See ya 2007 CV Sport, hello 2010 SHO

Well the 07 CV Sport was pushing 100,000 and Co. policy said time to go. So almost two months to the day of order placement , I picked up the new SHO. Great car, Super handling and quick. But guess what - I miss the old CV, its bullet proof feel, and that V-8 sound courtesy of a pair of Flowmasters.. In typical CV fashion this car never let me down and I had plenty of 500 mile days in it. And while the Taurus has super comfortable seats, at this point they almost seem in a word confining.

So again, Topgun, Ute and the rest of the folks at STAP, you did a great job. I just wish this Taurus had a north/south 4.6 and a rear axle pushing it- and yes a "Made in Canada" sticker on it because I really think you folks have a passion for what you built.

Everyone says the SHO will be the best car I ever had. I hope so. I'll let you know the first time I do one of those 500 mile days

Well the 07 CV Sport was pushing 100,000 and Co. policy said time to go. So almost two months to the day of order placement , I picked up the new SHO. Great car, Super handling and quick. But guess what - I miss the old CV, its bullet proof feel, and that V-8 sound courtesy of a pair of Flowmasters.. In typical CV fashion this car never let me down and I had plenty of 500 mile days in it. And while the Taurus has super comfortable seats, at this point they almost seem in a word confining.

So again, Topgun, Ute and the rest of the folks at STAP, you did a great job. I just wish this Taurus had a north/south 4.6 and a rear axle pushing it- and yes a "Made in Canada" sticker on it because I really think you folks have a passion for what you built.

Everyone says the SHO will be the best car I ever had. I hope so. I'll let you know the first time I do one of those 500 mile days

I've done 430 in a day in one. It was awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats on the new mean machine. Well I hope their was a Topgun II in Chicago to look after your new SHO. Hope your new ride is what you expected.

A few years ago I rented a CV followed by some big Buick. The Buick (FWD) was roomier, faster, more fuel efficient and and had much more precise steering. That being said, the CV just felt right. The feel of a V-8 going through the rear wheels just feels so good! I think the long wheelbase and the fact that you are not sitting on top of the front wheels helps too. Given a choice, I would pick the CV.

How's the real world FE on a SHO? When it comes time to replace my wife's Edge, I'd love to get her to test drive one.

I only have 2500 + on it. It was averaging like 22.5. I was in So. Jersey last week and when I jumped on the J T'pike headed home I reset. I pulled into the garage 329 miles later at 27.1. That was a lot of heavy traffic on the Garden State Parkway and also a lot of 75+. All in all pretty good. I'm also not a heavy foot. I have been alternating 89 and 93 on fill ups.

Congrats on the new mean machine. Well I hope their was a Topgun II in Chicago to look after your new SHO. Hope your new ride is what you expected.

No Topgun II in CAP. I had done a couple of posts with the vin as I did with the CV but never got a response. Like I said- I think you guys had a passion about what you were building!

I only have 2500 + on it. It was averaging like 22.5. I was in So. Jersey last week and when I jumped on the J T'pike headed home I reset. I pulled into the garage 329 miles later at 27.1. That was a lot of heavy traffic on the Garden State Parkway and also a lot of 75+. All in all pretty good. I'm also not a heavy foot. I have been alternating 89 and 93 on fill ups.

You're doing about the same as my 2007 Montego with the 3.0L and 6speed. Pretty darned good considering you have around 150 more HP.

• Like 1

You're doing about the same as my 2007 Montego with the 3.0L and 6speed. Pretty darned good considering you have around 150 more HP.

Agreed! I have to admit I don't have a heavy foot but its not bad.. I will be experimenting with the paddle shiffters to see if using them does any better. One thing I have noticed it will NOT let you upshift if you don't have sufficient RPMS. And it automaticlly downshifts- so the paddle shifters don't quite give you the control that I would have thought they would- I guess they are trying to make it teenager proof!

Congrats. Enjoy it - I love my SHO. Best car I've driven and that includes a couple Mustangs and a couple imports.

Time will tell- BTW, not crazy about those two grill bars with the fake holes- So I covered them with black tape- I do belive it looks better- I'll give it a week or two. I really think they should have given the front end a bit of differentiation.

Time will tell- BTW, not crazy about those two grill bars with the fake holes- So I covered them with black tape- I do belive it looks better- I'll give it a week or two. I really think they should have given the front end a bit of differentiation.

Can you post pics with the tape? I'm curious as to what that looks like.