Ford Transit Connect

Today I was driving down the road, and looked to my left, there next to me at the stoplight sat a Ford Transit Connect..

I had seen the car at the autshow previously and thought it looked good, but it looked fantastic on the road.

Is the Transit Connect on sale already...

I thought it still had a while before going on sale

Today I was driving down the road, and looked to my left, there next to me at the stoplight sat a Ford Transit Connect..

I had seen the car at the autshow previously and thought it looked good, but it looked fantastic on the road.

Is the Transit Connect on sale already...

I thought it still had a while before going on sale

we have two...and they are generating a LOT of interest

we have two...and they are generating a LOT of interest

They look like one of those cult vehicles that grows by word of mouth, when people

see the neighbor you watch the social networking start up.

Surely, future US production means the platform will move to C2 and 1.6 EB/DSG is used.

The perfect combination in my opinion.....

They look like one of those cult vehicles that grows by word of mouth, when people

Surely, future US production means the platform will move to C2 and 1.6 EB/DSG is used.

maybe the family version will come out soon then.

So they are out yet. I think i would buy one if it had a diesel in it... or maybe a hybrid....

i dont want an all electric one though...

ya just had to throw out that word diesel didn't you...its a big NO NO here on BON............

Yes, Ford Europe have a family transporter version, Tourneo (?)

Yes, Ford Europe have a family transporter version, Tourneo (?)

Technically, the Tourneo Connect. The Tourneo is the "family transporter" version of the the Transit.

ya just had to throw out that word diesel didn't you...its a big NO NO here on BON............

LOL Richard will throw a wobbly and close the thread down :hysterical:

We only have 55 MPG diesel Connects in Europe the gutless gasoline Connect died a death they cost to much to fill up nobody wanted them so Ford phased them out ages ago, plus the diesel engines in the Connect are more durable and the diesel engines last twice as long.

ford-tourneo-connect.jpg

People carrier 55 MPG DIESEL only Tourneo Connect.

Ford UK LINK

transit-connect-main.jpg

Transit Connect workhorse 55 MPG DIESEL only option, easy to maintain no ignition timing & plugs to check/change all the time just filters and oil, timing belt at 72,000 & reshim bucket tappets every 100,000 l know someone who has done over 350,000 miles on the same set of glow plugs in their Pug.

Ford UK LINK

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

JM, what is a pug? I've heard the word and understand it's slang, but for what?

Oh, there was one at the local dealer I saw and it was gone in three days. Not sure if it sold was moved for the publicity, but it's gone.

Peugeot.

Peugeot (PSA) have jointly developed some diesels with Ford Europe to great effect.

The 2.2 that goes in certain Mondeos makes around 300 lb ft and 175 hp.

Just saw my first Transit Connect Sunday Aug 2, 09 10:30am at Route 1&9 Linden, New Jersey. I was driving out from Walmart, stopped at the traffic light waiting to turn to the main road, Route 1&9 north. There it was a white Transit Connect right in front of my view (going opposite direction) on the main road waiting to make a left turn into the Walmart area. It doesn't looks like a commercial vehicle, no name on the side, driving by a mid-age woman. I wonder would it be someone using it as a personal vehicle.