Ford spills beans on 2011 fiesta - posts official preview website!!!!

igor

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever challenged me on my "thank your congress quote" - Congress approves foreign trade treaties - it makes no sense that Brazil can import freely into US, but US built products have about 10-20% import tarriff on them - we are the biggest consumer in the world - we should have import tarriffs - we are such a desirable market for foreign producers, we can dictate our conditions - which is why it makes NO SENSE - that US has so fre export opportunities - Congress was paid off not to care about it and it is hurting America more than the mortgage crisis, because it is costing US tens of thousands of jobs.

Igor

I'll take restricted trade over even more restricted trade any day of the week because the net effect a nation rasing tariffs is less jobs not more, no change to net exports and less output (ie: less jobs, hence raising tariffs would cause economic damage akin to the morgage crisis). Tariffs are good for the industries that are granted monopoly power through protection but everyone else in their nation pays for monopoly profits and then some.

We don't have it that bad.

You are so right.

There will not be any bread lines, this is still the land of opportunity. We need to get these Former autoworkers back to work, building bridges, power plants, windmills, solar power cells, and the next gen power grid to make it work.

Back to the original topic, is Ford still planning to offer a sedan version of the Fiesta here? I saw the Verve sedan at the NAIAS last year and I still think it looks better than the hatch-backs.

As far as I know yes. They mentioned the 4-door in the press release back in June and last week's press release from China also said the sedan would be available in North America. I think they're showcasing the Hatchback because its generating more enthusiasm on the web right now. But I agree with you, the sedan looks better.

As far as I know yes. They mentioned the 4-door in the press release back in June and last week's press release from China also said the sedan would be available in North America. I think they're showcasing the Hatchback because its generating more enthusiasm on the web right now. But I agree with you, the sedan looks better.

Yikes! The photos on the Ford site of the Chinese sedan don't look nearly as good as the Verve. Those wheel arches look like ass in comparison. Should have left well enough alone IMO.

post-22574-1227403239_thumb.jpg

I dont really care for having the power window/door lock buttons right under the stereo buttons. You know how many people will reach for the door, trying to figure it out.

We have the same issue with our BMW....seems like a European thing to put the lock/unlock buttons there.

One thing I forgot to mention earlier. SYNC will be available. While that in itself may not be big news, I wonder if that means SYNC could/will 'jump the pond' over into Europe sometime soon?

yes - it could not until now, but FIAT's exclusivity agreement for EU ends (or actually has ended). The KA already has the SYNC. (which is funny, since the KA is actually a Fiat product)

Igor

Edited by igor

yes - it could not until now, but fiet'a exclusivity agreement for EU ends (or actually has ended). The KA already has the SYNC. (which is funny, since the KA is actually a Fiat product)

Igor

Interesting...didn't know it had already made the jump....I knew Fiat had it, but not a Euro Ford. So can I assume it would spread throughout the lineup over there over the next few years, especially with new global products?

Seeing as you have a very low post count, I will assume that you did not see the US version.

The US version looks just like the European version, except the top grille is a little bit larger, and the bottom grille is a little bit smaller.

Thats it.

I have a feeling we'll see other changes though (more to pieces used rather than the design). For example, my guess would be we won't see projector headlights, but who knows, we may.

Edited by rmc523

I have a feeling we'll see other changes though (more to pieces used rather than the design). For example, my guess would be we won't see projector headlights, but who knows, we may.

you do realize that the projector headlamps (and HID headlamps) as well as the push-button power etc are optional even in EU - I know the moment Ford reveals the Fiesta people will compare the 22k Titanium version from Europe with $13k base line in US and bitch about "changes" - the 413k base from europe- at the same time will be MUCH more similar ..

Igor

you do realize that the projector headlamps (and HID headlamps) as well as the push-button power etc are optional even in EU - I know the moment Ford reveals the Fiesta people will compare the 22k Titanium version from Europe with $13k base line in US and bitch about "changes" - the 413k base from europe- at the same time will be MUCH more similar ..

Igor

Hmmm, suppose I didn't realize that.....well, maybe those goodies will be optional here too.

rofl .. I think 80% of USA could do a better job in there than the douches that sit there fat and bald ..

the US congress disgusts me ..

igor

Well... they are asked to be experts on thousands of issues, none of which they have training in. Unfortunately you can't elect individuals and restrict them to their own skill set. You just have to trust them (or not) to hire a good staff.

Well... they are asked to be experts on thousands of issues, none of which they have training in. Unfortunately you can't elect individuals and restrict them to their own skill set. You just have to trust them (or not) to hire a good staff.

Hey, don't try to be rational about government, it just makes everyone hate you.