Flex in the City

range

DEARBORN, Mich. 6-19-08: Flex-ability- Fors hottest new crossover, the all-new 2009 Ford Flex is now available in Detroit. Today, 40 Metro Detroit area Ford Dealers will take possession of their first 2009 Ford Flex at a special drive-away event. The distinctive 2009 Ford Flex, with its signature side grooves, all-black greenhouse and distinct two-tone roof, it is like no other vehicle on the road and is arriving in dealerships now.

Stopped by my local dealer in Framingham MA to check out the two Flexes they had out front, loved the vehicles. Shame is I just bought a new Edge 9 months ago but the Flex with the tow package would have been perfect for our needs. They really are very striking up close, they should sell well, even in these times.

That's cool how they parked the Flexes Flexii? to spell the word FLEX.

I can't wait for a Flex to arrive at my local dealer... :banghead:

Stopped by my local dealer in Framingham MA to check out the two Flexes they had out front, loved the vehicles. Shame is I just bought a new Edge 9 months ago but the Flex with the tow package would have been perfect for our needs. They really are very striking up close, they should sell well, even in these times.

I was up checking them out at the dealer, and noticed one glaring style oversight , couldn't they make the rear sensors body colored, they look like four nipples across the back they should be body colored. (As they should be on the Escape) I agree they should sell well. Would have been nice to see a little more mileage out of them.

I was up checking them out at the dealer, and noticed one glaring style oversight , couldn't they make the rear sensors body colored, they look like four nipples across the back they should be body colored. (As they should be on the Escape) I agree they should sell well. Would have been nice to see a little more mileage out of them.

I too noticed that on another thread. I'm highly dissapointed by that. Just when I thought Ford was figuring out how to paint the sensors (heck, on the Expedition, they've eliminated them completely, IIRC, by some system that is able to "sensor"/detect through the bumper), they go and do this.

They should work that picture into advertising somehow. Way cool.

The "X" is crooked.

Edit: On another note, the wife and I stopped at our dealer to take a peek at the three Flex's on the lot. We were impressed. Great interior, flawless exterior seams. Looked great, and drove really smooth and quiet. Unfortunately, they do not have enough room for us. Maybe someday they will consider an "EL" edition.

Edited by Pioneer

The "X" is crooked.

Edit: On another note, the wife and I stopped at our dealer to take a peek at the three Flex's on the lot. We were impressed. Great interior, flawless exterior seams. Looked great, and drove really smooth and quiet. Unfortunately, they do not have enough room for us. Maybe someday they will consider an "EL" edition.

I noticed the X is crooked as well.

I am eagerly, if not impatiently waiting for Flexes to arrive at my local dealer.

Wow..that's a surprise. Some of the presale production spec models had some reeeallly misaligned panels that didn't fit too flush at all. Looks like my eagle eyes paid off :shades:

I saw no flaws on the three that were sitting on the lot.

Wow..that's a surprise. Some of the presale production spec models had some reeeallly misaligned panels that didn't fit too flush at all. Looks like my eagle eyes paid off :shades:

Some Flexes have arrived at my local dealer. Just glancing at the vehicles, there was only 1 flaw I noticed on one of the vehicles....on the rear liftgate, the chrome strip area at the beltline didn't align properly with the chrome strip on the side panel and when rubbing your hand over the gap, it was a little uneven, but other than that I didn't notice any quality problems, and as I mentioned, that was only on one of them.

Break in engine, and I bet you could get 26-27mpg on highway no problem. I just drove my 2002 24 valve Taurus Up North and back on one tank of gas. Round trip was close to 500 miles and got caught in two traffic jams that lasted over 30 minutes. Also had two passengers aboard and lots of luggage.

The local dealer I that I spotted a Flex this past Friday had it sold by Monday night....or it moved some place that I couldn't see

I was cracking up...I was paying for my fuel filter and they still had an 05 T-bird brand new on the show room floor!

I'm going to visit my dealer tomorrow to see what they have. I'll bring my camera!

My dealer has a new black Flex in the lot. I have never seen one in person before today. Its beautiful!....much bigger than I thought but oh so cool. It has a black roof as well.

Its only $36,000 CDN for the front-wheel drive version.

I was at a local dealer yesterday and saw one of the strangest color combinations....white body with the silver roof. I didn't think it looked very good: 1) it's hard to tell it's different at all, and 2) it looks as if the paint was messed up since there's such a little difference.

I was at a local dealer yesterday and saw one of the strangest color combinations....white body with the silver roof. I didn't think it looked very good: 1) it's hard to tell it's different at all, and 2) it looks as if the paint was messed up since there's such a little difference.

I saw my first two at a Winnipeg Ford - Lincoln dealer. One SEL and one Limited with all the options, dark red with white roof. It was bigger than I thought. It has a lot of presence. Couldn't miss it sitting there.