2010 Taurus with almost no camo

TomServo92

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good ol' GRWD speculation, AU will get D3, same as everyone else.

We've only just started this Falcon production cycle, a replacement won't be needed until 2013.

By then D3 and Panther will be no more and Falcon will have outlived two more internal competitors.

That group of shots looks much better than the other. Must be the kick a$$ wheels...

Agreed! Something about the 1st link and set of pics didn't set with me right. This most recent link with images make it look much better, whether it's the rims/tires or less camo or something. Still will need to see it completely naked in person before I can make a decision on whether or not I truly like it.

A thing to note is that the lighting seems to be better, as well as the picture appears to have been taken closer, so you can see more of the details, whereas on the other one, you couldn't really make anything out except basic shapes and lines.

Yeah, these are better pics. As someone already stated, it has much nicer wheels, too. I'm looking forward to seeing it without camo.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/12/22/spy-sho...uised-interior/

Here are some new spy shots, with some more pictures of the interior - which is completely undisguised.

These are much better spy shots. One thing for sure, that macaroni-patterned disguise does a good job of throwing your eyes off.

I remember reading a report in one of the car magazines about the guy who is responsible for disguising pre-production autos. That is his entire job and his company is used by more than one auto manufacturer. That would be an interesting job.

It's absolutely GORGEOUS! Look at that interior! OMG! I LOVE IT! Those are the sharpest wheels I have ever seen! I think I may just need to give up the Lincoln ghost and go for this bad boy! I'm still a bit worried about that bum and the tail-lamps, but they are partial disguised so it's hard to tell the shape. I wish the Fusion could have gotten this type of complete reskin, it would have done wonders if it looked anything like this.

I really like the return of that rolling belt-line, much nicer than than slab-sides. Overall the design is MUCH leaner, looks much less like a fishbowl on four wheels.

Edited by BORG

I think it's curious that they 'fogged out' the entire background.

These aren't the first pictures like that. They do it when 1. the spy photographers take shots in lesser known locations they want kept secret and 2. private property. There are definitely places in Dearborn that are Ford property yet easily accessible to the public. A summer working down on Oakwood made my realize you can get away with a LOT if you act like you belong there.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/12/22/spy-sho...uised-interior/

Here are some new spy shots, with some more pictures of the interior - which is completely undisguised.

This Taurus looks VERY VERY good. The exterior is clean and tasteful without being boring, and the interior is stunning. I really think Ford is going to sell alot of these. From these shots, it looks like Ford has returned the Taurus to the proud nameplate it used to be, and more. Congratulations, Ford! Can't wait for the formal intro in Detroit. I have had several people tell me recently that when they are in a position to buy a new car, they will go to Ford first because (1) they didn't accept the bailout $$, and (2) Ford is really developing desirable vehicles now and on the near horizon.

:happy feet:

Edited by 89-Pony

Meh - I don't like small windows and high door sills. Other than that, it looks like everything else to me - remove the badges and the average Joe would never notice it.

Interior looks nice, but I want a bench seat in my next car - maybe I'm the only one, but it is my money, so if I have to settle for something I don't really want, I may as well buy nothing.