Fusion build site

I can't believe I'm pursuing this..but in an effort to cancel some bullshit rumours and outright crap being spewed in the shop...

Where is the Fusion built and who builds it? Yes I know it's ford and it's in Mexico somewhere but I just finished arguing with a toyota lover who is adamant that the fusion has high quality now because it is being built by toyota. I shit you not, this was a 20 minute "are you fucking stupid? FORD builds the FORD FUSION" with two of them saying "no toyota builds the fusion...check it out..it's true"

No they weren't trying to string me along, they HONESTLY believe that toyota is building fusions for ford! :banghead:

Give me a site to go to or the build plant etc. I'll either e-mail them the link etc or just give them the info.

No I can't believe it either, one guy drives an Acura and swears the sun rises and falls on toyota.

:finger::finger::finger:

I wonder if they are confused because they have heard about the Fremont, CA NUMMI plant that builds the Pontiac Vibe.

Or maybe they read about the Ford-Toyota patent swap.

You hear things like this and perhaps it's just like the old game of Telephone where I whisper a message to you, you whisper what you heard from me to someone else, and after a few people, the message bears little or no resemblance to the original message.

Edited by OldZephyr

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermosillo_St...ng_%26_Assembly

Hermosillo Stamping and Assembly is an automotive factory owned by Ford Motor Company, located in Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico — and currently producing Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan, and Lincoln MKZ models for the North American market.

Thanks, I was so incenced I couldn't even think of something that simple as wiki.

So acura is made my mitsu? ....haha JK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermosillo_St...ng_%26_Assembly

Hermosillo Stamping and Assembly is an automotive factory owned by Ford Motor Company, located in Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico — and currently producing Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan, and Lincoln MKZ models for the North American market.

I am so tempted to alter the article to say that Toyota built the factory for Ford :devil:

Abstract

An American-Japanese partnership in a Mexican auto plant provides a unique opportunity to study competitive intelligence and technology transfer in a cross-cultural environment. Ford-Mazda chose Hermosillo as its plant site following extensive competitive analysis of its global options. At the site, Ford managers and engineers learned the Toyota lean system from Mazda workers, and Mazda helped Ford and its CI personnel adapt the Fordist system to the Japanese lean production system. Work teams were a primary means for cultural/technical socialization and communication. The creative talents of the CI system of the American, Japanese, and Mexican managers, engineers, and factory technicians made the development of a world-class plant possible. © 1996 John wiley & Sons, Inc.

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal...=1&SRETRY=0

The Hermosillo Fusions are officially sold/marketed in North/South America(central?) and various Middle East countries(along with the Mondeo). Right-hand-drive Hermosillo Fusions are also available ( Guyana, Bermuda, Barbados , Jamaica, Falkland Islands, Trinidad and Tobago, Virgin Islands,Grenada,Dominica,Anguilla,Antigua and Barbuda,Saint Vincent and the Grenadines,Saint Lucia

...etc?).

Youtube right-hand-drive Hermosillo Fusion:

Edited by awdpath

I can't believe I'm pursuing this..but in an effort to cancel some bullshit rumours and outright crap being spewed in the shop...

Where is the Fusion built and who builds it? Yes I know it's ford and it's in Mexico somewhere but I just finished arguing with a toyota lover who is adamant that the fusion has high quality now because it is being built by toyota. I shit you not, this was a 20 minute "are you fucking stupid? FORD builds the FORD FUSION" with two of them saying "no toyota builds the fusion...check it out..it's true"

No they weren't trying to string me along, they HONESTLY believe that toyota is building fusions for ford! :banghead:

Give me a site to go to or the build plant etc. I'll either e-mail them the link etc or just give them the info.

No I can't believe it either, one guy drives an Acura and swears the sun rises and falls on toyota.

Well the Subaru plant makes Camry's - http://www.automobile.com/toyota-looks-to-...0-per-year.html

He does know that the Acura is a Honda car, not a Toyota.... right? :reading:

Tell the morons to Google "Ford Fusion Hermosillo" and see if anything comes up about Toyota related to the plant.

As the other poster said, it may come up with something regarding the Ford/Toyota Hybrid patent swap, even though I don't believe the Fusion's Hybrid system shares anything with the Toyota system.

Recent statements overheard at our local small-town coffee shop: (1) Ford Motor Company has no assembly plants in the United States (offered by former Ford salesperson), (2) Ford Ranger is a rebadged Mazda and (3) the neverending claim that Ford owns Cummins.

As the other poster said, it may come up with something regarding the Ford/Toyota Hybrid patent swap, even though I don't believe the Fusion's Hybrid system shares anything with the Toyota system.

I just went through the first 5 pages of Google results and the only occurance of "Toyota" was in a reference to my original post in this thread. ;)