Hola, Focus.

:headscratch:

Basically right now I'm wondering just what on Earth I'm looking at, a mish-mash of of radically different styling elements, no 3 door, horrid taillights on the hatch, and anemic numbers for the DI TiVCT 4. Awesome interior though.

I guess I'll just stay with the Mustangs from now on, the V6 is only 21k anyways..

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Basically right now I'm wondering just what on Earth I'm looking at, a mish-mash of of radically different styling elements, no 3 door, horrid taillights on the hatch, and anemic numbers for the DI TiVCT 4. Awesome interior though.

I guess I'll just stay with the Mustangs from now on, the V6 is only 21k anyways..

OK. Why didn't you just say that in first place?

Looks great! That interior is phenomenal.

Preliminary Vehicle Specifications

Length,Width,Height,Wheelbase

Four-Door 178.7 in / 4538 mm, 71.9 in / 1826 mm, 58.1 in / 1477 mm, 104.2 in / 2648 mm

Five-Door 178.6 in / 4536 mm, 71.9 in / 1826 mm, 57.9 in / 1472 mm, 104.2 in / 2648 mm

Edited by richardmayo

Wait... did you hear that?

The collective sound of GM execs looking at the Cruze and smacking their heads on the conference table.

Haha thats funny, I was thinking wow, Focus sure does kill the cruze in the looks dept.

But that Focus is beautiful! That is heads and tails above what I thought it would be! Awesome job, now get the ecoboost in ASAP!

12:1 compression ratio.

155hp 145ft/lbs of torque.

there will be a 3rd C-car plant other than MAP, and LAP.

the car is 4 inches wider, 3 inches longer and 1 inch shorter, yet it looks much longer and closer to the ground.

the interior is a game changer. there is nothing close to it, it even puts VW to shame. WOW.

Edited by Biker16

There are some things I would've done differently (big surprise, eh?), not a fan of the upper crease between the two fender flares, as it seems to diminish the effect the two flares have. Front seems a bit vague and busy as well.

But not as bland as I was afraid of.

The IP seems to be Euro-spec, as MyFord needs two screens and that only has one...?

2.0L with 155hp standard? That's practically overpowered.

I like this, a lot. But the model shown, if sold in the US would be what? $23-25K? I expect that the majority of Focuses will trade for much lower. My hope is that they planned ahead and the car looks fine with smaller wheels and doesn't have a tacky interior with lots of "dead buttons."

Assuming they've taken that into account, what an awesome car. What else in the C-class comes close to this execution? Mazda3? But even then the design isn't as well integrated throughout. This is a sharp car and a game changer for Ford.

Way to go Dearborn.

The IP seems to be Euro-spec, as MyFord needs two screens and that only has one...?

There's two, one between the gauges and one in the console. Plus a smaller 3rd down with the climate controls. The graphics on the screen, and the 5-way buttonson the wheel, are both consistent with MyFord Touch.

I like this, a lot. But the model shown, if sold in the US would be what? $23-25K? I expect that the majority of Focuses will trade for much lower. My hope is that they planned ahead and the car looks fine with smaller wheels and doesn't have a tacky interior with lots of "dead buttons."

Assuming they've taken that into account, what an awesome car. What else in the C-class comes close to this execution? Mazda3? But even then the design isn't as well integrated throughout. This is a sharp car and a game changer for Ford.

Way to go Dearborn.

I think that they are going to sell mostly high-end models just like the Mazda3. I have rarely, if ever, in the past 5 years seen a base model with small wheels, etc. Most of the Flexes I see in the D.C. area are all loaded Limited models.

I was discussing that exact issue with PREMiERdrum after it first was shown. My only thought is that that screen between the gauges would just be split down the middle? Obviously the screen setup won't need a tachometer setting like the Edge/MKX has.

Way to go Dearborn.

While I'd probably take it over much if not all of the competition (Focus excluded), the 3's design is a HUGE turnoff for me nowadays.

There's two, one between the gauges and one in the console. Plus a smaller 3rd down with the climate controls. The graphics on the screen, and the 5-way buttonson the wheel, are both consistent with MyFord Touch.

He's referring to the split screen setup within the gauge cluster like what debuted on the Edge/MKX a few days ago.