GM Reports 7% Increase In Retail Sales

TomServo92

Link

Mustang closes the gap on the Camaro (approx. 1K difference).

They are actually down 6 percent and were clever in hiding the truth.

This represents a total sales decline of 6 percent from the previous year

Gm is trying to spin the truth for PR purposes imo.

Retail sales at Chevrolet, Buick, GMC Cadillac UP 13%.

Overall sales DOWN 6%.

Hummer, Pontiac, Saturn, Saab sales accounted for 9% of retail sales.

Hummer, Pontiac, Saturn, Saab inventories are now under 6000 total units.

Make of this what you will. My take? It's going to be very difficult for GM to maintain momentum with 4 fewer brands chipping in sales. Good in the long run if they can manage it, but I wouldn't expect to see too many big gains in sales for GM throughout the year.

Edited by NickF1011

Make of this what you will. My take? It's going to be very difficult for GM to maintain momentum with 4 fewer brands chipping in sales. Good in the long run if they can manage it, but I wouldn't expect to see too many big gains in sales for GM throughout the year.

GM seems to believe that potential buyers of the dead brands will just buy from one of the surviving GM brands. Some will but how many will just defect to another brand? I think that number will be far higher than GM anticipates.

I will say one thing for GM: Their larger CUV's/SUV's are unstoppable on the sales charts.

Suburban/Tahoe/Traverse sales absolutely dwarf Expedition/Explorer/Flex sales.

Tahoe/Suburban has always beaten Expy for whatever reason.

As for Traverse......rental fleets anyone?

Yeah, but it's not like all of Tahoe/Suburban buyers are repeat buyers. They are simply more popular, even with new buyers, for whatever reason.

I don't understand it either - Expedition has always seemed like a better/nicer vehicle to me (especially before the '07 Tahoe/Suburban came out, IMO).

Yeah, but it's not like all of Tahoe/Suburban buyers are repeat buyers. They are simply more popular, even with new buyers, for whatever reason.

My daughter is going to buy a new GMC Denali this spring. She sat in a Expedition for 30 sec and said no to it. She did the same thing with the Edge. She prefers the looks inside and out of the Tahoe or Denali.

My daughter is going to buy a new GMC Denali this spring. She sat in a Expedition for 30 sec and said no to it. She did the same thing with the Edge. She prefers the looks inside and out of the Tahoe or Denali.

:hysterical:

Ford shouldn't care about that lost sale. If she couldn't give the car sixty seconds of her time, then there's not enough money in the world to turn those cars into what she wants.

Especially if she prefers what GM is making.

Retail sales at Chevrolet, Buick, GMC Cadillac UP 13%.

Overall sales DOWN 6%.

Hummer, Pontiac, Saturn, Saab sales accounted for 9% of retail sales.

Hummer, Pontiac, Saturn, Saab inventories are now under 6000 total units.

still do not understand dumping pontiac, huge mistake, but we shall see

I also prefer GM's full size SUV's to Ford's. But I do like Ford's midsize SUV and CUV offerings better then GM.

Personally, I prefer the Tahoe/Suburban styling (at least exterior-wise) to the Expedition also.

I hope the new Explorer turns out as nice as the Edge. Might be just the right size for my next vehicle.

still do not understand dumping pontiac, huge mistake, but we shall see

The problem with keeping Pontiac is that it is far too much of a "mainstream" brand to keep investing it in enough to keep both its and Chevrolet's lineups up to snuff with the competition. Pontiac had largely become redundant, becoming little more than Chevrolets with twin opening grilles.