ford plans 10 vehicles on new compact platform

link

ccording to Ford, over the course of the next few years this new global compact platform will spawn as many as 10 different vehicle variants around the world. In addition to the two C-Max variants, the next Focus will be available as a four-dour sedan, three- and five-door hatchback and convertible. That still leaves a number of other possibilities that Ford hasn't announced yet, which means we'll probably be seeing some crossovers and perhaps even sports variants coming over the next few years. With the increasing importance of the compact segment, all of these variants will play a big part in Ford's future.

Here is the list of 10 from press release of C-Max:

"Ford said 10 models will be created ... Besides the U.S. version of the C-Max, they include four- and five-door versions of the Focus, the electric Focus model, the next generation Ford Escape and Mercury Mariner, and a Mercury sedan. Three other models are under consideration. "

The Focus 4 and 5 doors are counted as 2 models, with the electric version another. So, there are 3 not announed yet, maybe a Lincoln version?

Edited by 630land

Yeah, it will be great to walk into a showroom in a few years and find nothing but overpriced little crackerbox cars.

I don't see automobile sales returning to that of a few years ago simply because automakers will not be able to sell what people want to drive. People will buy when they absolutely have to, but not before.

Yeah, it will be great to walk into a showroom in a few years and find nothing but overpriced little crackerbox cars.

I don't see automobile sales returning to that of a few years ago simply because automakers will not be able to sell what people want to drive. People will buy when they absolutely have to, but not before.

Don't fall into the Tar Pit on your way out the door....:rolleyes:

Anyways, I'm suprised...there is no mention of a 3 door hatchback or Coupe in there..that could be the 10th model

Yes, and all this happens just before Detroit was finally able to give Americans what they truly wanted--gigantic SUVs with FINS!

Don't fall into the Tar Pit on your way out the door....:rolleyes:

Anyways, I'm suprised...there is no mention of a 3 door hatchback or Coupe in there..that could be the 10th model

LOL!...there will still be larger cars...just a lot more efficient...course they could always resurrect, you know what, just to QUADRUPLE sales if deemed necessary....oh wait..............anyways , SCATHING sarcasm aside dont forget Ford still has GRWD in the closet and Aussie is shoehorning an eco 2.0 into the falcon...so, I think they have it covered SHOULD the need arise.......

Here is the list of 10 from press release of C-Max:

"Ford said 10 models will be created ... Besides the U.S. version of the C-Max, they include four- and five-door versions of the Focus, the electric Focus model, the next generation Ford Escape and Mercury Mariner, and a Mercury sedan. Three other models are under consideration. "

The Focus 4 and 5 doors are counted as 2 models, with the electric version another. So, there are 3 not announed yet, maybe a Lincoln version?

We already know there's to be a Lincoln version of Kuga/Escape.

to be found Thousands of years from now, perfectly preserved.......NEW SPECIES FOUND.....

:hysterical:

tarpit2.jpg

I guess I'm the first to discover this new species....

Edited by rmc523