Toyota is #1 globally

Ford??-LOL!

I know how the mere mention of Toyota induces seizures amongst the hardcore :cheerleader: , but here goes.

Toyota is #1

Should I invoke the same argument you Toyo :cheerleader: do every time it's pointed out that the Tundra holds zero % of it's segments share? Ford is showing gains in every market outside of the U.S. As a shareholder, and even though Ford has not yet reported sustainable profitability within the U.S. It is nice to see them gaining market share, and profitability gains abroad. That's right Ford NA shows a loss while Ford global operations showed a $700,000,000 positive cash flow in 07'!

Wo, wo, wo, wo , what a feeling!

Edited by Furious1Auto

As stated previously, Toy did the same last year. We'll see where they are at the mid year, end of the 3rd Qtr and end of the year. They could pass GM, they may fall back in line as #2. Either way, I really don't care who is the #1 automaker in the world, I'm more worried about the US Economy and housing market currently.

As stated previously, Toy did the same last year. We'll see where they are at the mid year, end of the 3rd Qtr and end of the year. They could pass GM, they may fall back in line as #2. Either way, I really don't care who is the #1 automaker in the world, I'm more worried about the US Economy and housing market currently.

my thoughts exactly...sales will pickup when those two bugs get worked out...in the meantime #1 means what? bragging rights maybe....but some manufacturers that are WAYYYYY down the list operate at HEALTHY profits...so which is the more important priority? More #'s with potential slippage in QC or less and perhaps better overall quality and happier consumers?

I know how the mere mention of Toyota induces seizures amongst the hardcore :cheerleader: , but here goes.

Toyota is #1

Let's see what No. 1 has done for Toyota:

- Consumer Reports will no longer give the company and it's vehicles a recommended rating anymore

- Incentives on an 'all new' truck outpace the Big 3 in some instances, with older models

- Scion has gone from darling to confused

....need I go on.

Let's see what No. 1 has done for Toyota:

- Consumer Reports will no longer give the company and it's vehicles a recommended rating anymore

- Incentives on an 'all new' truck outpace the Big 3 in some instances, with older models

- Scion has gone from darling to confused

....need I go on.

-They've fallen back behind Ford sales in the US

-Their efforts in Europe have fallen on their face

-They've fallen back behind Ford sales in the US

-Their efforts in Europe have fallen on their face

maybe you ought to do a bit of research beforre posting. Otherwise you would sound like a retard like most of the people posting here.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24273631/

Toyota reported steady demand in Asia and strong demand in Europe, while GM said it had record sales in its regions outside of North America.

maybe you ought to do a bit of research beforre posting. Otherwise you would sound like a retard like most of the people posting here.

Toyota reported steady demand in Asia and strong demand in Europe, while GM said it had record sales in its regions outside of North America.

This quote is from this Bloomberg article:

Toyota Sales Plunge

Toyota, the world's second-largest carmaker, posted a European sales decline to 75,801 vehicles, and the Toyota City, Japan-based company's market share last month fell to 5.8 percent from 6.5 percent a year earlier.

Edited by TomServo92

Look at the date of the Bloomberg article vs the MSNBC article. Toyota is growing in Europe as a whole even though their numbers have fallen in WESTERN EUROPE. They are doing very well in Russia and Eastern Europe.

Here's are quotes from a Bloomberg article dated April 15th:

April 15 (Bloomberg) -- Toyota Motor Corp., PSA Peugeot Citroen and Volkswagen AG led the biggest drop in European car sales in more than four years as consumer spending slumped and an early Easter cut the number of selling days.

Toyota, Lexus Drop

Group European sales at Toyota City, Japan-based Toyota, the world's second-biggest carmaker, fell to 92,380 vehicles in March, with registrations dropping 16 percent to 88,051 at the namesake brand and 22 percent to 4,329 at the Lexus luxury unit.

Wow, so eloquently put. Bravo...

I left off one other thing. Toyota's continued reliance on profit/resale value eroding rental cars. It seems to me that Toyota hasn't learned the valuable lessons that Honda seems to at least abide by.

Look at the date of the Bloomberg article vs the MSNBC article. Toyota is growing in Europe as a whole even though their numbers have fallen in WESTERN EUROPE. They are doing very well in Russia and Eastern Europe.

Well yeah, but that's because they need a lot of Technicals there.