Roush unleashes 540-horsepower Stage 3 and 540RH Mustangs

I'll take a stock GT500 please...and use the change for some tweeks...AND retain resale value.....

I agree. Not sure how much more power a 4.6L 3V is worth but the 5.4L 4V in the GT500 isn't even breathing hard at 540hp. The Shelby just has way more potential and it costs considerably less than the Stage 3.

Anyone could duplicate the 540RH from a Mustang GT and have change left over, albeit without a warranty. My nephew just bought a 2007 Stage I for about half its original price.

I'll take a stock GT500 please...and use the change for some tweeks...AND retain resale value.....

Exactly. You can tweak the GT500 very easily for bigger numbers. I imagine the 4.6 is near it's limits for daily use.

Weight on the Roush will be lower, but next year the GT500 gets the aluminum block... :reading:

Exactly. You can tweak the GT500 very easily for bigger numbers. I imagine the 4.6 is near it's limits for daily use.

Weight on the Roush will be lower, but next year the GT500 gets the aluminum block... :reading:

which I will imagine will only IMPROVE weight distribution.

BLASPHEMOUS!....as you can tell Iam NOT a fan of kit car Mustangs..factory does it best....

I would agree. I find Roush Mustangs gaudy and overpriced. I don't like all the tape down the side and the long shift rod is not near as nice as the short shift rod found on the stock Mustang GT and GT500. The new GT 500 would do just fine in my dreams. In fact, I hate the look of that long shift rod found in Roush Mustangs. Maybe it's not cumbersome to use, but it looks it and belongs in a 1968 Fairlane GT.

+1

Personally, I think the GT500 is the best looking Mustang out there. Like you Dean, I feel the factory does it best. The GT500 is NOT overkill in the looks department...just enough to distinguish it a bit.

Edited by fordmantpw

BLASPHEMOUS!....as you can tell Iam NOT a fan of kit car Mustangs..factory does it best....

+1

It looks okay and performance is nice. But like others, for the price, style & performance, I'd take a GT500.

+2

This is one of the better looking mods, though.....I hate it when they do all this over the top junk that looks horrible.

+1

Personally, I think the GT500 is the best looking Mustang out there. Like you Dean, I feel the factory does it best. The GT500 is NOT overkill in the looks department...just enough to distinguish it a bit.

I assume you're talking about the exterior. In this case I agree 95% of the time. However, Saleen is the exception. I would take saleen styling over factory any day. I've always laughed at Roush though. Their ""designers"" aren't even educated in industrial design! :finger::hysterical: