Ford officially confirms four-cylinder Ecoboost

Something tells me he's not really in the loop for predictions.... I'd guess he might hear far-flung speculation, add a dash of enthusiasm, and turn it into near future "reality". Not altogether bad, but disheartening if you happen to be someone who reads it and gets excited by it, only to be disappointed in the end.

All igor ever did was regurgitate shit he read here that Blue II and others posted.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wescoent may have gotten dinged for posting here. Ford watches this forum a heckuva lot closer than they watch any other.

Doesn't mean they pay attention to what they read here.......

I thought it may've been something like that too. I wish they'd take a few ideas posted here every once and a while....

To be fair, Igor said the 2010 Fusion would debut as the 2009 Fusion in 2008 and include a 4-cylinder EcoBoost at launch....

Among his more speculative articles:

http://www.autosavant.com/2007/09/25/predi...he-2009-fusion/

Predicted for 2009 model year...

http://www.autosavant.com/2007/09/25/ford-...plug-in-hybrid/

Something tells me he's not really in the loop for predictions.... I'd guess he might hear far-flung speculation, add a dash of enthusiasm, and turn it into near future "reality". Not altogether bad, but disheartening if you happen to be someone who reads it and gets excited by it, only to be disappointed in the end.

Ford was planning to have the Fusion out last year but pushed it back. Engines are harder to predict cuz problems always insue in development, sometimes even engineers dont know eactly when.

Ford was planning to have the Fusion out last year but pushed it back. Engines are harder to predict cuz problems always insue in development, sometimes even engineers dont know eactly when.

Yeah, and I know those involved were probably really excited and eager to let someone know about this big news they knew about... I don't blame them

But expectation delayed is poison to the soul, or something like that.

Wescoent may have gotten dinged for posting here. Ford watches this forum a heckuva lot closer than they watch any other.

I thought it may've been something like that too. I wish they'd take a few ideas posted here every once and a while....

I too have found Wescoent's posts to be short and accurate, truly a bonus in this Internet world.

Blue II was sometime cryptic, but accurate and I think he worked on a lot of "unofficial" projects.

I too have found Wescoent's posts to be short and accurate, truly a bonus in this Internet world.

The interesting thing about Wescoent is that he wasn't even an engineer, I believe he's involved in the financial field and worked on the Funding Ford got back a couple years ago in getting it approved. I know he lives locally to me also in Jersey.

Iv heard it from Wescoent and igor...its set for the Fusion SVT, Mustang, and f-150.

Fusion and Mustang will definitely get it.

F-150... not 100% sure on that one. As people have mentioned here... F-150 is KIND of a big guy, and no matter how much boost you have, an I4 just might not achieve the efficiencies to make it worth the trouble.

Ford does watch this forum like a hawk, which is why I've been so careful to keep the identity of myself and my 'inside man' at Ford a very closely guarded secret, and to keep info leaks conservative and close to their public announcement.

Otherwise... I've been spending more time on GMI... observing the nightmare that is GM is far more amusing than the otherwise well-run Ford.

Yeah, I've seen you over there "making friends" lately. :lol:

Oh my God... it's like some kind of freaky Bizarro world over there. I love how two thirds of those jokers seem to think that GM declaring bankruptcy was some kind of shrewd and great thing to do, and Ford was stupid for not doing it.

WHAT?!!! :doh:

Could see something similar to what the SVO represented, but I doubt we'll ever see a resurrection of the SVO name. It just doesn't make sense anymore, mostly because the SVO group no longer exists.

they need some standout nomenclature...

Boss would work just fine for me. Or make it a unique powertrain for California Special. Or heck, even revive the Grande name! :lol:

Boss should be reserved for the 5.0 enginge.....man, if they eco boost THAT beast for the GT500 all hell will break loose.....if the 3.5 eco is hitting 500 on the bench, just WHAT is the 5.0 capable of????????????