Thanksgiving Thanks to Ford

Thanks for not taking TARP money.

Thanks for the quality improvements.

Thanks for the new Taurus: the tallest, best looking, best quality full-sized car for the money.

Thanks for a stock performance that has gone from a low of $1.50 to $8.81.

Thanks for the new Fusion, Motor Trend's car of the year.

Thanks for the turbocharged, direct injected EcoBoost engines.

Thanks for not taking TARP money.

Thanks for the quality improvements.

Thanks for the new Taurus: the tallest, best looking, best quality full-sized car for the money.

Thanks for a stock performance that has gone from a low of $1.50 to $8.81.

Thanks for the new Fusion, Motor Trend's car of the year.

Thanks for the turbocharged, direct injected EcoBoost engines.

+100,000

I've been seeing quite a few TCs around lately.

I passed a local sign shop last week and saw 3 white TCs waiting to be lettered. I couldn't see what was going on them. We have a few around here already on the job with a local florist. I have been impressed by the few I have seen on the street. I think once the word gets around that the TC will be a big hit.

The problem is my dealer has 14 on the lot. And with only 1500 a month sold between 3000 dealers...that aint good.

My dealer actually has quite a few sitting out front as well. I think you/we have to give it time, though. It's a brand new vehicle (to the US) that potential buyers are just starting to hear about, so I think it'll begin to catch on soon enough once companies see them driving around with other companies' logos on them and stuff.

The problem is my dealer has 14 on the lot. And with only 1500 a month sold between 3000 dealers...that aint good.

Correct, not selling well around here at all. Many sitting on the lot.

To be fair many companies are still laying workers off and trying to survive, buying new vehicles is not even being considered at this time. Actually there are rows of used company trucks at several car lots around town.

Our neighbor down the street who has owned only Hondas their entire life just purchased a brand new 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid. I've even seen some of the Lexus crowd in San Francisco begin to purchase the MKTs and MKSs. The MKS ecoboost looks SHARP in real life (I'm obviously biased).

Only thing that could make Ford/Lincoln better is if they launched the MKR and MKC.

LINCOLN_MKR_CONCEPT_car.jpg

Edited by Unknown25

Thanks for everything above. Thanks for making the 2010 Taurus (especially the SHO).

Thank you for building the Panther platform cars, I walked away from a wreck that I would have been seriously hurt if I were driving some foreign tin can.

Keep up the good work. (Feel free to offer a RWD Sedan to the public again soon too!)

I've been seeing quite a few TCs around lately.

From the first time I saw one on the road recently, the following is what popped into my head almost immediately:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blogs/auto...ws/4319682.html

" Driving the van both empty and with a 1600-pound payload aboard, acceleration at urban speeds is adequate, though with the aero drag of the tall roof, the hefty curb weight, and only four gears in the slushbox, the Transit doesn't look like an ideal candidate for high-speed, cross-country touring, though Ford did mention it is in discussions with RV makers about possible camper versions.

Or maybe Ford will develop its own custom-look option packages, such a '70s "sin bin" panel version like the rear-windowless Pinto wagon festooned with yellow, orange and red side stripes and a porthole window in the rear panel. Ford really did sell such a car at one time. "

I can envision some accessories where a quick detach fold out tent structure is attached to the back, and the rear end of it has some kind of sleeping arrangements in it. I think the Aztec had something like this available, but the TC seems like it would much more conducive to something like this. I once saw a small trailer behind a PT Cruiser that had the bed up on the trailer section, and a fold out tent mechanism that covered it and an entrance "sitting room" area.

Here's a pic of something similar to what I envision:

nissan-pathfinder-murano-x-trail-qashqai-suv-tent.jpg

I'm sure that Ford and the RV types could figure something out! The only problem mentioned above is the lack of power being a problem. Maybe a little "Eco-Boost" is the necessary medicine needed?

ENTERTAINMENT BONUS:

Here's a pic of the old '70s "Sin Bin" Pinto "Cruisin' Wagon" mentioned above:

1978_ford_pinto_cruisesilver_001.jpg

Far Out, Man!!!! Weren't the '70s just ToTalLy GrOOvY?!?!?

-Ovaltine

Edited by Ovaltine