2010- 3.5 EcoBoost V6 available on Ford F-150

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im really looking forward to seeing what the 2.0L puts out as far as power. It would be awesome in the Ranger.

I could not agree more but it will never happen. Ford has just abandoned the Ranger and I would love to have a new EB powered one.

Im taking the EB 3.5 will be available in the CY 2010 not model year. Im speculating that it will be next fall before we see one hit the road.

I wonder where the 3.5 EB will fit into the F-150 lineup - like what models will it be available, etc.

Thats a good question. The way things are now they just screw over you if you want a RCSB XL. No 3v engine period and no six speed. I will say you can get them in the 4x4 but everybody does not need one and it adds about 4400 to the bottom line plus less FE.

I could not agree more but it will never happen. Ford has just abandoned the (US) Ranger and I would love to have a new EB powered one.

Never going to happen.

Ranger, Crown Vic and Econoline are "dead men walking". All will likely soldier on with the same tired powertrains until they meet their maker.

Im taking the EB 3.5 will be available in the CY 2010 not model year. Im speculating that it will be next fall before we see one hit the road.

Rodger !

The 3.5 will be marvelous in an F-150. Currently, torque levels are subdued in the SHO to preserve the powertrain.

In a RWD F150 platform, that will not be the case as the Trans can manage the torque. I expect 350 hp and 375 lb ft peak torque via 6 speed automatic.

Will the line up look like this?

3.5L EcoBoost

5.0L

6.2L

6.7L Scorpion

The 3.5 will be marvelous in an F-150. Currently, torque levels are subdued in the SHO to preserve the powertrain.

In a RWD F150 platform, that will not be the case as the Trans can manage the torque. I expect 350 hp and 375 lb ft peak torque via 6 speed automatic.

Will the line up look like this?

3.5L EcoBoost

5.0L

6.2L

6.7L Scorpion

Not for the F-150. and i doubt the 3.5 EB will find its way into the Super Duty.

And... if an EcoBoost F-150 can manage 25+ MPG on the highway, its: Game... Set... and Match.

If it can't do that in a Flex, there's no way it will do it in an F150! I would expect 22, MAYBE 23 (highway), but not much more. You just can't expect a heavy truck with the aero of a brick to get good fuel economy!

If it can't do that in a Flex, there's no way it will do it in an F150! I would expect 22, MAYBE 23 (highway), but not much more. You just can't expect a heavy truck with the aero of a brick to get good fuel economy!

they already claim 21 for the SFE, so there HAS to be an improvement to justify shoehorning it in in the first place.....

Need to remember that the flex is AWD so there should be some mpg savings from moving from AWD to RWD.