"Funeral" Flex

mkizlvr

Why does he have a back board and a stretcher is the thing? REAL hearses have rollers or a mechanism for sliding the coffin back i see no such think on this. He just push real hard and hope he does not rip the carpet? This guy is either a real cheapskate or is pulling a fast one. I am going with pulling a fast one as what funeral home uses a back board?

Something wrong. Doesn't look creepy enough. Maybe if he bulged the roof up...... And those two-dimensional landau irons pasted onto the glass on the Flex certainly don't cut it either. Needs some vinyl-covered padded blank-out panels. Oh, and upholster the roof while you're at it. That white or silver top doesn't cut it. You know, most foreign hearses don't look creepy enough either. 9fce1d58.jpg

There's nothing like a Cadillac hearse when it comes to creepiness. I think it's the high roof.

P7120067.JPG

I don't think it's actually used as a hearse. It looks like it's used for calls to pick up bodies from homes. Most of the funeral homes around here use minivans for that. They reserve the hearses equipped to carry coffins for the actual funeral. I think they consider it more discreet for the family so the neighbors don't see the big, black hearse pull up in front of the house.

There's nothing like a Cadillac hearse when it comes to creepiness. I think it's the high roof.

And the curtains in the windows. Plenty creepy, since they're always half open. And the name of the funeral home in plastichrome.

Yep. High roof, acres of vinyl, heavy gray or maroon curtains, giant laundau iron, and the name of the funeral home in the window.

But nothing is creepier than the old 50s/60s station wagon ambulances.

HD02-1963_Pontiac_Amb.jpg

Come back to the age of glass IV bottles, reusable hypodermics, and the sickly smell of latex and rubbing alcohol..

Why does he have a back board and a stretcher is the thing? REAL hearses have rollers or a mechanism for sliding the coffin back i see no such think on this. He just push real hard and hope he does not rip the carpet? This guy is either a real cheapskate or is pulling a fast one. I am going with pulling a fast one as what funeral home uses a back board?

its not a hearse, it is used to transport the bodies from one place to another. not the coffins with bodies in them.

its to bad that this is the only flex on cardomains website so far.

HD02-1963_Pontiac_Amb.jpg

Come back to the age of glass IV bottles, reusable hypodermics, and the sickly smell of latex and rubbing alcohol..

That's what I'm talkin' about!

Another funny thing is that the creepiness of hearses is not culturally specific: Japanese people I know find American hearses more creepy too.

What about open casket funerals, funeral parlors, and funeral directors?

Yep. Pretty much. There are certain things that Americans just do better than anyone else: jeans, whisky, blues, Harley Davidsons, and unintentionally morbid death rituals. (It's funny, I've spent enough time "on the other side" for a lot of things to have come up in conversation by now.)

Edited by retro-man

Yep. Pretty much. There are certain things that Americans just do better than anyone else: jeans, whisky, blues, Harley Davidsons, and unintentionally morbid death rituals. (It's funny, I've spent enough time "on the other side" for a lot of things to have come up in conversation by now.)

Now, that can be taken several ways. I assume that you mean the other side of the Pacific.

I think the Scots have us beat in whiskey.

The "other side"? You've been dead before? Or are you talking about a different "other side"? :hysterical:

There are some people here on BON who would consider an extended stay in Japan the equivalent of death - but that's what I meant: the other side of the Pacific. Have had many late night conversations about a great many things - hearses included.