Hola, Focus.

It may also may have the option of turn key left (in the lock) for driver and right for all doors as well. I agree reaching inside to unlock is a pain. I thought power locks were supposed to eliminate reaching inside to unlock your other doors...I usually don't unlock for others, my fast can't handle the weight. ;)

Who uses keys anymore?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't read every article yet but so far I have seen no mention of RevoKnuckle. Will that be an RS/SVT model exclusive as on the current Euro RS?

The Autoblog link had this"

One more interesting feature that will be available on the next-gen Focus is Dynamic Cornering Control. While torque vectoring has been increasingly used in high performance all-wheel-drive systems from Acura, BMW and Audi, Ford is applying the concept to the front-wheel-drive Focus. If it delivers, this should help provide even better handling balance with less understeer in the new compact.

So I wonder if that isn't RevoKnuckle?

I don't care for the center door locks, but I can probably get over it. The car is everything I want in my next car. I just want to know when the 1.6EB will be come available.

On my drive to work this morning, during the 30 second "news" on the morning radio show, they mentioned the new Focus being introduced today. I've never heard automobile news on the radio before (other than bailout news). They mentioned it has grill louvers that will close at highway speeds when less cooling air is needed. I haven't read any of the articles yet to find out all the details, but it sounds like there will be a lot to learn.

The Autoblog link had this"

One more interesting feature that will be available on the next-gen Focus is Dynamic Cornering Control. While torque vectoring has been increasingly used in high performance all-wheel-drive systems from Acura, BMW and Audi, Ford is applying the concept to the front-wheel-drive Focus. If it delivers, this should help provide even better handling balance with less understeer in the new compact.

I don't care for the center door locks, but I can probably get over it. The car is everything I want in my next car. I just want to know when the 1.6EB will be come available.

The 1.6L EB is the big question for me too.

One more interesting feature that will be available on the next-gen Focus is Dynamic Cornering Control ...
I haven't read every article yet but so far I have seen no mention of RevoKnuckle. Will that be an RS/SVT model exclusive as on the current Euro RS?

I think RevoKnuckle would be considered a "passive" cornering control device.

CD mentioned that the Focus has a long option list (" ...will be offered with rain-sensing wipers, a parallel-parking system, a blind-spot warning system, a backup camera, ambient lighting, a stitched dashboard, and a sophisticated navigation system ...")

I'll bet everyone of those options will be required with the 1.6L EcoBoost engine, just like the Taurus SHO !

Edited by theoldwizard

What about the 3 door hatch? the ones in Europe are amazing. I hope it comes.

I wonder if Ford will debut an Ecoboost Focus SVT or ST model at a later auto show this spring and maybe that would be a 3dr. hatch configuration. Ford did say they are making a 2L Ecoboost I4, and I would imagine that means a Focus SVT model.

... and anemic numbers for the DI TiVCT 4.

I have to agree.

If (non-turbo) DI with 12:1 compression ratio is supposed to be that fantastic, why does this engine only get 77.5 HP/liter while the new 5.0L Coyote V8 gets 82.4 HP/liter using lower compression and much cheaper PFI. In theory, the V8 should do worse with greater parasitic loss from more sliding friction from additional pistons and lifters.

Hopefully, the engine calibrators spent some time calibrating for peak power when running E85. That little mill should go like stink on corn squeezin's !

I'm guessing it was tuned for economy, not power.

Everyone knows that you don't get your best economy with E85, so once the PCU has determined you are burning E85, why not give the customer what he wants !

Besides, if cost was an issue, why did they use DI ? A person knowledgeable with cost on this engine estimates that the DI system adds over $200 to the build cost. (Multiply that by 4 or 5 to see how it affects the retail price.)

I think RevoKnuckle would be considered a "passive" cornering control device.

CD mentioned that the Focus has a long option list (" ...will be offered with rain-sensing wipers, a parallel-parking system, a blind-spot warning system, a backup camera, ambient lighting, a stitched dashboard, and a sophisticated navigation system ...")

I'll bet everyone of those options will be required with the 1.6L EcoBoost engine, just like the Taurus SHO !

Actually every one of those options are not required with the SHO. A basic SHO comes without a moonroof, BLIS, Navigation, heated/cooled seats, rain sensing wipers, etc

Everyone knows that you don't get your best economy with E85, so once the PCU has determined you are burning E85, why not give the customer what he wants !

Besides, if cost was an issue, why did they use DI ? A person knowledgeable with cost on this engine estimates that the DI system adds over $200 to the build cost. (Multiply that by 4 or 5 to see how it affects the retail price.)

1) Well, who says that the numbers given are HP/Torque on E85?

2) I'll buy the 4-5x multiplier on an option, not on a piece of standard equipment.

2.0L with 155hp standard? That's practically overpowered.

I like this, a lot. But the model shown, if sold in the US would be what? $23-25K? I expect that the majority of Focuses will trade for much lower. My hope is that they planned ahead and the car looks fine with smaller wheels and doesn't have a tacky interior with lots of "dead buttons."

Ford may believe that the Fiesta will garner more of the lower prided Focus business.

In theory, the V8 should do worse with greater parasitic loss from more sliding friction from additional pistons and lifters.

In theory being the key word there. Coyote more than likely has more efficient cylinder heads and (probably) more effort put into windage control.

Look at the 5.4, in theory the 5.4 shouldn't be able to compete with the 4.6 on power density due to increased friction caused by the longer stroke, yet it does.

Edited by White99GT

It is, we are infact getting the Titanium.

So we're getting another trim level that doesn't fit into ANYTHING offered here in the US? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it'll be called "Limited" here, rather than "Titanium."

Who uses keys anymore?

Not me, except to start the car, of course.

Edited by rmc523

Jim Hughes says that pricing will be held close to the current car’s $17,570 base price when it goes on sale. However, we can see a Focus easily creeping into the mid-to-high-$20K bracket by the time many of the desirable options are added.

Was surprised to see this as I figured the base price would go up substantially as well. For an altogether different class of car (in terms of refinement, etc) this is a welcome surprise.

So we're getting another trim level that doesn't fit into ANYTHING offered here in the US? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it'll be called "Limited" here, rather than "Titanium."

And of course when the prices are released, and someone checks off every possible box, we can look forward to the inevitable, "$31k for a Focus, it'll never sell!!!!" reactions.

I'm extremely impressed! This is a 10,000% improvement over the current model! :happy feet:

Is this strange-looking extra panel the fuel door?

post-16822-1263187897_thumb.png

If so, how 'come the 4-door has a thumb-notch for the fuel door but the hatch doesn't?

If you look through again, one of the sedan shots shows one with a tabless fuel door, indicating at least the availability of a remote release on the 4-door.

They are showing this car to soon. Everyone will be grumbling why its taking so long to get here just like they did with the Fiesta and everything else. I agree with Muls on not showing cars a few years out but showing what amounts to be a production car a year out is still to long in my opinion.

As far as the car itself, it looks awesome.