Camaro Officially Revealed

ANTAUS

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. You are right. There is absolutely nothing wrong with liking the Camaro and the Challenger. But you don't need to insult the Mustang in order to make your desires known. Insult the Mustang, expect to be insulted in return. It's really as simple as that.

Yeah!!! He did it first dammit!!! lol Seriously, everyone on both side of the flag waiving issue just needs to come to their senses. It's a car, made by a car company. I wonder if there are forums dedicated to the XBox where guys sit around and insult the Playstation and vice versa? I wonder if there are forums dedicated to McDonalds hamburgers where everyone sits around and bashes those fags the dare to eat over at Wendy's? These are companies, that make products, and try to get you to buy them. That's it, that's all it is. You just gotta know that the CEO's and wealthy owners of these companies just have a big old belly laugh at the notion that rank and file, joe blow, pea on gets all worked up about their prodcuts. Espeically when said wealthy CEO's could be working for Ford today and Chevy tomorrow. Or perhaps, Toyota today and Chrysler tomorrow? There is certainly no brand loyalty at the level of the Excecs who are responsible for making and selling these car. I fail to see why there is such devotion to one brand over another at the level of people who buy them. In other words, they don't give a shit, why should you? It's just a car, a product, that's it. It's either good or bad. For my money the only deciding factor as to which one I buy is weather or not it's American because I would rather help my fellow countrymen keep and maintain their standard of living than ship my purchase dollars off to Japan or Korea, or Europe.

Don't sweat it eddiehaskell and don't feel like you need to justify wanting to buy a Camaro or any other car to anyone, ever. Guys like Nick and F150 with the silly comments about scrapmetal and fanboys are on every car forum. They still haven't figured out that there behavior and their comments do far more to turn people off to their favorite brand of car then it ever does to make anyone want to buy a Ford. The same sort of thing happens over on the Jeep forum I visit regularly where all the Hummer bashing takes place. It's silly nonsense and that's all. There's nothing wrong with liking the Camaro or the Challenger or hell a doggon Mitsubishi Eclipse if that's your thing. If you listen to these losers around here too much they'll try and have you believe that if you choose any of those over a Mustang you have made some huge mistake and you must be some kind of giant moron. Like I said, their behavior just turns people off about Fords more than it ever will encourage anyone to buy one.

You catch more flies with honey boys, grow up and learn something.

LOL you know i would not have seen your post if nick didn't quote it but i read everything that i have not ignored and well :hysterical:

its funny how you show up in threads such as this, yet when there are threads about just Mustangs.....you and eddie are no where to be found

LOL your the one that i remember a year ago saying the Mustang was a redneck car.....don't fucking tell nick or i to grow up. your a hypocrite

P.S. unless someone quotes your reply i won't read it

now i am quite surprised by the auto SS #'s but i expected the LS3 stick to get those #'s when the G8 came out

GOOD JOB TO GM ON THE PERFORMANCE, but the exterior and interior just are not my thing....if they kept it a little more true to the '69 i might have a lot more interest, i am interested in how they got 4.6 seconds with the L99 auto

Edited by Ford-150

LOL you know i would not have seen your post if nick didn't quote it but i read everything that i have not ignored and well :hysterical:

its funny how you show up in threads such as this, yet when there are threads about just Mustangs.....you and eddie are no where to be found

LOL your the one that i remember a year ago saying the Mustang was a redneck car.....don't fucking tell nick or i to grow up. your a hypocrite

P.S. unless someone quotes your reply i won't read it

now i am quite surprised by the auto SS #'s but i expected the LS3 stick to get those #'s when the G8 came out

GOOD JOB TO GM ON THE PERFORMANCE, but the exterior and interior just are not my thing....if they kept it a little more true to the '69 i might have a lot more interest, i am interested in how they got 4.6 seconds with the L99 auto

I've been involved in plenty of threads around here about the Mustang to include this one. Like you could have a thread on this forum about a Camaro and not also discuss the mustang. As for the rest of you post.

1. Grow up.

2. Learn how to use proper grammatics in your posts. If you look around your keyboard you'll notice theres a shift key and a period key. You might try using them.

Having been a member of a rather large Mustang club several years back there is absolutely no doubt in my mind what kind of person the typical Mustang / Camaro owner is. It's the reason I got rid of my Mustang.

I've been involved in plenty of threads around here about the Mustang to include this one. Like you could have a thread on this forum about a Camaro and not also discuss the mustang. As for the rest of you post.

1. Grow up.

2. Learn how to use proper grammatics in your posts. If you look around your keyboard you'll notice theres a shift key and a period key. You might try using them.

Having been a member of a rather large Mustang club several years back there is absolutely no doubt in my mind what kind of person the typical Mustang / Camaro owner is. It's the reason I got rid of my Mustang.

and got a Jeep??????....what does that say blackie...ones Still or crop is off the beaten path?......come on man.....

1. Grow up.

ok since deanh quoted you......

It should be "you're".

Grammatics is not a word. It should be "grammar".

but thanks for bitching about the way i type on a FORUM.

wait why am i doing this....you never give up so i will.

I'm done.

Edited by Ford-150

Yeah!!! He did it first dammit!!! lol Seriously, everyone on both side of the flag waiving issue just needs to come to their senses. It's a car, made by a car company. I wonder if there are forums dedicated to the XBox where guys sit around and insult the Playstation and vice versa?

Yes, yes there is, because PS3 sucks :P.

I wonder if there are forums dedicated to McDonalds hamburgers where everyone sits around and bashes those fags the dare to eat over at Wendy's?

Somewhere, there probably is

These are companies, that make products, and try to get you to buy them. That's it, that's all it is. You just gotta know that the CEO's and wealthy owners of these companies just have a big old belly laugh at the notion that rank and file, joe blow, pea on gets all worked up about their prodcuts. Espeically when said wealthy CEO's could be working for Ford today and Chevy tomorrow. Or perhaps, Toyota today and Chrysler tomorrow? There is certainly no brand loyalty at the level of the Excecs who are responsible for making and selling these car. I fail to see why there is such devotion to one brand over another at the level of people who buy them. In other words, they don't give a shit, why should you? It's just a car, a product, that's it. It's either good or bad. For my money the only deciding factor as to which one I buy is weather or not it's American because I would rather help my fellow countrymen keep and maintain their standard of living than ship my purchase dollars off to Japan or Korea, or Europe.

Because people like to be loyal to something. Many of us like Ford. It doesn't have to make sense to you and it doesn't even have to be rational, it just is, and to many of us, that's all that matters. Personally, I love Ford, and I hate GM with a passion. There are many other cars that I like from other brands, but Ford will always have a special place.

Edited by suv_guy_19

As I said, the SS has IRS, it's 60lbs lighter, gets better gas mileage, has better weight balance and will cost AT LEAST $10k less.

Yes, I am certain that all Chevrolet dealers will sell the highly anticipated new Camaro SS at or below MSRP.

Yeah!!! He did it first dammit!!! lol Seriously, everyone on both side of the flag waiving issue just needs to come to their senses. It's a car, made by a car company. I wonder if there are forums dedicated to the XBox where guys sit around and insult the Playstation and vice versa? I wonder if there are forums dedicated to McDonalds hamburgers where everyone sits around and bashes those fags the dare to eat over at Wendy's? These are companies, that make products, and try to get you to buy them. That's it, that's all it is. You just gotta know that the CEO's and wealthy owners of these companies just have a big old belly laugh at the notion that rank and file, joe blow, pea on gets all worked up about their prodcuts. Espeically when said wealthy CEO's could be working for Ford today and Chevy tomorrow. Or perhaps, Toyota today and Chrysler tomorrow? There is certainly no brand loyalty at the level of the Excecs who are responsible for making and selling these car. I fail to see why there is such devotion to one brand over another at the level of people who buy them. In other words, they don't give a shit, why should you? It's just a car, a product, that's it. It's either good or bad. For my money the only deciding factor as to which one I buy is weather or not it's American because I would rather help my fellow countrymen keep and maintain their standard of living than ship my purchase dollars off to Japan or Korea, or Europe.

Well, this is a FORD forum. I wouldn't expect everything to be entirely unbiased. We like Fords, for whatever reason (yes I know it's a pretty petty and intangible thing when it comes down to it), and we are going to defend them...well...most of the time. There's still no defending the looks of the Focus.

Blogs are always right. :doh:

Rut roh! It seems news of the premature death of the Z28 WEREN'T exaggerated!

Automobile Magazine's Q&A with Cheryl Pilcher, Camaro product manager

Will there be a Z28 model?

CP: "There will be no Z28 model. Through the four generations of Camaro, there have been cases where Chevrolet chose to make the Z28 the top dog or the SS the top dog. As you're aware, Chevrolet is encouraging the SS strategy with cars such as the HHR SS and Cobalt SS. Consistent with this strategy, we have a Camaro SS."

Sorry Eddie! :poke:

Rut roh! It seems news of the premature death of the Z28 WEREN'T exaggerated!

Automobile Magazine's Q&A with Cheryl Pilcher, Camaro product manager

Sorry Eddie! :poke:

And here is Scott Settlemire response tp that article:
Good point but do you think they would have gotten the green light in todays market with todays GM and all the challenges it faces? When I read this article and Cheryl's specific response to the question "Will there be a Z/28 model?", it sounds pretty cut and dry to me.

http://www.automobilemag.com/new_and...wer/index.html

(question asked by another poster)

Scott's response:

It was a misquote.

Let me make a few comments:

We do not want to use the Z28 moniker on a car that does not deserve this hallowed name.

We don't talk about future products -- but what makes you think we haven't been doing work on something?????

I can't say more than that......other than:

"KEEP THE FAITH" --

I can't lie to you guys -- because if I do, I will have zero credibility......and I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon -- you're stuck with my ugly mug.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.p...98796#post98796

UHHHH OHHHH!!!! Get Tommy Servo a nappy...him just soiled his panties!!!!!!

And here is Scott Settlemire response tp that article:

(question asked by another poster)

Scott's response: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.p...98796#post98796

UHHHH OHHHH!!!! Get Tommy Servo a nappy...him just soiled his panties!!!!!!

Yeah, a post in an internet forum certainly trumps an official interview in national magazine. :rolleyes:

But let me help you out with a definition that applies here:

am·big·u·ous

–adjective

1. open to or having several possible meanings or interpretations; equivocal: an ambiguous answer.

2. Linguistics. (of an expression) exhibiting constructional homonymity; having two or more structural descriptions, as the sequence Flying planes can be dangerous.

3. of doubtful or uncertain nature; difficult to comprehend, distinguish, or classify: a rock of ambiguous character.

4. lacking clearness or definiteness; obscure; indistinct: an ambiguous shape; an ambiguous future.

He really didn't say anything that actually contradicted what I posted. It was just a veiled promise that there might be something better coming. Nothing more, nothing less.

Of course, I wouldn't expect someone like you with limited cognitive ability to grasp subtleties like that.

But hey, you KEEP THAT FAITH! :hysterical:

I don't care about the Z28 either. As I said, I'll take an SS over the GT500...no need for a Z28.

I don't care about any of them, including the Challenger. I had my fill of pony cars in the '80s and '90s.

Now, the new CTS....that's a GM I'd buy! :shades:

Edited by TomServo92