Ford passes on bringing current Focus RS to America

Link

However...

Note that this doesn't contradict what was said last time – that the next-generation RS might come to the U.S. since the coming Focus is being developed as a global platform with North American federalization in mind. So let's put this one to bed so we can all get on with our lives and cease pining for the current Focus RS, shall we? We need to turn our attention now to pining for the next Focus RS...

Why is this news? It's not like Ford is FINALLY going to bring the C1 Focus here with one year left in its life. Water under the bridge, through the woods, over the waterfall, into the ocean, evaporated into the sky, condensed in clouds, and rained down again to wash the bird crap off the windshield of a C170.

was there ever a market for a C car in that price range?

Look to the STi and Evo for your answer. They are both still here. Not in huge volumes, but they found a way.

Complete side question: Does anyone know what the heck is up with the row of "shark fins" on the back edge of the roof on the previous-gen Lancer Evo???

I think a lot of the press about bringing the RS over was Ford PR/marketing to test the waters.

The whole thing is like a viral marketing campaign. Even though they aren't bringing the current RS to the US, these stories keep it in the news. It's a set up for the next gen RS that, hopefully, will make to the US.

The whole thing is like a viral marketing campaign. Even though they aren't bringing the current RS to the US, these stories keep it in the news. It's a set up for the next gen RS that, hopefully, will make to the US.

Could be Farley doin' his "thang". If so, I applaud him. It would take a lot of restraint not to spill the beans on such an effort.

Complete side question: Does anyone know what the heck is up with the row of "shark fins" on the back edge of the roof on the previous-gen Lancer Evo???

I thought it was a diffuser...but I looked it up and its not...I think its to help straighten out the airflow after it hits the roof

Could be Farley doin' his "thang". If so, I applaud him. It would take a lot of restraint not to spill the beans on such an effort.

Since it's nothing more than seemingly benign news stories, there really isn't anything to spill the beans on. If they decide NOT to bring the RS to the US, no harm is done.

Since it's nothing more than seemingly benign news stories, there really isn't anything to spill the beans on. If they decide NOT to bring the RS to the US, no harm is done.

No need to bring it here. Boosted Focus will be built here.

Based on the performance alone I think they could have sold a few thousand of the current model. As others have stated, there are other performance cars in this category that are available now. I think there might have been some grumbling from the Mustang crowd about the price but those who would have been interested in the Focus RS are not necessarily the same people who would buy a Mustang. I understand all the cost issues but it really is a shame that they couldn't make a case for this one. I think it would have been a golden opportunity to bring some of the Fast and Furious crowd back into the Ford camp.

Autoblog got an email from Ford comfirming that the current one wont come BUT that Ford is commited to bring a RS car here later.

How much later, three, four years? By the time we can actually buy a Focus RS BO Motors will have mandated that we are not allowed to drive fun cars anymore. :banghead: