why do the news items accompanying spy shots keep calling this the 2010 Fusion? I thought the update was going to hit dealers later this year.

Because they were delayed because the rear end was sent back to the drawing board. It was originally to be out this summer, then sent back after the leak and scheduled for '10. However near the end of last year the push got the program moved back up again. Then at the beginning of January it was announced it would be a late Q4 release as an 09.

Because they were delayed because the rear end was sent back to the drawing board. It was originally to be out this summer, then sent back after the leak and scheduled for '10. However near the end of last year the push got the program moved back up again. Then at the beginning of January it was announced it would be a late Q4 release as an 09.

Is this a standard quarter then, meaning it should arrive somewhere during Oct - Dec 08 time frame?

The rear tail lights look like the Camry from a generation ago. It still looks like a good car overall though. The front end work is hopefully a little different in reality.

Glad we get the new Orion Falcon - a real Ford.

Have a hunch the 2010 Fusion renderings were similar to what Ford AUS were intending as a Crown Vic replacement!

09fusion.jpg

I agree, I too hope the front is slightly different.....this design isn't bad, really the only thing that bothers me is the different grille bar thicknesses.

I'm not the biggest fan of the rear taillight/trunk lid treatment either, but somebody said it was sent back to be changed.

Concur w/ZM

If the refresh Fusion launches and looks like the renderings, I say it will be the hottest Midsize sedan on the market, looks wise.............but trear end needs to change, the rear end on the renderings is terrible, but the front is hot, great style.

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about, the headlights on the mule ARE the current headlight assemblies and hood.

Look closely at this photo of the PROTOTYPE which features the new headlights as seen in the rendering.

ford-fusion-spied-3.jpg

Now look at this MULE headlight which has a hodge podge of elements bolted together, including the previous gen stacked headlight assemblies but the new grille and lower fascia.

ford-fusion-spied-4.jpg

The taillight and trunk look like the old Pontiac Sunfire of a few years ago. I would love to see Ford do something better.

A friend of mine once described the trunk of the Sunbird as looking like "a fat woman whose panties are too small for her."

Every time I see one, its the first thing that comes to mind.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-fusion-future.html

and just as a reminder:

09fusion.jpg

Igor

How close to these renderings do you think the new Fusion will actually be? I can't tell anything from the spy photos. If this truly is the new Fusion, then Ford has Honda-ized it. It looks similar to the Honda Accord - which is exactly what Ford needs to do, at least at this point in their history. Honda is leading the way in design right now, and Ford is playing catch-up. I've got no problem with this, especially if the new Fusion truly

does resemble this rendering. If you can't beat 'em - join 'em! This is a nice looking car. I would definitely consider buying one, and be proud to do so. Ford needs to come out with a Fusion GT.

Very nice job. My gripe was always the headlights anyway. I second going the Honda direction. They sell a few more Accords than Ford does Fusions also, btw. The Euro Accord/American Acura are gorgeous also.

(Oh btw, they're bringing a diesel over for that one.) The TSX is powered by a 2.4l.

2008.acura.tsx.20124032-E.jpg

No, no, no...this is more like it

Rune%20Kvisvik1996%20Lincoln%20Continental%20MarkVIII%20HS68211.jpg

Lincoln-MKS_2009_photo_02.jpg

I had two Mark VIIIs, the cars that introduced me to Lincoln and made me loyal. I'm quite happy to see Lincoln resembling one of my nostalgic favorites ;)

I don't know if people remember, but the Mark VIII was a truly stunning design that made everything else look positively primitive. Of course, when a design makes such a strong fashion statement, it is rejected almost as strongly after a short honeymoon ;)