Edmunds Buys a Flex

ANTAUS

The Ford Edge replaced the Windstar and Freestar, both in market segment and on the assembly line. ... But a crossover can't be a people-packing minivan.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yahoo: :banana piano: :banvictory: :party2: :bandance: :yahoo: :banvictory: :party2: :roses: :party: :bandance: :banvictory: :yahoo: :party2: :happy feet:

Edmunds, you're the worst review site ever!

Edited by RichardJensen

Does it take you alot of time to do that???

LOL

Kind of enjoying Edmunds lately huh???

A funny for you. They really did not like the new Focus in their review. However, when you look at the owners comments for the car............... they are glowing. Everyone loves their car. They love the styling, they love the ride, they love Sync, and they love the value. It is so funny, because it completely contradicts the review. How amazing............... the buyers love the car.

"When you're behind the wheel, the Flex feels low to the ground and comfortably sure-footed, kind of like a really big Ford Taurus, only good"

OUCH! Being a Taurus booster, I take that personally.

Richard, you must have hit some overrides to post that many emoticons. We lowly mortals are limited to something like... 15.

n/m, I guess you just chose your icons wisely.

Edited by Noah Harbinger

No, Chrysler will soon be rebadging Town and Countries for VW so they can market a minivans (the Touran or somesuch).

And, as an owner of the current generation Sienna (with the 3.5L, not the older 3.3L) I can tell you from personal experience that my highly inefficient driving wife gets 18.5 mpg in the city and I get 26 mpg on the highway (at 75 mph) with a fully loaded van (i.e. all the kids and a weekend's worth of luggage). Granted, the Flex likely overachieves, but, the Sienna is deffinitely no slouch.

I wish they explained how they managed to get $4422.00 knocked off the sticker on a newly released model.

I think they did, a good haggling session:

The sticker says $42,080 but thanks to a sluggish economy, high gas prices and a highly competitive market (not to mention a silver tongue when it comes to bargaining), we wrote a check for $37,658 and left with a shiny new 2009 Ford Flex Limited.

I wish they explained how they managed to get $4422.00 knocked off the sticker on a newly released model.

There's actually a $2000 loyalty rebate on the Flex right now if you own a '95 or newer Ford. I'm sure Edmunds probibly has another Ford in their fleet that got them that. I'm sure it was factored in, because there just isn't that much markup in these things. That loyalty money is good even if you're not trading the other car in. Just has to be registered to you. Something to consider if you're looking at one of these.