2010 Ford Fusion spy photo straight from Dearborn

wohho

Maybe it's just the angle or the cameo, but the front looks oddly rounded

Looks like the product cycle marches on and the Fusion will be getting an update for the 2010 model year. This is the first I've seen of the car in mule form, looks like the sides will remain the same and there will be some nose and tail work done to it.

2010 Ford Fusion

You're probably right...I only see 2 bars, but I'm sure the 3rd bar's hidden in there some where. I'm not so sure about those Japanese angry eyes lights.

Probably intentional camo. None of the other spy photos indicated that sort of roundness.

If it does look like the photos you posted, and the engines receive an upgrade, that car will be at the top of my shopping list when I start looking next year.

I just noticed, even the wheels are the same.

BTW - The picture is courtesy of Igor.

You're probably right...I only see 2 bars, but I'm sure the 3rd bar's hidden in there some where. I'm not so sure about those Japanese angry eyes lights.

I too am pretty sure it'll have 3 bars.

This...

2010-Ford-Fusion.jpg

...looks just like this...

09fusion.jpg

I hope that the grille's bars are equal size and not 3 different sizes like this rendering.

Impressive.

How the heck did this leak get out so early?

I'm calling it -- we've seen an accurate no-camo drawing of the 2010 Fusion, at least the front of it.

From a source...those renderings are accurate.

Also, I believe these MKZ renderings are fairly accurate as well:

post-28332-1209701054_thumb.jpg

Edited by rmc523

Oh ok, I was going to say, those renderings are waaaayyyyy old. We saw that stuff and a model back in 06 man.

you mean you saw them internally inside Ford, or in the "wild" These were leaked last summer.

Are these outdated - I know the rear end has been changed since these renderings, but I was told the front is still coming.

Do you know more?

Igor

as a former Ford Zone Manager, I would imagine he saw them inhouse.

And FWIW, I think it's a good thing the back end changed.

Yes, since the back end shown in that picture was so much like my 2002 Taurus, not surprised Ford sent it back for redesign. Looks to me from what is shown through the camo that front end is very similar to picuture. Too bad designers didn't get back end correct first time, because Ford could use refreshed Fusion now, not next year. Freshened Fusion with extra model in hybrid and new drivetrain is very capable of 20,000 units/month no problem in this auto environment. Every extra sale counts. I would have bought new Fusion this year if new drivetrain Fusion was out. Fusion really needs to do 20,000+/month to go along with Focus and Escape. For full year 2009, Focus, Escape, and Fusion are capable of selling at 20,000/month rate. Add in new Flex, new Fiesta, and Edge sales and all of a sudden Ford is not so dependant on pickups to stay in business any longer. It can survive and then really prosper as more new models hit showrooms next decade.