Ford Motor Company April 2009 Sales

Ford Motor Company Press Release.

Yahoo.

Add fusion, milan and MKZ you get 22,600. Times 12 = 270,000. Look over your shoulder competition!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FORD GAINS RETAIL SHARE AS FUSION SETS SALES RECORD

* Ford gains retail share – for the sixth time in last seven months

* Ford Fusion sets monthly sales record and grows strength in mid-size car segment

* Ford hybrids combine to eclipse year-ago sales; Kelley Blue Book names Fusion Hybrid and Escape Hybrid to Top 10 Green Cars list

* Ford, Lincoln and Mercury sales totaled 129,898

Download Full Sales Release

Soundbites: April 2009 Sales

DEARBORN, Mich., May 1, 2009 – New, fuel-efficient products and quality on par with the best in the industry helped Ford increase retail market share in April – the sixth time in the last seven months that Ford’s share of the retail market was higher than a year ago.

In April, the Ford Fusion paced the share performance. Fusion sales totaled 18,321, a record for any month. April was the first full month of sales for the redesigned 2010 model and the new Fusion Hybrid version, and April is believed to be the first month that Fusion was among the top three-selling mid-size sedans. Recent independent studies rate Fusion and the Mercury Milan – the most fuel-efficient mid-size sedans in America – as having the best predicted reliability among all mid-size sedans.

“We continue to operate in a very challenging economic and competitive environment,” said Ken Czubay, Ford vice president, Sales and Marketing. “Especially given this external environment, we’re very encouraged by the consumer response to our new mid-size sedans.”

“Sales of the 2010 Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan, Lincoln MKZ and hybrid versions exceeded our plan and customers also are equipping our new products with levels of content and features that are higher than we expected,” he added. “This suggests consumers view our high-quality, fuel-efficient new products as offering outstanding value.”

The new Fusion Hybrid is one of four hybrid models offered by Ford. Hybrid models also are offered in the Mercury Milan mid-size sedan and the Ford Escape and Mercury Mariner small utility vehicles. All Ford hybrid models are the most fuel-efficient vehicles in their class, and the Ford Escape and Ford Fusion recently were named to Kelley Blue Book’s list of Top 10 Green Cars. In April, combined sales of all hybrid models totaled 2,299, up 21 percent versus a year ago.

Other new Ford products contributed to the retail share performance, including the new F-150 pickup, America’s best-selling vehicle, and Ford Flex, the distinctively styled crossover utility that had its best sales month ever (3,190).

Growing awareness and consideration of Ford and its high-quality, fuel-efficient products are starting to take hold. Plus, through June 1, Ford is offering consumers additional reasons to “Drive one.”

The Ford Advantage Plan offers payment protection up to 12 months for up to $700 per month on any new Ford, Lincoln or Mercury vehicle if a customer loses his or her job. Plus, 0 percent financing from Ford Motor Credit is available on select vehicles.

On Tuesday, April 28, Ford launched a community engagement phase of the Ford Advantage Plan. Through June 1, Ford will donate $20 to Susan G. Komen for the Cure for every test drive taken at a participating Ford, Lincoln and Mercury dealership to Komen – up to $1 million. That amount could grow even higher as more than a thousand dealers around the country are joining in to match the company’s donation. During the past 15 years, Ford has contributed more than $100 million to the fight against breast cancer.

Ford, Lincoln and Mercury sales totaled 129,898, down 31 percent compared with April 2008. Retail sales were down 32 percent compared with a year ago and fleet sales were down 30 percent.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They beat out Toyota this month (without Volvo) - although, there was significant fleeting of both the Fusion and Mustang, but with growing retail share, I'd say Ford's doing a pretty good job.

Edited by focus05

What happened to Lincoln specifically the MKS.

The MKS is fighting with its little brother that has all the same features, a lower price and better gas mileage. The typical luxury buyer isn't looking for a large car - just a luxury car. It will be a tough couple months until the MKS gets the Ecoboost. And even then, it might need that 2011? refresh that we've seen testing around the streets.

The MKS is fighting with its little brother that has all the same features, a lower price and better gas mileage. The typical luxury buyer isn't looking for a large car - just a luxury car. It will be a tough couple months until the MKS gets the Ecoboost. And even then, it might need that 2011? refresh that we've seen testing around the streets.

Your "typical" luxury buyer isn't buying right now because they're cautious right now. The other "typical" luxury buyer is all over-leveraged with all their other debts that they used to go to the HELOC ATM for.

MKS sales have been averaging about the same as Flex's, around 3K a month.

Expy and Navi are severely hurting right now.... I can hope the engineering has been well paid for and amortosized all these years.

Toyota had the audacity to raise Tundra and Sequoia prices by around $3K each...something tells me their numbers will drop substantially.

Quite a showing by the Flex and Fusion!

And it is great to see they gained retail share again.

I thought the Mustang did pretty well when you consider Ford sold over 7,000 and sales were down "only" 25% or so. Being down "only" 25% is pretty good in this market. The 2010's have only recently started arriving at dealerships and Ford could have decent summer selling new Mustangs once the marketing is in full force.

I thought the Mustang did pretty well when you consider Ford sold over 7,000 and sales were down "only" 25% or so. Being down "only" 25% is pretty good in this market. The 2010's have only recently started arriving at dealerships and Ford could have decent summer selling new Mustangs once the marketing is in full force.

Interstingly, the 2010 my local dealer has is still there and has been there for a few weeks. It is kinda hidden between about at least 5-7 2009 Mustangs, though, and cannot be seen from the road, unless you know it's there and look for it between the other vehicles in the way.

Just curious, is that mostly 09 models? What's the mix of 09 vs 10 Fusion sales? Anyone know?

I dunno, I was kinda wondering that myself, since there's deals on '09s, as well as the vast improvements on the '10.

It's selling and that's #1 in this economy. Some airheads were saying 'will never sell more than 10K a month'. Where are they now? With 'Mopar-ghetti' and GM bankrupt, Ford can get more sales simply saying 'we dont need a bailout'.

Interstingly, the 2010 my local dealer has is still there and has been there for a few weeks. It is kinda hidden between about at least 5-7 2009 Mustangs, though, and cannot be seen from the road, unless you know it's there and look for it between the other vehicles in the way.

I dunno, I was kinda wondering that myself, since there's deals on '09s, as well as the vast improvements on the '10.

According to the April Sales Conference call, 20% of the Fusion sales volume was the 2010 model. And George Pipas said that Ford sold 2x as many 2010's as they had expected. Good News!

According to the April Sales Conference call, 20% of the Fusion sales volume was the 2010 model. And George Pipas said that Ford sold 2x as many 2010's as they had expected. Good News!

Very good, as I predicted the new Fusion will sell. ;-)

But what is worrisome is the MKS, barely at 1000 and the F-series (where Ford profits the most).

Accord > Camry > Fusion > Malibu > Altima

Escape > CR-V > Rav-4

Civic > Corolla > Focus

Ford now has 3 top3 cars in the US + the #1 truck

BTW:

Ford (brand) > Chevy > Totota (brand)

Igor

Edited by igor

Very good, as I predicted the new Fusion will sell. ;-)

But what is worrisome is the MKS, barely at 1000 and the F-series (where Ford profits the most).

The MKS best month was 2,400 and it was leveling off at about 1,600 a month,wonder what happened.

Everyone is in the toilet this year. It's great that in this economy that the Fusion is still a strong seller, though.

I helped out a little... One of those April Escape sales is parked in my driveway :happy feet:

After 28 years of of car ownership, it's my first four door vehicle ever.

Not horrible considering the circumstances but it is rather concerning to see F series sales down as low as they are with the Silverado only a couple thousand units below. Excellent showing for the Fusion though even if some of it is from good deals on the 2009's still remaining, I have also noticed the Flex starting to appear a lot around here albeit with some decent incentives on the hood of that also.

mustang sales pathetic...by october i will pass judgment on stang sales..just need to see how much that crappy comaro bites into sales...outside stang and a nod to f150...i could care less what ford sales..nothing else really interests me