Slammin' the SHO on TTAC

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P71_CrownVic :

March 27th, 2009 at 4:04 pm

The Malibu is the better car. Mainly because of looks. Ford really has to ditch this unhealthy obsession with the three bar grille. It looks terrible on the Fusion…and everything else that has worn it.

The pricing is all wrong as well. 33K for a loaded, mid-sized Ford??? Hello Ford…you are not Toyota or Honda…you cannot charge those kind of prices for your products.

And a 6 year old Focus called…it wants it's back end returned.

P71_CrownVic :

March 28th, 2009 at 2:43 pm

As far as pricing goes, I agree that if the domestics are going to be competitive it is imperative that the huge rebates and discounts from MSRP stop. The 2010 Fusion is just as good if not better than the Camry/Accord, so pricing it to compete makes sense. Ford is not going to recover by playing Hyundai pricing tactics.

I can see where one would think that, but here is the sad truth.

The 2010 Fusion is a reskin. It is a carry-over car that has received slight tweaks for the new model year. The core Fusion is the same car that we have seen for years. It still has SYNC, it still has AWD, it still has awkward styling, etc.

The 2010 model will not do much to boost the Fusion’s overall sales. And the reason for that is very simple; Ford overcharges for their products. We saw that with the Flex, MKTauruS, and we will see that with the Fusion. Looking at the sales numbers, the VAST majority of people would rather pay MORE and get LESS for a Honda or Toyota than spend the same amount on a Ford. People don’t car that they would be getting a few more electronic gimmicks on the Fusion, they refuse to spend that kind of money on a Ford…and rightly so. Ford completely forgot how to build a competitive car in the late 90’s and most of the 2000s. Meanwhile, Toyota and Honda kept quiet and continued to build a solid customer base and providing value in a way where now…even though the new Fusion and Malibu are better cars, people are not willing to pay the same prices. People are speaking with their money…and they prefer the Camry, Accord, and Malibu over the Fusion.

Edited by Critic

P71_CrownVic :

March 27th, 2009 at 4:04 pm

The Malibu is the better car. Mainly because of looks. Ford really has to ditch this unhealthy obsession with the three bar grille. It looks terrible on the Fusion…and everything else that has worn it.

The pricing is all wrong as well. 33K for a loaded, mid-sized Ford??? Hello Ford…you are not Toyota or Honda…you cannot charge those kind of prices for your products.

And a 6 year old Focus called…it wants it's back end returned.

P71_CrownVic :

March 28th, 2009 at 2:43 pm

As far as pricing goes, I agree that if the domestics are going to be competitive it is imperative that the huge rebates and discounts from MSRP stop. The 2010 Fusion is just as good if not better than the Camry/Accord, so pricing it to compete makes sense. Ford is not going to recover by playing Hyundai pricing tactics.

I can see where one would think that, but here is the sad truth.

The 2010 Fusion is a reskin. It is a carry-over car that has received slight tweaks for the new model year. The core Fusion is the same car that we have seen for years. It still has SYNC, it still has AWD, it still has awkward styling, etc.

The 2010 model will not do much to boost the Fusion’s overall sales. And the reason for that is very simple; Ford overcharges for their products. We saw that with the Flex, MKTauruS, and we will see that with the Fusion. Looking at the sales numbers, the VAST majority of people would rather pay MORE and get LESS for a Honda or Toyota than spend the same amount on a Ford. People don’t car that they would be getting a few more electronic gimmicks on the Fusion, they refuse to spend that kind of money on a Ford…and rightly so. Ford completely forgot how to build a competitive car in the late 90’s and most of the 2000s. Meanwhile, Toyota and Honda kept quiet and continued to build a solid customer base and providing value in a way where now…even though the new Fusion and Malibu are better cars, people are not willing to pay the same prices. People are speaking with their money…and they prefer the Camry, Accord, and Malibu over the Fusion.

epic_fail2.jpg

P71_CrownVic :

March 27th, 2009 at 4:01 pm

I think this so called SHO is another half-assed attempt from Ford.

It does NOT have a Yamaha engine

It is NOT affordable.

It does NOT offer a manual

It is NOT the groundbreaking car the 1989 SHO was

You MUST have AWD (the correct way would have been RWD)

And it is NOT efficient. The G8 GT has V8 power from it’s V8 powerplant, and gets the SAME mileage as the V6 powered SHO. Ford is dreaming if they think that this silly Ecoboost nonsense is efficient. It simply is not.

GM has more efficient pushrod engines…

P71_CrownVic :

March 28th, 2009 at 1:18 pm

Why doesn’t the SHO offer the Yamaha 4.4L V8 like the S80?

Because Ford does not have the first clue on how to make an efficient engine. GM gets the same gas mileage out of a 6.0 V8, that Ford does out of a 3.5 V6.

My loaded crew cab Silverado with the 5.3 and 3.42 rear gears gets the same mileage as my previous Ford Crown Vic with a 4.6 V8 and 3.27 rear gears.

There is ZERO reason as to why the Lincoln MKTaurus and new (faux) SHO do not have V8s.

------------------------------------------------

He has the audience he has always wanted.

Sup,

Why are we giving this poster child for birth control any cred here. He is stupid, a liar, uninformed, uneducated, and just has a hate on for Ford. This topic should be closed, I feel dirty just being in here. This f*** should go gargle on the diarrhea his mom forgot to wipe off the toilet and then wash it down with what is leaking from his backside after his dad got done with him. Close this so we do not have to suffer, if I wanted to hear a retard I would watch an episode of "Life goes On"

Skape

Edited by SkapeGote

Fer chrissakes, why don't we just erect a monument to that clown on this site? I mean you ban the guy, but then actively troll for and repost his garbage here? WTF is that about? Is he banned for real? Or all you all going to continue assisting his perverse pleasures? I imagine he's fapping at all the attention he still gets here months later (he can lurk after all). He's PWNED you all all every time you go through the trouble to repost, redirect, and discuss his tripe back here on this site. So can we all quit looking like fools for a while? Or why not just unban him already?

Edited by goingincirclez

Sup,

Why are we giving this poster child for birth control any cred here. He is stupid, a liar, uninformed, uneducated, and just has a hate on for Ford. This topic should be closed, I feel dirty just being in here. This f*** should go gargle on the diarrhea his mom forgot to wipe off the toilet and then wash it down with what is leaking from his backside after his dad got done with him. Close this so we do not have to suffer, if I wanted to hear a retard I would watch an episode of "Life goes On"

Skape

:hysterical::hysterical: But how do you really feel?

Fer chrissakes, why don't we just erect a monument to that clown on this site? I mean you ban the guy, but then actively troll for and repost his garbage here? WTF is that about? Is he banned for real? Or all you all going to continue assisting his perverse pleasures? I imagine he's fapping at all the attention he still gets here months later (he can lurk after all). He's PWNED you all all every time you go through the trouble to repost, redirect, and discuss his tripe back here on this site. So can we all quit looking like fools for a while? Or why not just unban him already?

I agree. We should move on and quite dwelling on his moronic posts.

Edited by TomServo92

Wow, and comparing a large car, to a compact 335i...amazing the amount of inaccurate and inconsistent rhetoric people seem to post. I mean, just say "I dont like it"...but to try to justify a position by using half truths and misinformation is just reckless.

I just don't get why they didn't upgrade the brakes, sporty cars costing 10k less come with nice stuff such as Brembo's, and the brakes on the pedestrian version have had complaints, with all that power they are using the same brakes??

Um care to back that up?

Gotta love this one from our own Taxman 100 he posted:

Ford’s obsession with the D3 platform caused them to starve their real moneymaking, unique product - the Panther platform.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Sup,

I don't know why people are complaining about the price, I mean seriously. According to this article Aformentioned article here the SHO cost about $24,000 dollar. Pretty hefty for the time.

Now if you go here Inflation Calculator and use this inflation Calculator, input $24,000 in 1989 you get $41069.61. Now I have checked this against several inflation calculators. I have gotten number from $37,000 - $42,000 dollars. So would someone tell me why everyone is complaining about the price. It is on par with 1989 - 90.

Skape

Sup,

I don't know why people are complaining about the price, I mean seriously. According to this article Aformentioned article here the SHO cost about $24,000 dollar. Pretty hefty for the time.

Now if you go here Inflation Calculator and use this inflation Calculator, input $24,000 in 1989 you get $41069.61. Now I have checked this against several inflation calculators. I have gotten number from $37,000 - $42,000 dollars. So would someone tell me why everyone is complaining about the price. It is on par with 1989 - 90.

Skape

Heck, I recall seeing SHO's peaking over $30,000 in 1998. That comes out to about $39,000 or so in today's dollars using the calculator you provided. Sounds about right to me.

Edited by NickF1011