MKT interior shots

Bigbuck15

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who noticed in the Ford press release the mention of "new version of SYNC" on the MKT? I'm thinking and hoping it centers on the rear passengers in some way, giving them their own screen for maps, info, music ect...also, the prototype has an all glass roof, very different from the Flex in that its one sheet of glass from the windshield back to the start of the 3rd row seats. I'm thinking this new CUV will be offer alot more features than the Flex to really set it apart. It would explain why the Flex has so much luxury in it (like a Lincoln would normally have). Overall, I think the MKT will be another flagship for Lincoln rather than a nicer Ford like the MKZ/MKX are.

So who noticed in the Ford press release the mention of "new version of SYNC" on the MKT? I'm thinking and hoping it centers on the rear passengers in some way, giving them their own screen for maps, info, music ect...also, the prototype has an all glass roof, very different from the Flex in that its one sheet of glass from the windshield back to the start of the 3rd row seats. I'm thinking this new CUV will be offer alot more features than the Flex to really set it apart. It would explain why the Flex has so much luxury in it (like a Lincoln would normally have). Overall, I think the MKT will be another flagship for Lincoln rather than a nicer Ford like the MKZ/MKX are.

I didn't notice that about the new SYNC system, unless they're referring to the newest version, which features 911 assist and some other new features. That would be cool for it to focus on rear seat passengers, though.

That said, I do agree with you in saying that I think the MKT will offer a lot of features not found on the Flex.

Interior from what we can see, looks good from a style standpoint. Need to touch & feel for a better understanding of the quality of material and fit/finish.

So far, I'm not feeling the exterior style. I know it's got all the camo padding, but the overall shape and style is reminding me too much of the '10 Equinox and SRX. Bloated in the back with huge slab sides. Nothing has me going "WOW" or "Look at that".

Just another typical bland CUV in my opinion. Will wait for final judgement though.

Have you seen the MKT concept? Without the camo, this vehicle doesn't quite look like anything else on the road. I doubt many would describe it as "slab-sided." The rear three quarters, on the sides, greenhouse and roof, are so unique as to be a bit polarizing. It will be interesting to see how the final version comes out. The camo shots don't give any sense of the overall look.

also, the prototype has an all glass roof, very different from the Flex in that its one sheet of glass from the windshield back to the start of the 3rd row seats.

Ouch, I'd hate to see the bill if that sucker got a crack or chip in it.

Have you seen the MKT concept? Without the camo, this vehicle doesn't quite look like anything else on the road. I doubt many would describe it as "slab-sided." The rear three quarters, on the sides, greenhouse and roof, are so unique as to be a bit polarizing. It will be interesting to see how the final version comes out. The camo shots don't give any sense of the overall look.

I've seen the concept, and liked it overall. Sure there were areas that I wasn't impressed with, but those could always be ironed out. As stated, the camo padding may be throwing me off, which it has in the past. Just going off what I can decipher from the images, which personally leaves me underwhelmed. As with all camo images, I post my initial impressions, but hold off making any final judgement until I can see the production model on the road.

A touch and feel as well as walk around is always better than any images. Examples are the new Malibu and new Maxima. From the commericals and initial pictures, I thought the Malibu was going to be a good looking ride. After its release, seeing them on the road and conducting a walk around, I was extremely dissappointed. Style doesn't look nearly as good as the initial pics/commercials and the overall quality is well below my impressions from these pics. The Maxima looked horrible in all the pics I viewed and I completely disliked it. Once I saw them on the road and looked at one at the local Nissan dealership, my view was changed. Now the Maxima style I don't like as much as the out going model, but it is a lot better than I had assumed and not nearly as bad as the new Acura styles. Quality is typical Nissan though, some features being well thought out and placed, but flimsy sheet metal and less than steller materials used all over. Wife has an '04 Altima and the quality of the Maxima is better, but not much better.

Look at how well all of those interior pieces fit ogether! *snorts*

Eh, that was pretty top-notch fit and finish for 1993, when it first showed up in showrooms. Soft-touch dash, no exposed screws (two things which certainly can't be said about the interior that preceded it). The fact that it stuck around for over a decade was the only real problem with it.

Eh, that was pretty top-notch fit and finish for 1993, when it first showed up in showrooms. Soft-touch dash, no exposed screws (two things which certainly can't be said about the interior that preceded it). The fact that it stuck around for over a decade was the only real problem with it.

This is actually the update version of the dash introduced in 1994. The car cam with a 3rd clock binnacle on top of the dash.

94gtinterior.jpg

Here is the newest...same amateurish photo quality ;)

gt-interior.jpg

I do like the current design, but the material quality is the worst I've seen beyond the Ford Ranger and Crown Victoria.

Edited by BORG

This is actually the update version of the dash introduced in 1994. The car cam with a 3rd clock binnacle on top of the dash.

I wouldn't really consider removing a clock and changing from a twin single DIN audio setup to a single double DIN audio setup an "update". Oh yeah, they changed the cupholders too. Oooooo.

Even the '10 Fusion interior changes look much more substantial....still not enough in my opinion, but at least it won't be in the car for 10 years.

The '10 Mustang will have a foam IP. "Soft Touch" as you call it. Nice piece. Its is an evolution of the 05-08 IP. But softer.

Look at how well all of those interior pieces fit ogether! *snorts*

My mom has an 02 Mustang. It drives me crazy how poorly the shifter bezel trim area lines up to the rest of the dash.

oh, the clock pod went away in 1997 as did the leather shifter handle on the auto trans models.

For many years, specially in the 90's, many of Fords interiors were rated high because of their quality/materials. Shocking I know, but let's take some of the competition at that time, which was poor at that. Most compliments were made to Ford and Toyota interiors. I can remember numerous reviews of certain vehicles, like the Explorer/Ranger, 96 Taurus, Mark8, Conti's, that at THAT time were considered great interiors.

Obviously, in the case of the prior Mustang, and current Ranger...the design has been carried through, while the competition has gotten much better. Even with the current Mustang...it had decent remarks for it's interior when it debuted in '05, but now it would be critisized since everyone else has improved.

For many years, specially in the 90's, many of Fords interiors were rated high because of their quality/materials. Shocking I know, but let's take some of the competition at that time, which was poor at that. Most compliments were made to Ford and Toyota interiors. I can remember numerous reviews of certain vehicles, like the Explorer/Ranger, 96 Taurus, Mark8, Conti's, that at THAT time were considered great interiors.

Obviously, in the case of the prior Mustang, and current Ranger...the design has been carried through, while the competition has gotten much better. Even with the current Mustang...it had decent remarks for it's interior when it debuted in '05, but now it would be critisized since everyone else has improved.

I agree! My 1994 Probe GT had a very nice interior, nicely built with only the steering column being really cheap plastic. I sure miss that car..had it for 12 years and 105,000 miles until a woman ran a red light and took us out! It was the limited edition Wild Orchid feature car too, quite rare and unique in its color (purple) and interior trim. I miss all those cool colors Ford and others offered back in the 1990's...

I know someone who was also t-boned by someone who took the red light. Nothing happened to the guy the person who ran the light, till my friend went at it with a bat. Hm, one year probation after some broken bones...to this day, AND at court, said it was ALL WORTH IT! ....