2010 Taurus with almost no camo

TomServo92

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The single biggest change I see is the lack of a C-pillar window. Without that, it looks more to me like an oversized Fusion. And yes, more Camry-like... could be a good thing, could be bad. To be honest the front does not seem as "racy" or bold as the early concept/fuzzyspy shots were, and is a bit of a letdown. And it's hard to extrapolate the rear fascia design from what of the taillights is visible.

But I agree the beltline and stance looks improved. One small design tweak I would like to see is to put the fender vent in-line with the door handles, to make the design look cohesive. I understant that shot it of a mule and all, and the one present might even be for cooling tests, but it looks like more of an afterthought than the current model's.

The single biggest change I see is the lack of a C-pillar window. Without that, it looks more to me like an oversized Fusion. And yes, more Camry-like... could be a good thing, could be bad. To be honest the front does not seem as "racy" or bold as the early concept/fuzzyspy shots were, and is a bit of a letdown. And it's hard to extrapolate the rear fascia design from what of the taillights is visible.

But I agree the beltline and stance looks improved. One small design tweak I would like to see is to put the fender vent in-line with the door handles, to make the design look cohesive. I understant that shot it of a mule and all, and the one present might even be for cooling tests, but it looks like more of an afterthought than the current model's.

You're avatar is the bomb :hysterical:

I can see people seeing some similarities with the Camry:

2007_Toyota_Camry_Hybrid_01.jpg

2010Taurus.jpg

But there's only huge, glaring difference... the Camry looks like shit.

I'm loving Ford's new trend in lower fascias.

Oh dear, Ford even copied the wheels! Yeah, this is a Ford Camry, it makes sense now.

I prefer they keep it simple and elegant....unlike what they did to the 2010 Mustang's loopy droopy tail lights!
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it will become apparent as time goes on the the 2010 Mustang's "loopy droopy" tail lights are classically elegant. I expect them to become a lasting mustang styling trait for generations to come.

bottom line is it looks a ton better than the current Taurus, to me looks nothing like a Camry but then how many years did the Camry take styling cures from the past Taurus? Plenty of times. Give Ford it's props with going to a different direction than others. I like, it's good and I can see some future refreshes than can make it better than it will be.

I can see people seeing some

2010Taurus.jpg

But there's only huge, glaring difference... the Camry looks like shit.

I'm loving Ford's new trend in lower fascias.

While some see Mondeo I see some high series Falcon there too:

112_0804_05z%202008_ford_falcon_G6E_turbo%20front_three_quarter_view.jpg

Edited by jpd80

It's interesting to see how the design has evolved since the clay model was photographed. The production car has the power-dome hood a'la 2010 Fusion instead of the creased hood a'la Lincoln. The headlights are also longer and more flush to the bumper. The lower fascia and grille also changed moderately.

I can see now that there is some camo tape around the tail-lights, just like they did with the Fusion prototypes. My guess is that they are hiding a stepped design just like the Fusion. I hope the design is ultimately more interesting than that square shape; my main gripe with the design may be a trick ;).

I'm looking forward to this car, the first new Ford brand car since the Edge that has really hit all the right buttons for me. It's really hard to pin down Ford on a good all around design.

Edited by BORG

One small design tweak I would like to see is to put the fender vent in-line with the door handles, to make the design look cohesive. I understant that shot it of a mule and all, and the one present might even be for cooling tests, but it looks like more of an afterthought than the current model's.

I highly agree with you about the vent.

In these older photos from last summer, you can see more tail light details. It appears they're sort of a cross between the Interceptors tail lamps and the new Mazda6's. They are more horizontal/rectangular than vertical/square like the previously mentioned Audi A6.

post-20193-1229762731_thumb.jpg

post-20193-1229762793_thumb.jpg

Edited by hbalek

2007_Toyota_Camry_Hybrid_01.jpg

2010Taurus.jpg

Thank you for saving me from having to point this one out. poopstormretarded.gif

I guess it figures the MKTaurus looks Lexus-y so the actual Taurus should look Camry...uh...y.

And I think the most troubling thing is it still looks better than the 2008 Taurus. How about those A/C vents? They're HUGE! Look like they belong on the front of a window unit.

Edited by Armada Master

Thank you for saving me from having to point this one out. poopstormretarded.gif

I guess it figures the MKTaurus looks Lexus-y so the actual Taurus should look Camry...uh...y.

And I think the most troubling thing is it still looks better than the 2008 Taurus. How about those A/C vents? They're HUGE! Look like they belong on the front of a window unit.

P-71 give it a F#)king break LOL!

It'll be a matter of execution and detail. It'll be fine.

There isn't a line or contour that is shared with the Camry OR Lexus. Get over it. If anything it's more Audi or Infiniti in concept/execution.

Edited by timmm55