2009 ranger

blazerdude20

oh. i guess that would make sense

i had not heard about them not making it anymore.

Interesting. Back when I bought my Ranger (1993), the 3.0 seemed to be the most popular engine.

So it's just a 2.5 and the 4.0 now?

Interesting. Back when I bought my Ranger (1993), the 3.0 seemed to be the most popular engine.

The 2.5's been gone a while now. I have an '02 , 2.3. Truck's 100% reliable. No issues. Guess it's just the 2.3 and 4.0.

The 2.5's been gone a while now. I have an '02 , 2.3. Truck's 100% reliable. No issues. Guess it's just the 2.3 and 4.0.

Oops. My bad. Before it was a 2.5, it was a 2.3. Did they go back to the same motor? Eight spark plugs?

So the old 2.5 was replaced with the 2.3. The 2.3 will be replaced with the new 2.5 for 2009 or 2010 When will the 2.3 not be available anymore?

curious to know what the actual engine allocation is.

I seem to only see 4.0s for sale in my area.

The Vulcan 3.0L dissapeared because the previous generation Taurus was dismissed, along with tyhe Vulcan as well. For years they had this planned, it just kept getting pushed back because Ford was trying to push out as many Tauri as possible. I believe the 3.8/4.2L Essex are gone as well (about time). Now it's the 4.0L SOHC yesturtech engine that needs to die. Obviously the 4.0L Cologne will be replaced by the 3.5L/3.7L engines.

Depending on the rearend gears, the 3.0 was a pretty decent motor. My girlfriend's B3000 had 3.73's in it and it would run with my 4.0 Ranger easily.

weren't 3.73s standard? my 04 has them and with the 5 speed i wouldnt call it slow when you are into the throttle hard. Of course, i drive it like theres an egg under it (and shift around 2K) so i dont unleash all 3.0L of fury that often lol

3.0L in the wifes 98 windstar with 285+km's on it, NO problems whatsoever. An underrated engine in my opinion. Lasts forever,good milage and has decent power. Picked up a 06 freestar for the wife on Saturday, has a 4.2L. We'll see how it works out, hope it's as good as the 3.0 was.

• 3 weeks later...

the 3.0 hasn't made sense in years, the 2.3 has almost as much power as the 3.0, but the 3.0 gets just about the same gas mileage as the 4.0, with out the power. but you are correct, it was a popular choice when purchasing a new ranger, people often thought that the 3.0 would get alot better mileage than the 4.0 and that they just "didn't need the power of a 4.0". i've seen 2.3 wiht the proper gears out tow and out haul a 3.0. not a terrible motor, just outdated....by 20 years.....