convincing the union membership to vote yes

sonnyblack03

International is in bed with Ford motor co...international should be ashamed for trying to get the union membership to vote yes on basically taking away our only leverage{strike}with the company...While ford was still crying broke...3weeks after the vote Ford turned a 1billion dollar profit& gave salary back everything they took from the hourly....International was going to get bonuses if they could convince the union body to vote in fords favor....WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!

• Like 2

International is in bed with Ford motor co...international should be ashamed for trying to get the union membership to vote yes on basically taking away our only leverage{strike}with the company...While ford was still crying broke...3weeks after the vote Ford turned a 1billion dollar profit& gave salary back everything they took from the hourly....International was going to get bonuses if they could convince the union body to vote in fords favor....WAKE UP PEOPLE!!!

OLD NEWS

• Like 2

LOL....must have been too busy working 12hrs a day 7 days a week at VD or Saline to check the site since Dec. WTF???

Good Captain once again you are wrong, the only people working 12hrs a day 7 days a week at VD are the people that work in departments with the with the 4 crew rotation. 4 days one week 3 days the next.. :censored:

• Like 1

Yes...we need to keep the drumbeat all the way to the '11 contract. I expect Ford to do as Ford does. I do not expect my union to lay down. That is unacceptable !

I could not agree more! Ford is for the company, the union is supposed to be for us. There is no excuse for trying to sell us down the river.

• Like 1

Typical cries of the unelectable during an upcoming election period.........soon you again will go away to lick your wounds until you can again emerge from beneath your rock......

It is no secret that the last proposal was UNPOPULAR...........

and if you noticed.......the IUAW went around "to answer questions on the package"........there was no hard sell here folks.........it was ugly...........

but Bob believed there was a chance for Solidarity amongst union brothers and sisters .....he truly believed it was your choice.......the highest authority's decision to make......

was it so bad to have someone who is supposed to allow you to make a decision.....to give you all an option?

The plants that are losing capacity and shifts RIGHT now as we speak.............would have additional volume and product if you voted yes.............

It was a gamble that it would pass.........because many plants felt safe.....they had sales and product..........and because it tailcoated several other concessionary mods..........but Bob believed that you....the membership.......should be able to decide if the trade off was worth it.........or not.......

IT WAS YOUR CALL............and you overwhelmingly said no.........so get over it.......and just because there is increased bitterness and resentment in the most dire times ever for our industry.......does not mean that you idiots "have a better idea"......

Your opposition leaders are less than stellar.........most are laughable..........unpopular even at their own locations....usually repetitious in their election losses.......only half-assed knowledgeable of the contract......and your thinking that "now is the time" because we can blame a global recession on the IUAW leaders and maybe we will get elected??????

How about getting a life...............I meanwhile........will quietly wait until once again.........you all (all 60 of you) go away once again............

Edited by level
  • Like 1

Typical cries of the unelectable during an upcoming election period.........soon you again will go away to lick your wounds until you can again emerge from beneath your rock......

and if you noticed.......the IUAW went around "to answer questions on the package"........there was no hard sell here folks.........it was ugly...........

but Bob believed there was a chance for Solidarity amongst union brothers and sisters .....he truly believed it was your choice.......the highest authority's decision to make......

was it so bad to have someone who is supposed to allow you to make a decision.....to give you all an option?

The plants that are losing capacity and shifts RIGHT now as we speak.............would have additional volume and product if you voted yes.............

It was a gamble that it would pass.........because many plants felt safe.....they had sales and product..........and because it tailcoated several other concessionary mods..........but Bob believed that you....the membership.......should be able to decide if the trade off was worth it.........or not.......

IT WAS YOUR CALL............and you overwhelmingly said no.........so get over it.......and just because there is increased bitterness and resentment in the most dire times ever for our industry.......does not mean that you idiots "have a better idea"......

Your opposition leaders are less than stellar.........most are laughable..........unpopular even at their own locations....usually repetitious in their election losses.......only half-assed knowledgeable of the contract......and your thinking that "now is the time" because we can blame a global recession on the IUAW leaders and maybe we will get elected??????

How about getting a life...............I meanwhile........will quietly wait until once again.........you all (all 60 of you) go away once again............

Spoken like a true international rep sell out! They take you guys up there after you sell out your local and theres nothing left! You must be one of their favorites!

• Like 1

Spoken like a true international rep sell out! They take you guys up there after you sell out your local and theres nothing left! You must be one of their favorites!

• Like 2

Wow you are bitter. What happened to the level guy. We voted it down because Ford does what ever they want no matter what it says in the contract. We don't believe them. We don't believe the IUAW.

• Like 1

Thanks Level,

I did speak to Bob King personally during the modifications and there was no pressure. He did answer my concerns and questions. Again you are correct there were reps available to answer questions. I was never pressured and was treated with respect.

Thru my conversation with Bob it was apparent he bargained the best proposal he could which he felt fufilled our best interest to secure product and investment to give us our job security.

Yes Job Security. I remember in 2005 the "way forward" announcement of closing Wixom, Atlanta, Edison, Norfolk, Maumee and several other locations. This trend was stopped under Bob King as our President.

If nothing was done the trend of outsourcing would continue to Mexico, Canada, Asia and wherever else. Bob secured product committments in 2006, 2007 and in 2008 for our precious job security.

We are the Union. We have a say in our future. We voted down the last proposal.

End of story.

2011 negotiations are next year.

Nothing changed. We are the Union. We have a say in our future.

The slander of the UAW as crooks and sell outs is down right wrong. These very people claiming to be against the UAW will have their names on the next election ballot. Make no mistake these very threads are designed to divide the membership and ride this economic wave to discredit positions they wish to run for during the next election.

Make no mistake. This forum has turned into a big election slander tool.

Thanks again Level.......... You are right once again.

P.S. Keep the name calling to a minimum

• Like 1

Wow you are bitter. What happened to the level guy. We voted it down because Ford does what ever they want no matter what it says in the contract. We don't believe them. We don't believe the IUAW.

Better to believe half the clowns that post here that don't know what they're talking about?

Again you are correct there were reps available to answer questions. I was never pressured and was treated with respect.

I spoke with Mr King for about 30 minutes, he did try to answer the questions I had for him. I also had the actual agreement with me as well as the 2007 language with the unpublished language, same with the March 2009 language and unpublished letters. Some issues I brought up with him where there simply was no right answer for, he was respectful even while we disagreed on certain points in the conversations.

As for the other reps that where sent to persuade the yes votes, they where not nearly as insightful (some of these where former local 36 reps ). When presented with the language that I asked them to prove to me certain items that where just repackaged as "new" product commitments they could not, one was a 2007 national negotiator as he was happy to point that fact out to me by showing me where his signature was on the 2007 pages i was showing him.

Once it was apparent that bullshit would not persuade me they resorted to threats and scare tactics as to why I should have voted yes. So while I am happy for you louie that there was no pressure when you where approached do not for one moment think they did not try like hell to get the yes votes by any means necessary.

For those reasons alone are why I would prefer to hear it from the horses mouth (King), instead of washed up thug wanna bee's trying to keep their comfy IUAW spot.

• Like 1

quit trying to run for office, you do not even have a clue what that was all about. wake up people sonnyblack03 is just running for office and has no merit.

what a huge load of horse crap...obviously written by a IUAW rep....they came into our plants threatening us, using whipsaw techniques that were usually only done by management and we still stood ground and showed solidarity against the new enemy. I agree, we should not forget this in 11' We are our brothers keeper.

LOL you were an idiot a year ago, 4 months ago and i see you are still one today. You pulse,soupy,and condor should all just STFU. We all know you would sell your souls for that coveted appointed job if you haven't already. you are all laughable IDIOTS