Ford Flex Flopping

BORG

It's only flopping because the cost of labor to produce what would be a $18,000. car produced in japon or any other country. also the gas milage compared to a scion xb is less . I use my xb as a rolling office complete with computer,stand and a printer . I like the boxie shape of the scion because it makes a great rolling buildboard for my company and being 6'1 200 lbs I needed leg room . Same reason I like the flex and its bigger. I could see paying what they want for it if only it where a hybrid or got better milage. I average 110-150 miles aday all on back roads and within 2o miles of my home I needed a vehicle that gets good milage makes a good build board and is comfortable to drive the flex almost made it .

Hmmm last time I looked at the Honda/Toyota dealer ships there car's were far from cheap. The car is yes overpriced because the company wants to make 15kus per vehicle profit.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't be the 1998 styling of the Town Car, eh? But you're right....maybe Ford needs to spice up the Town Car commercials.....oops wait a min....

Obviously it needs to be restated what a FAILure the D3s are and continue to be with EVERY new incarnation. Of course, the BON :cheerleader: s continue to be totally oblivious to it.

I personally don't have an issue with the Flex, it's not horrid or anything. It's just not..."original"....like...at all. I've said it before, it's done up like a lowered Range Rover with a mini-Cooper paint scheme. Personally, I think if it was priced around $25K instead of the current $40K, and offered sliding doors, it would rock the minivan world that it should be targeting, instead of the Explorer world that it fails miserably against. But that's just my .02 cents.

I do need another FAIL pic, the aforementioned just fits SO well though. I got 1500 more on hand to choose from. :happy feet:

um...it can be bought for close to 25k...so what the hell is your point?.....

I've been a critic of the Flex since they dropped the suicide doors from the prototype,and I saw the dealer pricing. I really want this vehicle to be a success,hopefully it will catch on and the economy will get some traction.

If it had suicide doors, where would the required by law B pillar go? And if door accidently comes open at speed with kids in back seat, where do you think the door is going to go. Rumble seats were cool too and so were hardtops, but our government outlawed them.

define failed...

anything NOT Body on frame, anything FWD, alone with anything unable to tow, brakestand get 40mpgs costs more than 20k, has anything other than a V8, be able to sustain a 75 mph rear impact, hasn't been around for decades to attain bug free status, be sold fleet only and intimidate people when seen in the rear veiw mirror.......

you sure?...witness F-150 supercab.........or even the FJ Toyota....

Did you ever wonder why Hardtops disappeared many years ago? It was a great look with missing B pillar. Sedans were boring, but hartops were cool. My '62 Ford Galaxie 500 that I had in college was a hardtop, and liked the look with windows down. The B pillar forces every vehicle to be a sedan. Not sure how convertibles got around it. My Mustang 5L Convertible was technically a hardtop.

Did you ever wonder why Hardtops disappeared many years ago? It was a great look with missing B pillar. Sedans were boring, but hartops were cool. My '62 Ford Galaxie 500 that I had in college was a hardtop, and liked the look with windows down. The B pillar forces every vehicle to be a sedan. Not sure how convertibles got around it. My Mustang 5L Convertible was technically a hardtop.

More bracing in the doors and floorpan. It's not impossible or illegal.

Jesus, P. Just stop it. Some one logs in to a Ford forum, and says they like Fords, and you jump all over them right off the bat. I'm real sure belittling them on their first few posts is real productive to keeping someone around with maybe something worth saying. You just sit here and bitch at anything anybody says all day. Quit your whining and bickering, get the sand out of your vagina, and in the words of my mother:"If you don't have anything to say, don't say anything at all." This forum has turned into the argue with the same three douchebags all day long show, and it's gotta stop. Any information shared here amongst us turns into the Armada-P71 attention getting, how can I argue that the sky is red bitchfest. It's ok if mommy didn't pay enough attention to you, but we shouldn't have to listen to you cry all day. Just. Stop. And no, I'm not one bit surprised that you get your rocks off in your Crown Vic because people think you're a cop. Not ONE bit. :banghead:

Jesus, P. Just stop it. Some one logs in to a Ford forum, and says they like Fords, and you jump all over them right off the bat. I'm real sure belittling them on their first few posts is real productive to keeping someone around with maybe something worth saying. You just sit here and bitch at anything anybody says all day. Quit your whining and bickering, get the sand out of your vagina, and in the words of my mother:"If you don't have anything to say, don't say anything at all." This forum has turned into the argue with the same three douchebags all day long show, and it's gotta stop. Any information shared here amongst us turns into the Armada-P71 attention getting, how can I argue that the sky is red bitchfest. It's ok if mommy didn't pay enough attention to you, but we shouldn't have to listen to you cry all day. Just. Stop. And no, I'm not one bit surprised that you get your rocks off in your Crown Vic because people think you're a cop. Not ONE bit. :banghead:

Cheif not um smoking peace pipe....