Driven: Fords New Fiesta

ANTAUS

Thanks for that Deanh, l can see why Toyota sales are plunging bigtime in Europe at the moment they are ripping us off, you dont see all that many Toyotas or Pricey's on our roads you must have noticed that when you had your trip to Ireland l bet you never noticed a single Camry?

if they were 41k here they wouldn't sell either....but the same could be said for a high 20k eco Fiesta as well...remember...America kind of lives in its own bubble...it got pretty well popped when gas hit $4.50 and we all witnessed the panic/ reaction.....we pretty much tasted what Euro has been dealing with for decades......and no not one camry...hell I never saw any Prius's either...TONS of Focus, small Opels etc....biggest engined car I saw in the Luxury ? market was a 3.0 litre BMW...wait for it...diesel!

Edited by Deanh

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the trigger was LSFan's moronic suggestion that because the EU engines were not coming to the US, the product was being "dumbed-down". LS is an ignorant moron, who should have known about US diesel emissions regulations. So, P-71 dives in on LS's moron statement, with glee, and the whole mess starts up with his statement that other manufacturers have emissions-legal diesels. Of course, he doesn't mention that the B-segment has no US diesels, and isn't going to get any. The essence of trollage.

That might be a good plan.

Either that, or just ban the 2-3 people who seem determined to turn every thread into a big ol steaming pile of poop.

See, Ford vehicles are my passion. This site has always been my favorite, since it does not seem to be populated by a majority of blindly brand biased apologists........... like the GM sites are. Also, a competitors vehicle can usually be talked about, without everyone talking about how badly it sucks, just because it isn't a Ford.

In other words, this site seemed more mature. I enjoyed the good natured bantering, and the car discussion. There are actually a lot of intelligent people here.

Not anymore. Now, I have to weed through the murk of stupidity just to filter out a little bit of information.

It just gets old. The problem is, where else do I go, to get my Ford info............ without all the BS???

Either that, or just ban the 2-3 people who seem determined to turn every thread into a big ol steaming pile of poop.

See, Ford vehicles are my passion. This site has always been my favorite, since it does not seem to be populated by a majority of blindly brand biased apologists........... like the GM sites are. Also, a competitors vehicle can usually be talked about, without everyone talking about how badly it sucks, just because it isn't a Ford.

In other words, this site seemed more mature. I enjoyed the good natured bantering, and the car discussion. There are actually a lot of intelligent people here.

Not anymore. Now, I have to weed through the murk of stupidity just to filter out a little bit of information.

It just gets old. The problem is, where else do I go, to get my Ford info............ without all the BS???

Its great to see you care about Ford, here is something intelligent that shows sadly how Ford is in deline in the UK its market share has declined by 50% since 1981 it was written by Steven Tolliday from the school of history, Leeds University.

http://beagle.u-bordeaux4.fr/ifrede/Ford/P...20vol%202_1.pdf

do what I do...ignore a lot but enjoy the sheer audacity of some of the profoundly bizarre posts then utilize said comments as a conduit for unbridled pent up sarcasm, the result of dealing with similar beleifs and logic from a minority of the public dealt with on a day to day basis..note the word "minority"....and I still have a visual of "between P and Jelly'...sounds like illegal underground mudwrestling frequented by retired judges.

Its great to see you care about Ford, here is something intelligent that shows sadly how Ford is in deline in the UK its market share has declined by 50% since 1981 it was written by Steven Tolliday from the school of history, Leeds University.

http://beagle.u-bordeaux4.fr/ifrede/Ford/P...20vol%202_1.pdf

Jelly...realize also that the competition has quadrupled...has to be expected to an extent...hell, everytime I look around there is a new nameplate inquiring about the US....and the pie gets smaller....

Edited by Deanh

Jelly...realize also that the competition has quadrupled...has to be expected to an extent...hell, everytime I look around there is a new nameplate inquiring about the US....and the pie gets smaller....

Let's also not forget that even while certain someones hate FoE's current lineup, IT IS MAKING MONEY.

Dean............ LOL !!!!

I like to do that also. But............. I do actually like to talk about the subject matter sometimes. It has practically gotten impossible to do that here.

In regards to the sarcasm thing, well............... P responds better. Jelly never answers anything.

<OT WARNING>

frivolous frippery.

Holy Hell! That right there would get catchphrase of the year, if only one could say it ten times fast...

Heck, even in my head I trip over the third or fourth attempt...! "fribbolus frvvery"

<END OT WARNING>

The more I see the Fiesta, the more I like it. Heck I'd probably even quit my harping on the lack of a US 5-door at launch. I don't even care about the US/Euro-spec (de)contenting. What a cool little go-kart regardless! If this doesn't obtain a pseudo-cult following like the Mini and xB, I'll be amazed.

Edited by goingincirclez

The more I see the Fiesta, the more I like it. Heck I'd probably even quit my harping on the lack of a US 5-door at launch. I don't even care about the US/Euro-spec (de)contenting. What a cool little go-kart regardless! If this doesn't obtain a pseudo-cult following like the Mini and xB, I'll be amazed.

The US will get the 5-door at launch. I doubt there will be much decontenting going on either, unless you call us not getting a diesel "decontenting". But let's not go down that road again. It might lose the keyless start...might. I wouldn't be shocked if it actually hung around as an option.

Is it just me or are Borgs photos not working?

Nope. Not just you.