Ford has highest labor cost

According to Autoline Detroit, Ford has the highest labor cost in the industry. As noted in other threads, buyouts are being offered.

Will more plants closed than the two noted?

Likely, yes.

I'm betting Wayne will be re-commissioned to make "other" C sized vehicles. Might take a couple of years

Kansas City (Claycomo) is not looking good long term, especially with recent labor issues.

The UAW has to at least partially thank themselves for helping to put Ford at such a competitive disadvantage after Chrysler and Government Motors were handed the taxpayers bailout money. Ford will spend the money upfront now for the employee buyouts to reduce its expenses further. When Ford increases its market share and plant utilization to the point that they need more staff they'll be able to hire new employees at a much more competitive rate. It's unfortunate that, with the unemployment rate being what it is, that the UAW didn't look at the situation long term and actually negaotiate a new agreement that was mutually benneficial long term for all parties.

According to Autoline Detroit, Ford has the highest labor cost in the industry. As noted in other threads, buyouts are being offered.

I don't see how Ford can not close additional plants with uncompetitive cost structures and still fulfill its fiduciary responsibility to shareholders.

I don't see how Ford can not close additional plants with uncompetitive cost structures and still fulfill its fiduciary responsibility to shareholders.

Why? Ford's fiduciary responsibility to its shareholders is to make a profit, a return on their money invested in the company. Hell, they can build 'em on Pluto, if they can do it profitably.

Why? Ford's fiduciary responsibility to its shareholders is to make a profit, a return on their money invested in the company. Hell, they can build 'em on Pluto, if they can do it profitably.

That's what I meant to convey; my apologies for any confusion with the double negatives

Can't be that high. Ford just gave their salaried workers back their bonuses and tuition assistance.

And, your post is just another example that you are a troll. A troll that will say anything to start a fight. This thread should be closed, and you should be banned.

^ This. Corporations exist primarily to earn a profit for shareholders, not pay employees above-market salaries and benefits. Not that the latter is incompatible with the former, but to expect it to always be so is foolish. And lets not forget that shareholders aren't all rich, evil, greedy millionaires -- they are often pension funds trying to get a good return on investment so they can pay benefits to retirees.

Can't be that high. Ford just gave their salaried workers back their bonuses and tuition assistance.

And, your post is just another example that you are a troll. A troll that will say anything to start a fight. This thread should be closed, and you should be banned.

Now Pioneer, it's the Christmas season. Learn how to play with others will you. :shades:

All I did is report what the Detroit area news reported. I made nothing up.

Just reported the news and truth. :reading:

Hey, let me ask you... is the report true? or can you post something that indicates the information is wrong?

Edited by mettech

Now Pioneer, it's the Christmas season. Learn how to play with other will you.

All I did is report what the Detroit area news reported. I made nothing up.

Just reported the news and truth. :reading:

Hey, let me ask you... is the report true? or can you post something that indicates the information is wrong?

god-kills-kitten-troll.jpg

Breaking news:

The United States Air Force has a higher labor cost than any other military force in the world. Most officers are seen parking their BMW's and other high-end import vehicles at their base parking lot and have been seen laughing all the way to the base computer to troll on domestic car enthusiast forums. All the while, the United States Government has the highest debt in the world of any other country.

Remember, I am only reporting the facts.

Merry Christmas, asshole.

the pay rate is a unch of BULLSHIT!!! all companies and the TV guys are all in it together to fck the working man...

take Ford for example...40,000 workers if we made $5 an hour above GM it only cost Ford $400 million a year more..now Ford has sales of $160 Billion and $400 mills aint going to hurt them 1 fcking bit.... Ford is going to make $3-5 billion profit next in 2010 depending on how much $$ they hide.... $400 aint going to cause any BS "competitive disadvantage" with anyone..

its about time to put an end to this BS talking point and this goes for any and all business who move to China there all greedy...

Most public companies take a balanced approach to their responsibilities to their communities (jobs and charitable giving), their employees (pay and esteem), and their shareholders (profits and share price).

In the long run, the company benefits from this approach. Sells more widgets. Which, in the long run, is good for shareholders. So it is about profits and shareholders. Enlightened Capitalism.

Breaking news:

The United States Air Force has a higher labor cost than any other military force in the world. Most officers are seen parking their BMW's and other high-end import vehicles at their base parking lot and have been seen laughing all the way to the base computer to troll on domestic car enthusiast forums. All the while, the United States Government has the highest debt in the world of any other country.

Remember, I am only reporting the facts.

Merry Christmas, asshole.

"...Almost two-thirds of pilots eligible to sign up for the $125,000 pilot bonus are agreeing to stay in the Air Force for five more years. But only 57 percent of fighter pilots are opting to stay. Just 33 percent of eligible Raptor pilots and 49 percent of eligible Warthog pilots have decided to take the bonus.

The numbers for the Raptor are puzzling, given that it is the jewel of the fleet and a prized assignment, but Lt. Col. Dewey DuHadway, chief of rated force policy, noted that only 15 F-22A pilots became eligible for the bonus this fiscal year, which began in October 2007. It’s hard to draw conclusions from such a small sample, he said..."

Still not enough pay to keep fighter pilots in. :drop: This is on top of their normal pay. Military Pay charts

Aviation Career Incentive Pay

ACIP, for officers and warrant officers, is based on years of aviation service, not years of active commissioned service. The 2002 Defense Authorization Act ensures that aviators retained under stop-loss policies will not incur a step-down rate reduction if they cross a years-of-aviation-service threshold.

Years of aviation service — Monthly rate

Less than 2 — $125

More than 2 — 156

More than 3 — 188

More than 4 — 206

More than 6 — 650

More than 14 — 840

•More than 22 — 585

•More than 23 — 495

•More than 24 — 385

•More than 25 — 250

•Does not apply to Army warrant officers; they remain at $840 per month for the remainder of their careers.

the pay rate is a unch of BULLSHIT!!! all companies and the TV guys are all in it together to fck the working man...

take Ford for example...40,000 workers if we made $5 an hour above GM it only cost Ford $400 million a year more..now Ford has sales of $160 Billion and $400 mills aint going to hurt them 1 fcking bit.... Ford is going to make $3-5 billion profit next in 2010 depending on how much $$ they hide.... $400 aint going to cause any BS "competitive disadvantage" with anyone..

its about time to put an end to this BS talking point and this goes for any and all business who move to China there all greedy...

Isn't Ford in debt? Your math is off here (with Ford's share of social security/medicare it runs close to $450 million) but shouldn't that go to pay off loans first?

Now if only we could get Mettech and Pioneer to put each other on ignore .............. :backtotopic:

If the board would enforce it's policies and banned all the trolls, mettech wouldn't be here to instigate all of the Ford employees on the site. Look at his posts. That is all he does.

Ever hear of a little ideal called capitalism?